Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just some thoughts...

Shaunsters

First off I want to apologize for not being around last night... I had a personal matter to take care of... Tied me down from about 7-12.

I know a certain BMD is not happy about the strong hire at all. Chances are he will most likely pull his donations. Mad is not even the right word he is livid.

Strong is not the right hire, it's a rushed hire by Patterson cause he was feeling the heat and nervousness that he might missed on Fisher and Saban. I love what Nuuf posted on Obloods basically confirming what we were reporting for weeks. Yet got laughed at. Texas was still on Saban up until like NYE. Then things got quiet. All the BMD besides Jamail wanted Saban. Patterson got nervous, which he shouldn't have. You have to stay strong. Worst case he could have gotten Gruden.

Patterson got supported by the bug guys to get Saban or a big name. Then he settles for Strong and his whole sub-par staff. There are a lot of unhappy people right now. How dare Bellmont leak the strong info when it wasn't finalized.

Strong will most likely end up as coach. But the stuff in the background is as unsettled as ever. People are not happy with Patterson.

Thanks everyone for being a part of Hornsports and realizing we post what we here when we here it.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Appreciate the info and I'm sure some aren't happy. Some BMD prob need to be knocked down a peg but regardless I don't think strong is a bad hire at all

He's actually a really good coach. I wanted saban too but uT will be fine

Thanks Shaun but I do not believe Gruden is a good head coach. Flashy? yes. But that's not what Texas needs now. We need a nitty gritty head coach who delves into the X's and O's, expects physicality, and will relate to recruits. That is Strong to a T. Gruden is not familiar with recruiting and has a history of leaving jobs with sour relationships. He would have been a bad choice.

Thanks Shaun but I do not believe Gruden is a good head coach. Flashy? yes. But that's not what Texas needs now. We need a nitty gritty head coach who delves into the X's and O's, expects physicality, and will relate to recruits. That is Strong to a T.

I honestly think you just described Jon Gruden too!

I thought Mcphaul posted a big selling point was strong would be able to hire a dream staff?

He's bringing just guys from Louisville? That's very hard to believe

Oh he did tell us he would be open to bringing in the best of the best. But now the rumors are he is bringing his whole staff with him. Yikes

I thought Mcphaul posted a big selling point was strong would be able to hire a dream staff?

He's bringing just guys from Louisville? That's very hard to believe

That raises an enormous flag IMO. You can bring a dream team and you want to bring your band of merry men? I just can't get my mind around that.

Sounds like you're projecting because Strong isn't your guy or the guy you wanted.

It's almost as if people are trying to convince others to hate this hire and anything the hire does because he's not Saban.

Some of you aren't even going to give him a chance to succeed. No matter what he does, he's a failure and you'll hate it and him.

Seems like...

If the BMD is that butt hurt needs to have a little perspective and calm down. Sounds like a petulant child who didn't get his way. If he loves UT then he should still support it even if he didn't get his way. The most important part is Mack is gone and a new regime is coming in. I for one will welcome whoever with open arms and support.

Personally have never believed Saban was an option (especially after signing the extension) and not sure anyone could convince me otherwise. Not knocking those reporting it as an FYI just my opinion on the matter.

Coaching hires are a crap shoot. There is zero guarantee even Saban would be successful at UT (my opinion ids he would be but nothing is a sure thing in coaching).

Oh he did tell us he would be open to bringing in the best of the best. But now the rumors are he is bringing his whole staff with him. Yikes

If he changed the terms of the deal after the fact, the deal should be off. I think he would be a good coach here with the right OC, but to handcuff himself to a staff that is below par is rediculous.

Sounds like you're projecting because Strong isn't your guy or the guy you wanted.

It's almost as if people are trying to convince others to hate this hire and anything the hire does because he's not Saban.

Some of you aren't even going to give him a chance to succeed. No matter what he does, he's a failure and you'll hate it and him.

Seems like...

Yeah, and that little iceberg was no big deal for the Titanic either. No amount of your wishful thinking can change the reality that Patterson has screwed up this whole process and fractured the fan base further by hiring an incompetent Korn Ferry, not consulting with all the stakeholders and not selling the tier 1 or tier 2 options on UT. Even Bobby Burton cannot believe this fiasco and puts it at 50/50 that Strong will fall through completely.

I will believe he brings his whole staff when I see it. No offense shaunsters but it seems you are letting your dislike of strong color things a bit. He's in no way a disaster as a coach and not remotely close to that.

The BMD pulling donations needs to calm down a bit. All this crying will go away if strong wins.

Funny thing is nationally this morn I've been seeing a lot of guys like this hire. Yet the people who think they run the world hate it. Go figure

This is the thread I will be leaving on. It's been fun guys, but this is just rampant speculation, conflicts with what others have said, and is hilarious on the face of it.

Let's say he's right. How many were clamoring for Patterson to shut out the BMDs when they wanted Mack to stay? This is ridiculous.

I'm out.