• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Major is done

Lastcall8

From the AAS:

Applewhite has made no plans

By Kirk Bohls

Texas offensive coordinator Major Applewhite told the American-Statesman that he has not resigned as has been speculated on the Internet recently and is simply waiting to see what options he might have.

"That's all nonsense," Applewhite said when asked if it was true he had stepped down from his position on former coach Mack Brown's staff. "It's not true. I'm just weighing my options right now."

Applewhite, a former Longhorn quarterback and assistant on Brown's staff who was elevated to offensive coordinator after Bryan Harsin resigned to take a job at Arkansas State a year ago, said he will be paid his salary through August. His base salary was $600,000, but he made more in incentives. Until then, he will remain in Austin and field any offers that might come his way.

Applewhite, 35, said he has not been offered any job yet.

No need to start a new thread.

Edited by PTA
clarification

• Administrators
jim is good people. He and i have had an exchange or 2. If you were in his situation, you would have done the same. He has his reasons and that is what makes him good in my book.

riloh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suchomel has direct contact to Major dating back to Lyles.

This is true. Got a call from Suchomel in the middle of the night a year or so ago. Suchomel remembered that I have a friend high up with Time Warner and Major's cable was out. I called my friend, told him Major had troubles with his cable and sent him his cell #.

This is true. Got a call from Suchomel in the middle of the night a year or so ago. Suchomel remembered that I have a friend high up with Time Warner and Major's cable was out. I called my friend, told him Major had troubles with his cable and sent him his cell #.

I'm a little beat today, but that's a joke right?

Just reporting what I was told. Maybe he hasn't but what I was told is he has.

Understood, and I encourage you and everyone else to continue sharing what they are hearing. This one I just happen to have very intimate knowledge on and posted what I was told late this afternoon. Like McPhaul said, we are sharing what we hear and things change quickly, if you want to know absolute truths wait until you see a press conference on ESPN.

The AAS Kirk Bohls report is correct.

Edited by Thiggystyle