Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SPOILED BRAT SYNDROME: Enough With The Bullying Of Our Moderators...

monarch

...the "status quo" is becoming tiresome...

i shall not began this "rant" by patronizing the "horn sports" moderators, vip's, and staffers. for it just goes without saying.... that these celebrated individuals, are good and compassionate people that just love their "longhorns".

many of us are becoming a bit tired as per the "status quo". the constant bickering and contradicting of our moderators. the often snide comments, loaded with innuendo and subtle nuances. even during the thick of christmas day... some of our moderators were hereby being treated to a bit of non civility, by posters basically claiming that what they say is loaded with untruth's. ENOUGH is ENOUGH!

for if you find that you just cannot adhere to what our mod's are very often trying their best to explain to us.... then please, by all means, visit another website. but please do not come upon this very "fair minded" format.... and basically discredit our mod's right in front of the very faces of it's regular posters. this "act" of non civility causes angst, and very often creates a bit of discombobulation across the broad spectrum.

...upon next week, we should know just whom the new head coach at "texas" shall be. and for this very important sentiment, i am thanking our moderators in advance.... as per their very patience, generosity, and qualitative knowledge presented...

• Administrators

Monarch, you are a good man and very much appreciated and always welcome at Horn Sports with open arms. There is no intention here to mislead, misreport or play a charade on anyone that visits Horn Sports. We are under no obligation to ANYONE except our members to post information as we receive it, dissect it and ultimately put it out there for you guys.

We have not posted information to sell subscriptions. This site has been paid for out of an individual's pockets for the better part of 2 years. We're not OB, IT or 247 =- nor do we care to be. We're Horn Sports.

Your post means a lot to all of us here.

Edited by bbdude

I understand the frustration that posters have when conflicting information is posted here and other sites, but to denigrate the person who has contacts for reporting what he/she has been told in confidence is ill-mannered and uncalled for. McPhaul has been one of my favorite posters for quite some time, both here, on OB and other sites. I can't remember Darrell ever being less than civil to another poster and the same courtesy should be given to him and the other moderators as well as posters sharing things they have heard.

Not all inside information can pan out as we would like, that is just the nature of life, and if a poster can't abide having information change then that person needs to take a step back and consider how foolish he sounds when making complaints that are potentially insulting and hurtful. Even on sites where people have to pay for "inside" information things change and to blame the messenger is idiotic.

Our staff at least interacts with everyone, unlike some of the other joints around here.

I understand but you can't reason with some people. No amount of dialogue will change their mind. It just frustrates everyone else on the board. Kind of like thinking you can convince someone to change their current political party. It won't work and does nothing but get ugly. You can't be nice to these posters or they will soon try to rule the board. See OB for an example.

Doug was right in his post above. You can pretty much tell the troublemakers from their handles.

I'm new here but no stranger to message boards. I think dissenting opinion, and even An occasional Arguement is cool. If done without rancor. I do it with my brother, I do it with my friends.

I have posters who are friends get on my ass in playful act. I know they don't mean anything by it. I don't think I have seen anything near what OB has going on over there. But I have not been back in quit some time. My friends y'all have a great weekend.

Good post Monarch. The dog pack mentality on ob is the main reason I am not renewing over there. McPhaul,Whis,and others have a good thing going here and it needs to stay that way.I'm all for a little self policing among the members and gentle reminders such as yours are great. But if the staff needs to ban a habitual offender so be it.

...the "status quo" is becoming tiresome...[/

i shall not began this "rant" by patronizing the "horn sports" moderators, vip's, and staffers. for it just goes without saying.... that these celebrated individuals, are good and compassionate people that just love their "longhorns".

many of us are becoming a bit tired as per the "status quo". the constant bickering and contradicting of our moderators. the often snide comments, loaded with innuendo and subtle nuances. even during the thick of christmas day... some of our moderators were hereby being treated to a bit of non civility, by posters basically claiming that what they say is loaded with untruth's. ENOUGH is ENOUGH!

for if you find that you just cannot adhere to what our mod's are very often trying their best to explain to us.... then please, by all means, visit another website. but please do not come upon this very "fair minded" format.... and basically discredit our mod's right in front of the very faces of it's regular posters. this "act" of non civility causes angst, and very often creates a bit of discombobulation across the broad spectrum.

...upon next week, we should know just whom the new head coach at "texas" shall be. and for this very important sentiment, i am thanking our moderators in advance.... as per their very patience, generosity, and qualitative knowledge presented...

What he said.....thank you mods

I have been on OB since right before the 2008 season began. I have watched it slowly go downhill in regards to personal attacks from other posters, and to how some of the mods reply to people. I have seen posters continue to post crap, and not get banned until a big enough noise was made from other members to get them banned. I watched insiders that 2 years ago were being heralded and thanked for info, get made fun of, and just downright treated like dirt. I am just glad there is a UT Messageboard that allows people to have CONSTRUCTIVE conversations, and though there are differing opinions, it has been nice to see it be a conversation and not a flame war. I enjoy the insider information, I know that this is info that at the time it was given is correct, and that info at anytime can change (Its Austin, Its Pac 12).

Thank you to the creators, Modes, insiders, and computer peeps that have gotten this site off the ground and have made it into the best site out for UT sports discussions.

...the "status quo" is becoming tiresome...

Well said. I guess I come from a different time, before the internet existed or was a thought in Al Gore's mind, when you would sit around with friends, strangers, and others to discuss the goings on about sports and the world. You couldn't hide behind your keyboard and had to conduct yourself with some degree of civility or you were just asked to leave, ignored or not asked back. As the site grows there there will always be a few lone wolves and I have complete confidence in the Mods to cull them the pack and keep things under control.

As long as most people heed Monarch's advice all will be great. Keep up the good work Mods.

I agree with Hook 100%! We who spend time on the various boards want the latest information, and that in situations such as the coaching change at UT are fluid. Sometimes the information is correct; however, sometimes it is not. So what! If you want hard news, triple confirmed and vetted, read the Statesman. We all know Bohl's never gets anything wrong. Finally, McPhaul, please don't let these acne infested twerp's ruin this board as they have OB.

It's an internet message board where people express their opinions. Just because someone is a moderator or staff doesn't mean that I have to agree with what they share. It sounds like you get offended easily, maybe you shouldn't take things so personally.

Edited by hittman70

People should quit looking at this site in light of ob. Im here and have never been there. Ob sux, its irrelevant.

This is actually a good point . . .

And this site would be wise to adopt something that OB has. . ..which is a sense of community. ..I know that is McPaul's intent.

I would also caution people that if this site is going to grow. . .it cannot have a borg-like thought process. . .but if someone has an opinion you don't care for. .they are not BAD. . .

I've already been called out here. . .doesn't bother me. . .I have thick skin. . .of course those calling me out cannot stand anyone taking a different stance. . .

This place has potential. . .a potential I thought 24/7 was going to embrace but they failed to do so. . .I like Darrell and the people running the site seem to be good folks. . .make this place better than OB and stop worrying about them. . .

Just my view from the Cheap Seats. .