Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cleveland Plain Dealer: Stoops Might Have Inside Track For the Cleveland Browns' Job

primal defense

Don't see this happening. Cleveland cant afford to screw up another coaching search with an untested coach. Stoops have 0 pro experience as a HC or Coordinator. Considering they are on their 3rd coach in the last 4 years, cant see them rolling the dice on stoops, Ohio connections and all.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bob Stoops just told crowd in Norman: "So much for the big bad wolf, right?"</p>— Bill Jones (@CBS11BillJones) <a href="

">January 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel will interview for <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Browns&src=hash">#Browns</a> head coach job within next few days,

per Joe Dunn of Akron's Fox Sports 1350</p>— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) <a href="

">January 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now the Cleveland Plain Dealer, one of the countries most trusted papers, is starting to rely on reports and sources? How come these papers aren't attacked the way they attack some sites? It's nothing more than pure speculation with no evidence other than, a guy told me?

In a million years, I will never believe Stoups would leave OU for Cleveland. He has a hell of a lot better options than the Browns.

In a million years, I will never believe Stoups would leave OU for Cleveland. He has a hell of a lot better options than the Browns.

Apparently at today's deal (referenced above) he could have denied this but did not.

And he is Youngstown guy.

Cant see it happening. They would pick Tressel before Stoops and I cant see that happening either. Neither have any NFL experience let alone HC experience. The Browns cant screw up another HC search. They will pick someone with a track record

Last year they wanted Chip Kelly, so their open to a college coach.

Last year they wanted Chip Kelly, so their open to a college coach.

But that was last year, before they screwed up, yet another coaching search. The franchise has been around 14 years. During that time they have had 8 coaches. They need someone who will produce, they cant afford to take a chance on an unknown this time. The only reason why Stoops is mentioned is because he is from NE Ohio and it plays well with the fans. Realistically, he is being dsmissed by the football people in the front office.

He has had a lot of chances over the years to move on and has dismissed all rumors pretty fast. We will find out if its for real soon. I just can't see him leaving after the way they beat Alabama the other night. He was the punch line to a lot of jokes last summer when he dismissed the might SEC as being great. I think he stays at OU just like he has after all the other rumors. I don't like the guy just in case anyone thought I had a man-crush on him and OU sux!!

But that was last year, before they screwed up, yet another coaching search. The franchise has been around 14 years. During that time they have had 8 coaches. They need someone who will produce, they cant afford to take a chance on an unknown this time. The only reason why Stoops is mentioned is because he is from NE Ohio and it plays well with the fans. Realistically, he is being dsmissed by the football people in the front office.

Agree with you, but one of the ESPN talking heads said they were still interested in college coaches. However, they also have an interest in Josh McDaniels. What can you say, they are the Cleveland Browns.