Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mods..

Fedog

Quick question. How can OB's be so confident that Saban is 100% out of play but IT and HS say he is in play? Obviously different sources but you would think that sources would not be polar opposite with information. I would at least think IT and HS would say 50-75% in play and OB could say they have heard but maybe not as confident. THey are pretty adament that the ship has sailed on CNS.

Not trying to stir the pot but maybe someone can enlighten me on how these sources information is so vastly different.

I have no idea whose sources are whose but to be so completely opposite is strange. These sources are getting their information from someone and I have to believe that all these sources are somewhat connected to what is actually going on. I hope IT and HS are right as I want CNS and I love the tidbits etc so I will not be pissed if one is right and one is wrong, just find it strange that the information is so different.

McPhaul laid that out for everyone in the last Crossfire and JS did so as well in previous posts. Everyone has different sources, and these sources more than likely fall into the 3 or 4 groups of BMD's that all want different candidates. I am sure each of these groups are feeding info in order to promote their candidate. I guess we'll all see who got their way sooner rather than later!

Quick question. How can OB's be so confident that Saban is 100% out of play but IT and HS say he is in play? Obviously different sources but you would think that sources would not be polar opposite with information. I would at least think IT and HS would say 50-75% in play and OB could say they have heard but maybe not as confident. THey are pretty adament that the ship has sailed on CNS.

Not trying to stir the pot but maybe someone can enlighten me on how these sources information is so vastly different.

I still think the explanation for this is simple. All the sites have different sources. Hornsports has their sources, Inside Texas has their sources, Orangebloods has their sources, and 247 has their sources. Whether they are sources connected to Belmont or not connected to Belmont, these sources have an agenda. And these sources all share information that fits their agenda. I really believe that's just the way it works and I don't mean this as a call-out in way, shape, or form. I read all of the sites that I mentioned because I want to see different viewpoints. I enjoy and appreciate all of them.

After seeing Saban interviewed by Rece Davis and Sabans old OC who is now the HC at Colorado State, I just don't get the feeling that we are under any real kind of consideration. Why do those interviews and make yourself out to be a total ass if you were to take the UT gig. I just think in the end, Sexton is playing us for fools. My two cents anyway. I think everything McPhaul is reporting is spot on I just think Sexton is giving us a HJ and taking care of his clients. I hope I am wrong but he isn't coming here.

After seeing Saban interviewed by Rece Davis and Sabans old OC who is now the HC at Colorado State, I just don't get the feeling that we are under any real kind of consideration. Why do those interviews and make yourself out to be a total ass if you were to take the UT gig. I just think in the end, Sexton is playing us for fools. My two cents anyway. I think everything McPhaul is reporting is spot on I just think Sexton is giving us a HJ and taking care of his clients. I hope I am wrong but he isn't coming here.

Saban already has an extension. He won't get another. So what's his dog in this fight? How does a Sexton HJ help him at all?

I still think the explanation for this is simple. All the sites have different sources. Hornsports has their sources, Inside Texas has their sources, Orangebloods has their sources, and 247 has their sources. Whether they are sources connected to Belmont or not connected to Belmont, these sources have an agenda. And these sources all share information that fits their agenda. I really believe that's just the way it works and I don't mean this as a call-out in way, shape, or form. I read all of the sites that I mentioned because I want to see different viewpoints. I enjoy and appreciate all of them.

You're right about different sources. You're wrong about agendas, with possibly one exception.

I would imagine, if OB uses Bellmont or UT admin as sources then 1) it's not a good source, and 2) there is likely some message control going on. The reason it's not a good source is what you're seeing already. In the last few days, we've seen folks there at that site ALL OVER THE PLACE with what they're saying. This sounds like Belmont to me, as anyone who gets a call from Patterson will appear to be in Patterson's crosshairs when that's not necessarily the case at all.

Elsewhere, let's take JS for example. His source has been with him for quite some time. The info he gives in no way provides benefit to his source. In the latest case, it actually made him look bad (Black Friday) at one time. I see no agenda in what and how he operates. He's just got a great window into the back rooms of these dealings.

McPhaul does have a source that he suspects might have some Mack influence affecting the news he gets from them. Otherwise, I think it's very safe to say he's getting pure info unaffected by opinion through his other sources.

One thing I do know about these BMDs from observing their words/actions - they're not used to being wrong about anything. For that reason, you usually just get the truth as they know it.

Saban already has an extension. He won't get another. So what's his dog in this fight? How does a Sexton HJ help him at all?

I think it helps him with all of his clients in only ways know to him. I want it to happen in the worst possible way but I just don't see it after watching those interviews.

Didn't see the interview. Did he say he was committed to THIS team and THESE players or did he say he was going to retire from Alabama. If he said I will retire from Alabama then yes he looks like an ass. In Alabama he will be an ass no matter what if he leaves.

OBs information is UT/Admin sourced. Has been for a while. JS talks to someone in Jimmy Sexton's office. I don't think Chip or Ketch have a source there.

You're right about different sources. You're wrong about agendas, with possibly one exception.

I would imagine, if OB uses Bellmont or UT admin as sources then 1) it's not a good source, and 2) there is likely some message control going on. The reason it's not a good source is what you're seeing already. In the last few days, we've seen folks there at that site ALL OVER THE PLACE with what they're saying. This sounds like Belmont to me, as anyone who gets a call from Patterson will appear to be in Patterson's crosshairs when that's not necessarily the case at all.

Elsewhere, let's take JS for example. His source has been with him for quite some time. The info he gives in no way provides benefit to his source. In the latest case, it actually made him look bad (Black Friday) at one time. I see no agenda in what and how he operates. He's just got a great window into the back rooms of these dealings.

McPhaul does have a source that he suspects might have some Mack influence affecting the news he gets from them. Otherwise, I think it's very safe to say he's getting pure info unaffected by opinion through his other sources.

One thing I do know about these BMDs from observing their words/actions - they're not used to being wrong about anything. For that reason, you usually just get the truth as they know it.

I enjoy and appreciate reading responses like this because it makes me stop and evaluate my thought processes. However, I am just not convinced that we get the truth as they know it all of the time. Instead I think we get the truth as they want us to know it. But that's just me and I could be wrong. As I read somewhere recently, just because you agree with me doesn't mean you're wise and just because you disagree with me doesn't mean you're a fool.