Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guys, live in a fan base that loves to eat each other when things go wrong, don't let this bring you down or effect the site.

Sure, you got this wrong, but so did many others. The "little" guy never gets the credit, but always hits the hardest when wrong.

You've all built a great thing here and a solid site to allow this to break that. Head up and embrace change.

WVU will be in Austin soon enough to go 2-0 in town.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beating cancer twice shows your strength and resilience. You see the bigger picture. Keep doing what you do McPhaul. Thanks and Hook'em to a new era of UT football.

I have had sponsors quit on us tonight.

I have been cussed & dissed.

However, when I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to feel blessed by the sponsors like Phil and the good people like SF Girl that are here to build this community.

I have beat cancer twice so, this ain't nothing for high stepper like me.

Coach Strong has my support going forward.

Beating cancer twice shows your strength and resilience. You see the bigger picture. Keep doing what you do McPhaul. Thanks and Hook'em to a new era of UT football.

I have had sponsors quit on us tonight.

I have been cussed & dissed.

However, when I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to feel blessed by the sponsors like Phil and the good people like SF Girl that are here to build this community.

I have beat cancer twice so, this ain't nothing for high stepper like me.

Coach Strong has my support going forward.

What else can you ask of a man! Stay blessed and thank you. Im glad Texas has a black coach for the 1st time in its history and I hope that he succeeds. Now I hope that these egos can some how learned to be managed and allow Texas to be the great institution it has always strived to be and teach. Texas has not always practiced what it hasbsteived to be.

You did the best you can, its enough.

I like your site and think you have built a nice start. I think perhaps your went a little overboard on Saban and claiming that you had the best sources, but appreciate the effort.

Btw I think using your sources to get the scoop on what really happend during the hiring process and what was said by Saban, Harbaugh, etc. would be very value added.

Thx again

Charlie Strong was not my 1st, 2nd, nor 3rd choice. But Texas is my team, and now Coach Strong is our coach. I am behind our team and our new coach 100%

I'm truly sorry you lost any support over this, McPhaul. I can't understand why people can hold it against you for working hard and putting out the best information you have access to. That is all we ever ask. Please never stop doing that. I really appreciate all you do to make this place all that it is.

As Ellie said above, " Kind and encouraging beats the hell out of abusive and demeaning." You foster that atmosphere here and I really appreciate it. I feel like I have found a home here.

I like your site and think you have built a nice start. I think perhaps your went a little overboard on Saban and claiming that you had the best sources, but appreciate the effort.

Btw I think using your sources to get the scoop on what really happend during the hiring process and what was said by Saban, Harbaugh, etc. would be very value added.

Thx again

Harbaugh, Gruden, and Fisher never got serious looks. Patterson liked Strong from the get go and Saban backed too far away to jump back in after Mackmania.

It appears the days of throwing money at Texas football and wanting your opinion to be heard because of it is over. Patterson is a pro and this hire is his alone and tied to his hip going forward. He left himself no out and also no excuses... that's what people who are very good at their job do, but he also set a boundary moving forward IMO.

Don't sweat it. Well, losing a sponsor always hurts, but that is part of the business.

Unfortunately many people want absolutes in a fluid, ever-changing world. You guys pass along what you hear and what you get is people who take it as gospel.

The people who are/were just here for news and/or information are just one type of visitors. Nothing wrong with them at all. However there is a sub-set of that group that is very fickle. They get over-anxious over ever peice of information and if they feel that they been lead astray the they are quick to anger.

For me and many others, we are here for the community as well as the information. Me personally the community is very important. This site has become a bit hostile these last several days, but no where near TOS.

We simply cleaned up the community. Unfortunately we lost a sponsors well. That hurts. We will get another. He'll if my consulting firm had any kind of budget I would sign up for it. Instead I offer my time helping on the server.

Stay strong team!

Can't see any reason at all that you should be cussed, dissed or dropped by anyone. You gave everyone who visited HS exactly what we asked for: information and your opinion. I've enjoyed getting to take a peek behind the curtain at what really goes on in a high profile coaching search and appreciate your willingness to share and the time/effort you put in. Blaming you for Saban, Fischer or Harbaugh turning down the job is like blaming the weatherman for the weather; it doesn't matter how much information/resources he has, it's either going to rain or it isn't and there's nothing that he can do to control or influence that. Someone was going to get the job and, thanks to you, we all had an idea of who the candidates were to be that someone. It sucks to know that we got taken on the Saban ride twice but anyone who's paid any attention to his career at all should know that he's somewhat unpredictable when it comes to employment.

You've been a class act throughout this process and your efforts are appreciated. If the hiring of Charlie Strong really is your fault then thank you, he's a great choice!

Here is my thing. I work here. I dont moderate, dont make business decisions, things like that. I just write and contribute. Last guy from the "old" group to still be here. I know where this place has been. I think I know where its going. Good stuff.

I dont think its a huge gut punch. There are several people all across the landscape right now taking the same licks. I saw a post on TOS from some guy crying he had been banned here and flaming up how great Chip Brown is and how all we do is belittle him here. Absolute lies. Chip has his "fans" everywhere. I like the guy, I like what he does. With that said, he was wrong big time once too. Who gives a crap? Thats part of it.

Lots of angry people out there tonight who need someone to bash because they rabble rabble rabble have to blame someone rabble rabble

Later today we might finally get a great new head coach, and we get to talk recruiting, Xs and Os, and all the great things that are sports again. I think thats pretty cool.

Haters gonna hate.

McPhaul - i the appreciate the information that you give us

what i respect a lot is that you are right there in the front line when you are wrong and do not make any excuses about the same

look forward to many more posts from you and others on this board who provide us with info about our program

McPhaul,

This is a good opportunity to see where your true friends are. I wouldn't want to associate with people that will cuss you or a sponsor who will quit.

There is a difference between having varying opinions and those that are mean spirited about it. Take this as a chance to cull the mean spirited people off this board. The rest of us will be grateful, otherwise this will turn into OB part II.

You gave us the info that you were hearing. That's what people want. I can't understand them blaming you if things change. These people are petty, spiteful and mean spirited if they who turn on you and other posters on this board. You can never reason with them or convert them so please let them go somewhere else.

Sometimes people get it right. Sometimes people get it wrong. It's the people who get it wrong and come back that I want to be associated with. Not the people who are only here when things are going good.

I went to sleep early when it was going down that Strong was our guy. I wasn't excited and didn't want to let negative emotions come out. However after thinking about it, my thoughts are a lot different.

First, I'm glad we got a defensive guy. And not just any defensive guy. One of the best defensive guys in the nation. A guy who's basically Bob Stoops as an assistant (or better) but has head coaching experience. If he can get our defense playing at the level that he had those Florida defenses going we will all be happy. Remember back in 2008 when muschamp's defense gave up 35 to the highest scoring offense in history at OU? Strongs outfit at Florida played that same squad and shut them down to 14 points.

Second, despite being a defensive guy, he's a spread offense guy. He's not a guy who's going to rely on his defense and have an offense grind it out and control the clock. He wants his offense to attack and score. Very similar to what that Stoops guy has done at OU. That's very good IMO. Also, he's not going to meddle in the offense. Whoever is hired as the OC is going to be able to do what he wants. That will make the job super attractive.

I'm going to wait and see what kind of assistants that Strong hires before making a decision. If he brings in his staff from Louisville consider me underwhelmed. If he brings in top assistants from around the country and state I'll be excited. The culture and the defense are going to be tough and hard nosed with Strong. Polar opposite of what it has been with Mack. That is a good start. Now let's go get the all star staff that he's promising and get to work.

It is what it is. The reality is that no matter how close someone feels their source is, the circle of trust is probably smaller.

Speculation is for fun and I don't get why people get so upset about these things. It's fun to talk about what may happen or may not.

Sorry you got so much crap from people.

While Strong wasn't my first choice (as if it matters), I'm excited about this hire and the potential.

Darrell, sponsors will come and go and if they cant see that this site is different then it is best they take their dollars elsewhere. All will work out in the end. this was a tough situation for a flegling site to deal with and it did it with class.

glad to be here and in for the long haul. Keep swinging for the fences.....