Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The I Told You So Thread

whatthewhat

Again, I apologize to anyone upset with me. I feel really bad but know that I posted what I was hearing. Saban gave us an unexpected no. That sucks. I'm as disappointed as you are.

But Charlie Strong may prove to be a genius hire. We won't know until we get down the road a little. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until then.

Hook'em!!!

SHA-

No apologies necessary. That's silly. We are all adults. Or, most of us anyway.

I would like to see, at some point in the future, an accounting of what really happened, behind the scenes.

Because there are parts of this story that do not make sense.

Again, I apologize to anyone upset with me. I feel bad and but know that I posted what I was hearing. Saban gave us an unexpected no. That sucks. I'm as disappointed as you are.

But Charlie Strong may prove to be a genius hire. We won't know until we get down the road a little. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until then.

Hook'em!!!

No need to apologize SHL. We know you were only relaying the message you were given. I just hope my gut feeling is wrong about Coach Strong and we do not have to go through this again in 3 or 4 years.

Also sha no reason to apologize. You just reported what you were told. That's all we can do here. Someone had to be wrong. But glad we all reported and didn't hide behind anything or wait till it was in the news like other sites. Plus we didn't attack each other over clashing reports.

Can I get a little rep power lol. I kid about that but my people were adamant about strong and it has come to happen. I know there will be some divided bmd's but so be it. He will get a great staff and hopefully do great things here. Thanks and hook'em

I hit your power rating, you earned it. I tip my hat to you!

Maybe not. Strong could have been the guy all along.

Is Strong your idea of a Tier 1 coach?

I am asking seriously. Just curious - I thought that the plan was to swing for the fences... maybe that is swinging for the fences...

I would be afraid of Sumlin vs Strong recruiting in these parts. Sumlin has been in Tx and OK since 2001. Strong in a living room vs Sumlin to get a 5 star - well, that would be interesting...

Start losing soon, and a death spiral may occur that would be devastating. That would be my concern.

Saban or Harbaugh would have caused many a sleepless nights for the opponents of UT.

Edited by irishfred

People are looking at this the wrong way. There are a lot of people sayi g coaches turned us down. My opinion of this is that it is just coach speak. I said in another thread that is should actually be a coachi g search vs hiring a big name. You had to look for a person that fits you institution not change your institution to fit the person. Maybe Strong blew the interview out of the water and he is the right guy in Patterson's mind. The "I'm happy to be the coach at...." Is just a way to say UT decided to hire someone else.

Again, I apologize to anyone upset with me. I feel really bad but know that I posted what I was hearing. Saban gave us an unexpected no. That sucks. I'm as disappointed as you are.

Hook'em!!!

Come on man. Do you realize how much fun we've had for over a month.

One question: What are we going tondo with all of our extra time?

Is Strong your idea of a Tier 1 coach?

I am asking seriously. Just curious - I thought that the plan was to swing for the fences...

I would be afraid of Sumlin vs Strong recruiting in these parts. Sumlin has been in Tx and OK since 2001. Strong in a living room vs Sumlin to get a 5 star - well, that would be interesting...

Start losing soon, and a death spiral may occur that would be devastating. That would be my concern.

What made Fisher, Malzahn or Briles tier 1 coaches? Serious question