Find results in...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beating cancer twice shows your strength and resilience. You see the bigger picture. Keep doing what you do McPhaul. Thanks and Hook'em to a new era of UT football.

Thanks for sharing a little perspective McPhaul, at the end of the day, just waking up is all that matters. Congrats on your fight!!

I have been reading both sides/sites and knew that someone was certainly going to end up being wrong in the end, but I was praying it wouldn't be McPhaul and SirHorns. You guys missed it and your sources were misinformed or just missed for whatever the reason. All insiders take licks like this and will be wrong on occasion. This was your time. I don't think any less of either of you as people because of this and will continue to visit and be a part of the family that all the admin of Hornsports has built. I'm here for the long haul.

Now, about Strong... He is certainly not the "big splash" that I was hoping for, but considering the other names that were floating around, like Mora and Franklin, I am pleased. I just hope we don't have to do this in 4 years.

Hook 'em!!!

Edited by alonghorn72

I want to say along with others how much I appreciate the site. I also am a member of OB and IT, and this place by far was the one I went to most during this process. McP, you guys are building something special here, and the sponsors will come.

Just a thought, and this is not meant to be harshly critical at all. When news was breaking last night, it would have been good if you were on the board more.

With that said, keep up the good work.

I have had sponsors quit on us tonight.

I have been cussed & dissed.

However, when I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to feel blessed by the sponsors like Phil and the good people like SF Girl that are here to build this community.

I have beat cancer twice so, this ain't nothing for high stepper like me.

Coach Strong has my support going forward.

Well...I'm still here..

Sometimes, you eat the bear. And sometimes, he eats you.

Chin up. This site has TOS bettered from a solid community standpoint all day long. It's only going to get better as time goes on.

Anyone who expects others to get it right every time hasn't paid attention much during their lives.

This site is unique because Darrell and others share info they receive whether it ends up playing out or changing. People getting mad because the sourced info doesn't pan out are hilarious.

As for Strong, we just upgraded our HC position dramatically. His Xs & Os acumen is massively better. Let's see what staff he assembles and how he finishes the 2014 class before dumping on him

Sometimes, you eat the bear. And sometimes, he eats you.

Chin up. This site has TOS bettered from a solid community standpoint all day long. It's only going to get better as time goes on.

Anyone who expects others to get it right every time hasn't paid attention much during their lives.

Couldn't have said it any better

Keep on truckin

Now who is our OC

Darrell you are just like a brother to me....but I have worked on this site just as hard as you have done, Just like staying up past my bedtime, going without SUPPER cause my wife was mad at me for being on HornSports all day and posting crazy and stupid stuff. So we need to be blood brothers.....I got a a cute little needle pocket knife we can use, come on over.

Hook'em my HornSports Family.

Darrell,

If you think you have some asho!es to deal with, just think what Charlie Strong is waking up to. He has to deal with a whole different level of people who feel they are entitled to what they believe they want. The problem is, they don't understand enough of the situation the understand their best option. Try suggesting an investment to someone based on your analysis and then having it drop as soon as you recommend it. When it comes to money, things are far worse than football. You have to believe in your methodology and when things don't happen, when the methodology is sound, be willing to stick with it regardless of the perceptions of others. In short - screw them. You want people who understand your methodology and respect you for the work you put in.

As for the sponsor, you want bad sponsors to drop out as soon as possible. Be thrilled you lost that sponsor. If they didn't leave, they would have remained in your daily life with the same entitled attitude. You need sponsors. You don't need toxic people.

Personally, I'm not sure how I feel about Charlie Strong. My concern was that Patterson would hire someone with the ability to deliver but was taking some a big step up that the demands of the Texas program would so overwhelm him that he simply wasn't able to give sufficient energies to coaching that he was able to deliver up to his potential.Who he brings in around him to relieve him of some of the burdens of running the program will be hugely important. I also believe that by developing a head coach will take time and energy from Patterson and his decision to replace Rick Barnes may well be delayed for a few years to prevent Bellmont from spinning off into total disarray.

Nu big upside comes without big risk. I'm glad we have moved on past mack brown. Time will tell whether Strong was the right hire or not.

Last night was a lot of work as a mod here, but overall we have a great deal of great and more mature posters than the ones that tried to stir up trouble. Big props to all of the community here who stayed classy. It wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the work you did last night. It was rough and I think there were people on just to stir things up. I know some that you were struggling with had been banned other places. Well done.

Addition by Subtraction. If someone got so upset about posting what you were hearing, and something else happened, it goes against the type of community you are trying to build here. Keep on keeping on Mcphaul and know that the majority of us are firmly behind you, and want this site to not only succeed but become the best one out there.

I have had sponsors quit on us tonight.

I have been cussed & dissed.

However, when I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to feel blessed by the sponsors like Phil and the good people like SF Girl that are here to build this community.

I have beat cancer twice so, this ain't nothing for high stepper like me.

Coach Strong has my support going forward.

Hey I noticed you didn't mention me in there.....Lol j/k. Thanks for all you do Darrell

Well, I think some of the flame comes from the way this site presented the information.

If Strong says 100% we will beat ou, and then lose, what do you think will happen?

The criticism of Mack entwined in the predictions was personal opinions mixed with other things. And, when the original prediction did not come to fruition, the blame was put not on the writer or the source, but Mack.

After that, there was still the prediction that Saban was coming, and the very strong implication it was a done deal.

Didn't happen.

When you do something very strongly, and it's incorrect, you'll get beat up for it.

Blogs have the tendency to be very mean spirited towards coaches and players when the fans get mad. If the writers of the blogs are critical of coaches and players, often in a very condescending and sarcastic manner (See Scipio tex and company), I think it's fair game to get their asses chewed too.

Same goes for posters. If you say condescending and mean spirited things (read any board during a game we have lost, or even while the game is still being played) you'll know what I mean. If you can dish it out, you have to be able to take it, and not wonder why.

MP, as you can see many here love what you and Horn Sports bring. Hang in there and let the BS fall on deaf ears.

This is one of the reasons I try to tell people not to bash information whether it is from you, Chip, JS, or others. In this business there are going to be hits and misses.

Well, I think some of the flame comes from the way this site presented the information.

The criticism of Mack entwined in the predictions was personal opinions mixed with other things. And, when the original prediction did not come to fruition, the blame was put not on the writer or the source, but Mack.

Blogs have the tendency to be very mean spirited towards coaches and players when the fans get mad. If the writers of the blogs are critical of coaches and players, often in a very condescending and sarcastic manner (See Scipio tex and company), I think it's fair game to get their asses chewed too.

Same goes for posters. If you say condescending and mean spirited things (read any board during a game we have lost, or even while the game is still being played) you'll know what I mean. If you can dish it out, you have to be able to take it, and not wonder why.

Solid first post...a lot of truth. It was time for Mack to go, but the vitriol was excessive the last several weeks in the quest for Nick Saban. I don't really care what Sally wore to the Alamo Bowl. (I'm more appalled that Case threw more yds and TDs to their guys than ours.)