Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CLEANING UP MY PLACE AND JAMMING: Hey, What's Your Favorite Tunes?

monarch

1. james taylor - basically everything his sings (all of my white friends used to tease me about loving "JT" so much because i'm "black". but hey, i grew up in the suburbs of beaumont, tx... so whatever.)

2. jay zee - whenever he decides to jam... he really jams

3. earth, wind, & fire - need i say more

4. leanne rimes - simply love her music

5. pat metheny & group - basically everything he makes (i simply love this man's jazz)

...trust me, i am a big contemporary jazz a holic. also, i love brazillian smooth jazz as well...

Edited by monarch

Music from 1975...The Isley Brothers' The Heat is On, song entitled "Hope You Feel Better Love". Ernie Isley on lead guitar. He was taught how to play by Jimi Hendrix. You'll believe that after you listen to the music.

...trust me, i have everything "isley's" as well. you're spot on...

Did the same thing today..rotated through some Kings of Leon, Gary Clark Jr, and Will Hoge.

"Back Down South" by Kings of Leon is a great tune.

Visiting HornSports has caused me to stress too much lately over who the next Head Football Coach is going to be! This thread is putting me in a good mood.

I used to know LeAnn Rimes. Took yoga with her. She is very nice. Pat Metheny is easily my favorite jazz guitarist. Listen to him all the time. I myself am more of a 70's prog rock guy (Yes, ELP, Renaissance, etc) and 80's new wave and techno. The 90's, 2000's and 2010's are pretty much dead decades for me musically.

I used to know LeAnn Rimes. Took yoga with her. She is very nice. Pat Metheny is easily my favorite jazz guitarist. Listen to him all the time. I myself am more of a 70's prog rock guy (Yes, ELP, Renaissance, etc) and 80's new wave and techno. The 90's, 2000's and 2010's are pretty much dead decades for me musically.

...omg castlebravo1...

i never thought that i would meet someone that loves "pat metheny" just as much as i do... you've got to be kidding me. this man has got to be a complete "genius" in my book. there is nothing better to me than his "brazillian" melodies.... simply magnificent!

...omg castlebravo1...

i never thought that i would meet someone that loves "pat metheny" just as much as i do... you've got to be kidding me. this man has got to be a complete "genius" in my book. there is nothing better to me than his "brazillian" melodies.... simply magnificent!

"Letter from Home" is my favorite. The interplay between the musicians and Pedro Aznar's voice is awesome. The song "Follow Me" on "Imaginary Day" is crazy good too.

"Letter from Home" is my favorite. The interplay between the musicians and Pedro Aznar's voice is awesome. The song "Follow Me" on "Imaginary Day" is crazy good too.

...if i was to dare mention a favorite, i'd be lying...

so here are a few of my best pm tunes... "as it is", "wherever you go", "san lorenzo", "april wind", "april joy", "and then i knew", "something to remind you", "follow me"..... just to name a few. i own thru "iTunes" simply everything this man has conjured up.