Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Exciting phone call (not search related)

Sirhornsalot

Just took a call from the HC at Navarro JC in Corsicana. He called to inquire about my son and wanting to set up a visit. He's seen his video and likes what he sees and indicated he was going to offer my son a scholarship. He's spoken with Lewisville's HC who gave my son a glowing report.

My son, Brandon, is working on one of my landscaping crews and hasn't returned home from work. His phone ran out of power so I haven't been able to tell him about the call.

He's been told he will get an offer from McMurry, but we haven't heard from them in a few weeks. So this call was timely and the coach is wanting to meet Brandon in person Monday.

I can't wait to tell him when he gets home.

Just took a call from the HC at Navarro JC in Corsicana. He called to inquire about my son and wanting to set up a visit. He's seen his video and likes what he sees and indicated he was going to offer my son a scholarship. He's spoken with Lewisville's HC who gave my son a glowing report.

My son, Brandon, is working on one of my landscaping crews and hasn't returned home from work. His phone ran out of power so I haven't been able to tell him about the call.

He's been told he will get an offer from McMurry, but we haven't heard from them in a few weeks. So this call was timely and the coach is wanting to meet Brandon in person Monday.

That's great Sirhornsalot. I am the SID at Trinity Valley Community College, in the same conference as Navarro. We beat them twice this year, including the conference title game. If it doesn't work out with them, send me a private message and I can put you in contact with our coach.

Whoa.. I really Like Whoa Dill..the baseball coach at Navarro!! Great Guy..worked under Skip...

Oh wait are we talking about baseball??

Congrats SHL!!! Awesome! How does recruiting feel like from a parent's perspective?

It's certainly different than when I played back in 80-81-82. The process was very laid back then and done much by word of coaches' mouths. I ended up being recruited by one school after they saw film that one of my team mates had taken to them when he visited their school.

Now, they have this "hudl" thing (whisenant, yes, we have that) which is a website that hosts game video and player info and such. Then there's the NCAA website which we had to register with and pay a fee.

Two weeks ago a school in Cleveland, Ohio came in and visited with Brandon at the high school. They want him to come up there to visit, said they'll offer him. It took me 10 minutes to realize he wasn't joking when he told me about it. I just told him how cold it gets up there and he hasn't said much about them since.

I appreciated the fact that the coach (Navarro) called me and asked for permission to call Brandon's cell. That was nice of him. So far, all the coaches we've spoken with have been super nice people. It's amazing how many of them know each other.

I'm enjoying it because I see Brandon enjoying it. He's not the five star kid who thinks he's it, he's very humble about all this and I'm proud of how he's handling it.

Thanks for sharing in my excitement, everyone.

Congrats!!! Didn't realize you had a son playing football. We were over there at the beginning of the season when Plano played Lewisville. Had I known, I would have paid more attention.

I was at that game. He played OG and was our deep snapper on punts, FGs and PATs. Of course, we didn't score much that night.

Did you notice how our announcer updates the crowd on the Hutto Hippos score? He's done that every home game for three years, at least 5 times a game. The whole crowd is like "WTH?" Hutto is at least 3.5 hrs away.

It's certainly different than when I played back in 80-81-82. The process was very laid back then and done much by word of coaches' mouths. I ended up being recruited by one school after they saw film that one of my team mates had taken to them when he visited their school.

Now, they have this "hudl" thing (whisenant, yes, we have that) which is a website that hosts game video and player info and such. Then there's the NCAA website which we had to register with and pay a fee.

Two weeks ago a school in Cleveland, Ohio came in and visited with Brandon at the high school. They want him to come up there to visit, said they'll offer him. It took me 10 minutes to realize he wasn't joking when he told me about it. I just told him how cold it gets up there and he hasn't said much about them since.

I appreciated the fact that the coach (Navarro) called me and asked for permission to call Brandon's cell. That was nice of him. So far, all the coaches we've spoken with have been super nice people. It's amazing how many of them know each other.

I'm enjoying it because I see Brandon enjoying it. He's not the five star kid who thinks he's it, he's very humble about all this and I'm proud of how he's handling it.

Thanks for sharing in my excitement, everyone.

Enjoy the ride!!!

Congrats on the news.

My son plays OT and DT, and we are just beginning the process (he's a junior). He was waffling between football and baseball, then he was unanimous selection on his all-conference team this football season. We are somewhat limited where he can play (Div III, maybe Div II) because of his size. If we can find a situation that's flexible, he might walk-on for baseball.

How big is your son?