Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Different take on Mack's latest negotiations

echeese

Those who know me. ..know that I look at the world differently than others. . .I am not a heard follower. . .never have been.

The internet world is exploding because Mack wants more money. . . .evil Mack. . .bad Mack. . .

But let's do some critical thinking and a bit of digging. . .

This is NOT the buy out. . .our admin wants Mack to stay. . .

One source has reported (by doing some digging) that the problem arose when they originally wanted an exclusive with Mack that would prohibit him from doing TV. . .contract likely worth $1.5 million plus to him. . ..yet wanted to pay him less than $600K . ..Mack's thought was to do both which isn't uncommon. .. .not unlike what he did after 2010 where he worked with both NFL channel and ESPN

So Mack asking for an additional $600K is actually him splitting the difference between what he thought he'd make and TEXAS' original offer. . .

Yes. . .I realize many won't like this. . .too easy to join the lynch mob and string him up. . .

Frankly. . .I think Mack should go to ESPN or NFL. . .break ties . ..let wounds heal. . ..and I think he'd be a star based on his work after the 2010 season. . .

Flame away. . .

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck,

Who in this administration wants Mack to stay?

IMO, it is better for both parties to spend some time away from one another. There is going to be a new administration in place shortly and I would argue that it does not behoove Texas to have a bitter old coach hanging around the program.

BTW, many people do not mind the fact that Mack wants more money, they are upset that Mack has gone back on his word and put himself above the program by trying to retain the HC position.

Mack is getting all he can get on the way out, just like anyone else with half a brain would IMO. There are probably several issues to be resolved, but I absolutely believe one of those is that there needs to be a clean break and confidentiality / non-disparagement requirement. No new coach wants Mack involved on the program or LHN for some period of time.

people dont like it because it just looks bad right now considering more than a few respected insiders have been reporting Mack has been difficult behind the scenes, went back on his agreement he had with Powers on stepping down if certain objectives were not meant, and tried to power play his way into saying...which failed. Its also been reported by many Mack doesn't want certain coaches to follow him.

The threat of a lawsuit is also out there, and its pretty obvious Mack's camp has leaked at least two media stories now (Pat Forde with Yahoo Sports, and Kirk Bohls)

People are just sick of the BS..rather Mack should get more money or not. People want him to just go away for a very long time, and let UT heal and hire whoever the hell they want without interference.

Frankly if it were me I would have just paid Mack's 2.75M buyout, fired him and told him to stay away for several years.

Mack is getting all he can get on the way out, just like anyone else with half a brain would IMO. There are probably several issues to be resolved, but I absolutely believe one of those is that there needs to be a clean break and confidentiality / non-disparagement requirement. No new coach wants Mack involved on the program or LHN for some period of time.

Part of my point. . .he's not on the way out. . .he's being reassigned other duties so to speak. . .

I agree that it should be a clean break. . .like I said.. .think Mack would be a rock star in the studio. . .a blend of Corso's "favorite uncle" without the insanity and Holtz' acumen without the idiot factor. . .sorry. . not a Holtz fan even though a good buddy was on his last title team. . .

But mack staying appears to be the plan. . .thus this issue is not about "buyout" as being reported by AAS and places like Burnt Orange Nation. .

I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind that simply wants to chime repeatedly "it's all Mack's fault". If anything goes wrong....answer with "it's Mack's fault".

If you want to find TRUTH, you have to hear both sides of the story. Mack Brown is not going to come on this site and tell you his side of the story. But trust me, he has one. Therefore, for now, if you want to believe the truth, it's closer to what Echeese is portraying than it is to what those portray that just want to hate.

I'm not saying Mack is perfect or has no faults. I'm saying he acted like any normal person in a same or similar position would have acted, and most definitely, all of the problems we encounter are not the result of something he did or did not do.

How can you go back on your resignation? It makes no sense. He handed in his resignation so there's no possible way he can try and renegotiate it. All they have to say is no and you get what your contract states. This is perhaps the most perplexing thing in this whole mess.

He resigned as the football coach. He's currently in negotiations for his future position with the University. He was made an offer and he countered. It remains to be seen whether he will be employed by the University in any capacity. I'm not sure why people are so up in arms about this. Standard proceedure, IMO.

Lol at whoever 1 starred this thread.

A few tweets from Longhorn Scott today strung together--

Wescott Eberts@SBN_Wescott --

Per @statesman, Mack Brown wants a much bigger buyout than the $500k per year he's been offered by Texas

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2013/12/27/5247798/mack-brown-buyout-package-texas-longhorns-resignation

Mack Brown has made more than $700k per win since 2010, but wants more than $500k to basically do virtually nothing through 2020? Okay...

Failing to achieve to a standard he set and then demanding more money after more than fair buyout is a bad look for Mack Brown.

The buyout for being fired is $2.75 million. Initial resignation deal would pay him $3.5 million.

.... technically a resignation, which is why it's a little bit ridiculous that Brown now wants more money.

Chuck,

Who in this administration wants Mack to stay?

IMO, it is better for both parties to spend some time away from one another. There is going to be a new administration in place shortly and I would argue that it does not behoove Texas to have a bitter old coach hanging around the program.

BTW, many people do not mind the fact that Mack wants more money, they are upset that Mack has gone back on his word and put himself above the program by trying to retain the HC position.

Darrell you and I think alike.......like brothers from the other side of the street. The nail heads the you keep hitting. Hook'em :P

Those who know me. ..know that I look at the world differently than others. . .I am not a heard follower. . .never have been.

The internet world is exploding because Mack wants more money. . . .evil Mack. . .bad Mack. . .

But let's do some critical thinking and a bit of digging. . .

This is NOT the buy out. . .our admin wants Mack to stay. . .

One source has reported (by doing some digging) that the problem arose when they originally wanted an exclusive with Mack that would prohibit him from doing TV. . .contract likely worth $1.5 million plus to him. . ..yet wanted to pay him less than $600K . ..Mack's thought was to do both which isn't uncommon. .. .not unlike what he did after 2010 where he worked with both NFL channel and ESPN

So Mack asking for an additional $600K is actually him splitting the difference between what he thought he'd make and TEXAS' original offer. . .

Yes. . .I realize many won't like this. . .too easy to join the lynch mob and string him up. . .

Frankly. . .I think Mack should go to ESPN or NFL. . .break ties . ..let wounds heal. . ..and I think he'd be a star based on his work after the 2010 season. . .

Flame away. . .

h-e-r-d is what you don't follow. Heard is what you hear.

If Mack Brown machine gunned an orphanage, you would say they asked for it.

He resigned as the football coach. He's currently in negotiations for his future position with the University. He was made an offer and he countered. It remains to be seen whether he will be employed by the University in any capacity. I'm not sure why people are so up in arms about this. Standard proceedure, IMO.

Lol at whoever 1 starred this thread.

Thanks for clearing that up.