Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Very interesting

MBHORNSFAN

Chipper's coaches of the hour are Fisher/Malzahn now.

Quoting Pat Forde ---

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/texas-job-rumors-persist-as-jimbo-fisher--gus-malzahn-prepare-for-bcs-title-game-233710709.html

But we have to ask: Is Fisher going to Texas?

Or how about Auburn's Gus Malzahn?

If Strong were the top candidate, he probably would be standing behind a podium flashing hook'em horns at everyone by now. The Cardinals' season ended Dec. 28.

(Strong would, in fact, be the absolute worst fit for the job anyway. He is the anti-Mack Brown, completely averse to extensive interaction with media and boosters. Strong is from the Greta Garbo school – he wants to be left alone. That wouldn't fly at Longhorn Network University. If he's hired, you're free to wonder whether the people involved with the search asked the right questions and got the right answers.)

In terms of track record, résumé and job fit, Fisher is probably the top remaining candidate for Texas, especially if he's hoisting the crystal football into the air late Monday night.

Don't you think it's possible this deal has been done and Saban is just waiting for a press conf on Jan 6th. Patterson has to go through the motions. It's interesting how ESPN is talking about all the candidates saying no thank you. Not a surprise, a bit frustrating but we'll see who has the last laugh! Hook Em

Candidates are reported to be turning us down. What are they turning down? I don't think there have been any offers, so it's not that. Declined interviews, yes, I guess.

This is accurate. I think the bigger issue here is that the perception from the general public is that guys like Mora and Briles were offered the gig and turned it down. Not certain that I like that perception, but hopefully it will be put to rest once a HC is announced and it's clearly a better option than Mora or Briles.

Don't you think it's possible this deal has been done and Saban is just waiting for a press conf on Jan 6th. Patterson has to go through the motions. It's interesting how ESPN is talking about all the candidates saying no thank you. Not a surprise, a bit frustrating but we'll see who has the last laugh! Hook Em

I like that. Kinda like Saban flipping Auburn off by taking the moment in the sun and to send Stoops a message see you in Dallas

This is accurate. I think the bigger issue here is that the perception from the general public is that guys like Mora and Briles were offered the gig and turned it down. Not certain that I like that perception, but hopefully it will be put to rest once a HC is announced and it's clearly a better option than Mora or Briles.

If its not a bigger name than Mora/Briles than Belmont will need to do some serious PR work, unlike what they did when Aggie spread a bunch of lies and left.

Either way, at some point it needs to come out that Morn and Briles clearly did not sniff an offer.

I'll give Forde some leeway here......he lives in Louisville so he's got some insight on what makes Charlie Strong tick. That being said, isn't that what we all want....the Anti-Mack Brown?

I think the sole function he refers to as "Anti-Mack" is the heavy media duties required by LHN.

Apparently Strong is not as accessible or media friendly as Brown was.

I dont see that he is talking about coaching, recruiting, hiring assistants, game management/planning and so on.

I think the sole function he refers to as "Anti-Mack" is the heavy media duties required by LHN.

Apparently Strong is not as accessible or media friendly as Brown was.

I dont see that he is talking about coaching, recruiting, hiring assistants, game management/planning and so on.

Ok, fair enough. Mack didn't really like doing that crap either, or so we have been led to believe. Strong May not be media friendly, but then again neither is Saban.