Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have had sponsors quit on us tonight.

I have been cussed & dissed.

However, when I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to feel blessed by the sponsors like Phil and the good people like SF Girl that are here to build this community.

I have beat cancer twice so, this ain't nothing for high stepper like me.

Coach Strong has my support going forward.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beating cancer twice shows your strength and resilience. You see the bigger picture. Keep doing what you do McPhaul. Thanks and Hook'em to a new era of UT football.

McPhaul keep on keeping on brother. At the end of the day it's football, I love it, played it, follow it, but you can't swear by it. Life goes on, I enjoy the content of this site, you guys do a wonderful job of allowing a voice for people that love the program. Congrats to you, and everyone else on that accomplishment.

Hook'em

The last two days or so this board was full of combative poster that wanted nothing but to fight about everything they disagreed with. Don't sweat it McP, most of us appreciate the time you took to keep us informed of the latest info you were hearing. While I am disappointed that we didn't land Saban and still have reservation about Strong, I couldn't be happier that I stumbled upon Hornsports a few weeks ago and met you guys. Here's looking forward to a successful 2014 football season! Hook 'Em!

Wow...just wow. People are taking this way too personally and Coach Strong hasn't even been officially hired yet. Sorry to hear people are acting like that McP.

No,no,no I expected some of it. I didn't expect a sponsor to quit. I'm disappointed too but, tomorrow is a new day. I remember 16 yrs ago when we all upset with Mack getting the nod. Let's rally behind Patterson & Strong and usher in an new era.

Must not be very worthwhile businesses to pull out because of the hiring of a coach. Good riddance in my opinion. The truth is all the insiders were sharing what they were hearing. We were turned down because Mack dragged his feet too long. Okay. So we move on and hire the next best available coach. Pete Carroll was the 5th choice at USC. We will be fine. Strong is a hell of a coach

People can't beg you for unfiltered info in one breath then expect to dog you in the next if the reports aren't clean... Good riddance, I say. NS was considering coming to Texas, I heard enough talk to know that was true. But whatever happened, he obviously wasn't prepared to make the jump. You reported he had an offer and a timeline, then BOOM- deadline looms and word leaks of another hire. And you weren't alone in relaying those reports.

If people don't find any value in advertising here, they're fools. I've already made a note to cancel my OB subscription. Maybe I'll advertise Slutburbia on HornSports as a show of solidarity. People can like football and sexy soap opera erotica, right?!

Cancer blows, keep your chin up and HOOK EM!

People need to tap the brakes and get on the CS bandwagon until there's a reason to jump. Venting at Hornsports and credible posters like you and SHA ain't gonna change anything. Interesting tips are what have attracted a lot of newbies. I guarantee a number of highly placed BMDs and insiders didn't see this train coming until they heard the splat. As long as tips are factual and sources are real I'll continue to follow with eyes and ears wide open and filter firmly in place. Hook 'em.

As many have said already...you did what you said you were going to do...pass-along unfiltered info and people could do what they wanted with it. So you were wrong about Saban...like someone earlier said...no one had the ability to get into his head.

I'm sure many BMDs felt there was no way he would turn down the deal on the table. Well he did and I understand it. He got a nice raise and even to a crusty ol' man like Saban, I think his reputation still means a lot to him and to basically "lie" again and catch the wrath just wasn't worth it at this stage of his life.

Keep on doing what you are doing...I appreciate the site very much.

For the record, Green Thumb wasn't the sponsor that quit. We support Darrell, Aaron, Mike and the whole team rain or shine.

GT will be investing in this site via advertising over the coming year. We expect to get outstanding results because of the type of community this is and will continue to be. I'm convinced the team here places a high priority on that. This isn't just about a recruiting report or a tidbit on the football team, but real people who want this to be a place you can feel at home, can feel welcome. Just like Norm walking into Cheers. NORM!

I look forward to what lies ahead in 2014, be it hoops and march madness, the Disch, or the season opener for the Charlie Strong-coached Longhorns. And I'll see it all unfold from my perch here at Horn Sports!

For the record, Green Thumb wasn't the sponsor that quit. We support Darrell, Aaron, Mike and the whole team rain or shine.

GT will be investing in this site via advertising over the coming year. We expect to get outstanding results because of the type of community this is and will continue to be. I'm convinced the team here places a high priority on that. This isn't just about a recruiting report or a tidbit on the football team, but real people who want this to be a place you can feel at home, can feel welcome. Just like Norm walking into Cheers. NORM!

I look forward to what lies ahead in 2014, be it hoops and march madness, the Disch, or the season opener for the Charlie Strong-coached Longhorns. And I'll see it all unfold from my perch here at Horn Sports!

Good post

I have had sponsors quit on us tonight.

I have been cussed & dissed.

However, when I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to feel blessed by the sponsors like Phil and the good people like SF Girl that are here to build this community.

I have beat cancer twice so, this ain't nothing for high stepper like me.

Coach Strong has my support going forward.

I have no problem with you or this site. You gave us what you had & you have been fair to all of us & even the other sites. I like it over here. I don't like all the aggressive behavior on other sites. Don't worry about the haters.