Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Charlie Strong

I for one wouldn't keep a good coach who desires the job and who is willing to fight for it waiting for guys that need to be sold on it. Do you guys want half asssed efforts or what? Texas should not beg for greatness, it should demand it. Strong is full of fire and desire. There is your man. Don't miss out on him damn it.

Unlike Art Briles, Charlie Strong does not mind that he is a contingency plan. Strong wants the job anyway.

Charlie has taken his pitch to the next level. Strong is promising to bring on what on the most talented staffs ever assembled.

Strong understands that there 2, possibly three in front of him. That is not stopping him from fighting for the job.

If true, he just moved up a mile in my book. Is this in anyway related to Ed Orgeron?

I recently joined this site, and spent most of the time reading for updates, with a couple of posts. At this point, I don't want Saban. If we are spending all this time and effort trying to convince a guy to come to the university, then I don't want him. I want someone that wants to come to UT and is fired up to do so. McP's reports about Strong make me like the guy even more. Despite being behind 2 or 3 candidates, he keeps pursuing and fighting for the job. The man wants the job, and is willing to set aside his ego in order to remain in consideration. If SP is going to spend the time and effort on a long shot, don't spend it on Saban. I'd rather he use that time on the Harbaugh boys, whom I would take over Saban any day.

One more thing.... The man is hungry. Do not discount that.

A guy with something to prove with an edge is what is needed.

I have been saying what I want to see is someone wanting the job bad enough to go after it. Really want it. Appreciate it. Make it a mission to take it and run with it. Relentlessly. Proudly. Fervently.

Truly, if we are The University of Texas, why do we need to convince or wait on NS when we obviously have a Strong contender WANTING to come here. With thoughts of a very well qualified OC and DC, let's have the announcement now. Stoops is probably politicking for Saban after yesterday's beat down.

please stop the saban nonsense. we don't want him. if he can't beat ou with that roster, God help him with our roster. he is a great coach, but he's right at the cusp where the game is starting to pass him by. He's 1-1 vs. aggie despite a HUGE talent advantage. aggie had no trouble moving the ball at will vs his and smart's defense. ou likewise boat raced that defense. stop with this idolization of this little control freak. he's a terrible fit for Texas and not the best coach to come into the big xii. and most importantly, he's not under consideration despite what's said on this message board

Strong has a lot going for him. We could do worse.

Elite defensive mind who has shut down spread teams when he's played them

Good recruiter given what he has to sell at UL. Being at UT helps him and it's a little scary to think how good his defense could be filled with elite talent

His biggest weakness that I see is that his offense has been subpar at UL even given elite QB play and he hasn't been in this kind of spotlight before. However, since he's not an offensive guy by training, I think he'd be more willing to allow the hire of an independent high profile offensive coordinator (put in current spread flavor of the month). I think recruiting deficifiencies can be addressed by going out and getting guys like Orgeron, Brewster, and keeping Major (as rb coach but not as OC). That's a trio of guys that with the Texas brand insures that you're getting elite level talent every year.

I think his ceiling is lower then a guy like Fisher or Malzahn but his floor is much higher then someone like Mora/Franklin. A solid B caliber coach with the ability to harness Texas's resources to an A+ product.

please stop the saban nonsense. we don't want him. if he can't beat ou with that roster, God help him with our roster. he is a great coach, but he's right at the cusp where the game is starting to pass him by. He's 1-1 vs. aggie despite a HUGE talent advantage. aggie had no trouble moving the ball at will vs his and smart's defense. ou likewise boat raced that defense. stop with this idolization of this little control freak. he's a terrible fit for Texas and not the best coach to come into the big xii. and most importantly, he's not under consideration despite what's said on this message board

Thanks alphahorn. I can rest easy now that I know that you know who is under consideration and that you believe the most accomplished coaching during the BCS era isn't worthy of coming to Texas.

Unlike Art Briles, Charlie Strong does not mind that he is a contingency plan. Strong wants the job anyway.

Charlie has taken his pitch to the next level. Strong is promising to bring on what on the most talented staffs ever assembled.

Strong understands that there 2, possibly three in front of him. That is not stopping him from fighting for the job.

All of this sounds great. Tremendous even.

But a pretty huge risk by Patterson to hitch his wagon to him like this.

When there were other options.

I'm a big fan of Strong and hope he gets the job, even over Saban. I want someone who wants to prove himself and put his stamp on football. Saban is a fantastic coach but he's done it all and maybe isn't as driven as he once was.

Plus, we need someone who can beat Stoops :P