Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Briles = Smoke

HornSolo

Just got off of the phone with a friend of mine who is very well tied into the Baylor Ath. office. Briles is staying at Baylor. However he did use the Texas interest to get the new Baylor Athletic Nutrition Center funded. It will be right next to the Highers Athletic Training facility on the Southside of the Brazos.

Per source Briles now feels he has everything in place for continued success on the Brazos.

God for him.

He was never, Never, Never Ever going to be considered for the HC at Texas. Just wasn't. What he does appears to work at BU but his methodology Will Not Work at Texas. We will not change our culture to that extent. I know a lot of you disagree with me but I'll stick by my guns on this one.

Besides, we don't need to go down that road. We're Texas.

Nutrition Center funding has been in the works for awhile. That's not a recent development because of our coaching search.

Published: 20 December 2013 07:57 PM

Baylor announced plans for an athletic nutrition center Friday.

The center was funded by a $3 million gift from Bob and Laura Beauchamp and was formally approved by the Baylor Board of Regents on Friday.

“It’s just another good addition to our facilities,†football coach Art Briles said. “It’s another advantage to coming to Baylor is the way I look at it.â€

Chuck Carlton

Good. He sucks anyway. Haaahaaaa!

I'm not a huge fan of Briles, but he certainly does not suck. 5+ years ago, Waco had more Texas fans in their stadium than Baylor fans when Texas played (and it wasn't very close). Now they are building a new stadium and have won a conference championship. Dude is a legit coach even if he's probably an ass.

Baylor announced plans for an athletic nutrition center Friday.

“It’s just another good addition to our facilities,” football coach Art Briles said. “It’s another advantage to coming to Baylor is the way I look at it.”

Chuck Carlton

So, Baylor finally is going to have a cafeteria for their athletes. WOW! That could be the final piece of the puzzle.

Just got off of the phone with a friend of mine who is very well tied into the Baylor Ath. office. Briles is staying at Baylor. However he did use the Texas interest to get the new Baylor Athletic Nutrition Center funded. It will be right next to the Highers Athletic Training facility on the Southside of the Brazos.

Per source Briles now feels he has everything in place for continued success on the Brazos.

Glad to know Briles has what he needs. Now, tell him Sabans coming to Texas, and HELL'S COMING WITH HIM!

Nutrition Center is already planned and done. Construction will begin shortly in ealry 2014.

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/football/nutrition-center-for-baylor-athletes-in-works/article_7551f626-6d25-55df-832b-c52742c7f1dc.html

Thanks for the link, could not find article friend was using a verification. Date of article fits well into timeline of all Briles to Texas smoke, PDX . thanks for the assist.

i would be fine with Briles, but I sort of want Baylor to be the 2nd best program in the state, so I would prefer he stay there and we just get a better coach. If we take Briles, Baylor won't be able to replace him. That means Baylor would most likely go back to being bad. I would prefer Texas and Baylor outshine A&M in this state...

Nope!