Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Site Note

Last night I was informed that our friends on OB's are upset concerning their pay information being posted on this site. Needless to say this needs to cease. Talking about another reporters information is one thing but, posting it word for word is another.

The other issue I want to stress is that this site is being established as a friendly community. It is important to me that we remain friendly with TOS. I have been told that we are not treated kindly on TOS but, that is not my concern. My only concern is how we conduct ourselves on this site.

Please help me out by maintaining a positive atmosphere on Hornsports.

Thanks,

Darrell

Last night I was informed that our friends on OB's are upset concerning their pay information being posted on this site. Needless to say this needs to cease. Talking about another reporters information is one thing but, posting it word for word is another.

The other issue I want to stress is that this site is being established as a friendly community. It is important to me that we remain friendly with TOS. I have been told that we are not treated kindly on TOS but, that is not my concern. My only concern is how we conduct ourselves on this site.

Thanks,

Darrell

This has been my point all along. Let our star shine and stop mentioning all the garbage with them unless they release quality info that needs to be shared.

Agreed!

It is one thing to post that so and so posted X over on TOS and provide a link, but we should be the better person/site and not get into the whole taking information behind the pay wall and posting it here. Also, and I say thins with a lot of experience in the matter, even though it may seem harmless to post a complete article that is made available for free on another site, it is actually damaging and infringement. They rely on traffic for sponsorship. They need those hits or the money that they can make off of it goes down. Not to mention it is copyright infringement, even if there is not copyright mark. I have seen sites sued for this very thing and when there is a nasty little site war going on, you don't want to give them any ammunition.

Many of us are members of more than one site. In many cases, not only do we give our money to those sites, we are active members of those communities. The bickering about "TOS" everywhere is getting tiresome. It's not just on HS, but as McPhaul said, let's maintain a positive atmosphere on this site.

To put it simply, how would you like it if you were in your current town and folks went around bashing the town where you are from? It doesn't paint the members of your current town in a very good light.

Edited by bbdude

I see absolutely nothing wrong with paraphrasing. It can't be stopped anyway. I do agree that paste and copy is not right. People pay to join that site and you are comprising them and the site by copying. At the very least it's just lazy and at the worst it's chicken s**t.

Many of us are members of more than one site. In many cases, not only do we give our money to those sites, we are active members of those communities. The bickering about "TOS" everywhere is getting tiresome. It's not just on HS, but as McPhaul said, let's maintain a positive atmosphere on this site.

To put it simply, how would you like it if you were in your current town and folks went around bashing the town where you are from? It doesn't paint the members of your current town in a very good light.

Very well stated! I am also a member of multiple sites as well. The pissing match between sites is getting old. Like McPhaul said let's keep things positive.

Edited by bbdude

Paste and copy.....I am safe,do not know how. Now with Garbage I take out every 3 days....there is only 2 of us in this house. As far as talking about other sites...I do not do that either or "or". If I did I do not remember.

Sounds like I am an old guy trying to have some fun after working having fun.

Is he referring to Nuufaola's post? That was all that was posted yesterday that I remember. Is he claiming poster info as OB property? It would seem that would not be something their resources uncovered unless it was one of their fake user names in which case I don't see how that could be argued as theirs either. Im a 10+ year member and love the site (lurk mostly) but the attitudes over there by posters has gotten old and taken on a sophomoric tone. (reporting is great though)

Ketch referred to the current landscape changing that was keeping them from sharing info. I am wondering if they were told by Patterson regime to get in line at least until the hire was over. WOuld be interesting if so.

Thanks,

Darrell

You know it always takes awhile for the New Kid on the block to be accepted....Just keep doing on what you are doing!1

I will just say this. In the heat of the OB / IT battle, Ketch very smugly and arrogantly said there is not copyright on news and that he didn't care if IT stuff was posted or used on his site. He was basically kicking dirt in the IT guys' face.

I do not respect that guy. Chip and Jason seem like nice guys but Ketch is a low life with very little integrity.

This exactly what is not going be tolerated on this site. Between this and you calling one of our respected members and idiot yesterday, you may to rethink whether this is the site for you?

yes it was about the Nuufaola post

Ok so poster info is also off limits? or Nuuf is a cover for them to spread information under cover? Sharing poster info is like sharing an LSUFreek gif and someone getting pissed about it. If its a post from a Mod I get it. Am I wrong here?

That right there is why, as an OB subscriber for over 12 years, I have grown to prefer this site. I'm just so put out with how they treat the other sites and other sources of information. All of the sites are good and have their place in this market.

They are just protecting their interests. It was not that long ago the University of Texas made us change our name. They were protecting their interests as well..