Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

5 years, 5 million per year for Strong

ThreeKings

I honestly do not mean this to be combative' date=' but why is this a great hire, and relative to whom?[/quote']

I think it comes down to personal preference. I for one am excited for Strong to come. Is he a big name such as Saban or Fisher? Of course not. But from everything I've heard he was chomping at the bit to become our coach, has done a great job for the cardinals, including a big BCS win over an SEC team, and that is about all I'm going off of. However, I am very excited to have his defensive mind.

LOL

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Charlie Strong spent the 1985 season as a graduate assistant at Texas A&M...call it off!! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23HookEm&src=hash">#HookEm</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TexasStrong&src=hash">#TexasStrong</a></p>— Spenser Walters (@SpenserWalters) <a href="

">January 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>No organization on this planet can take a bad situation and make it worse like Texas Football. A horrible hire. A tragic day.</p>— Tuxedo Yoda (@TuxedoYoda) <a href="https://twitter.com/TuxedoYoda/statuses/419335664380149760">January 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is not a hire that will immediately change recruiting momentum. Maybe he will get more out of the players we currently have, which about 50 candidates out there would do. I feel a bit let down at the moment if this is true. Obviously will hope like hell it is the greatest hire ever. But less than convinced this was the best we could do. He has accomplished less than Briles. Hasn't won a conf championship in a weak conference. I don't give a crap about him not being a good interview, but why would we pay him top 10 coach money for his current résumé?

This is not a hire that will immediately change recruiting momentum. Maybe he will get more out of the players we currently have, which about 50 candidates out there would do. I feel a bit let down at the moment if this is true. Obviously will hope like hell it is the greatest hire ever. But less than convinced this was the best we could do. He has accomplished less than Briles. Hasn't won a conf championship in a weak conference. I don't give a crap about him not being a good interview, but why would we pay him top 10 coach money for his current résumé?

Yep. Patterson is rolling the dice. He is taking a huge chance with his career and reputation. I mean -- WOW. What a gamble.

I fail to see how you can make a somewhat rash decision without first interviewing all the interested parties. To the extent he could have but did not give John Harbaugh, Jimbo Fisher, Gus Malzahn and possibly Urban Meyer the chance to interview is a staggering lack of due diligence. If what I have just speculated to turns out to be accurate, to be factual, then he may have breached his contract and be subject to early termination. And I don't like suggesting that as I like Steve Patterson.

And now on SI.com. This looks like a done deal. Just a great hire by Patterson if true.

This is a bs hire by Patterson if this is the true. This hire will fracture the fan base because most have wanted a homerun like Saban, Fisher, or John Harbaugh and we have the money to make that happen. I just can't fathom that Patterson would align himself with a second tier hire and expect to be around for years to come.

Yep. Patterson is rolling the dice. He is taking a huge chance with his career and reputation. I mean -- WOW. What a gamble.

I fail to see how you can make a somewhat rash decision without first interviewing all the interested parties. To the extent he could have but did not give John Harbaugh, Jimbo Fisher, Gus Malzahn and possibly Urban Meyer the chance to interview is a staggering lack of due diligence. If what I have just speculated to turns out to be accurate, to be factual, then he may have breached his contract and be subject to early termination. And I don't like suggesting that as I like Steve Patterson.

We don't have the facts regarding the search. Those candidates may well have been contacted and said no. Let's give this a chance before announcing this a failure. He may turn out great for us, time will tell, then we can judge the hire