Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chip Brown is claiming.........

PDX, in the big picture its ultimately a good thing. The more you read Chip Brown, El Mahico and the Orangebloods crew hyping Jimbo Fisher's name the more likely Saban ends up being our next head coach. They are doing everything possbile to divert the focus away from Saban...which is exactly what the committee wants right now. Please feel free to PM if you want more details.

Im not so sure that our committee gives on hoot what is or isnt being said on message boards. I'd like to think we influence them but in the end they are professionals and we arent. I have faith that they will get the job done.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

agree they are keeping most info from coming out, but dont really agree no one has been able to hear anything at all. some people have. Its almost Jan 1. Texas likely will be naming their next coach very soon. like within just 10 days or so. I dont buy they dont have their primary, secondary, and other backup plans already identified. They likely already know who is interested and who isnt on a whole list of people. We are so close to this going down soon that they would have to know who the main guy is at this point. just my opinion.

Yes, I think this is a logical conclusion. I should have caveated my remark as being just my opinion.

Chip seems pissed at Shaunsters. Man you cant even question the guy. Shaunsters is not the only one in the last few days who has claimed people in the very least are talking to Saban. Far from it yet Chip is saying he's basically not been wrong on any Saban info which is hilarious. Jesus would get a huge laugh from that

Saw that too.

Chip seemed to be put out with Shaunsters and was quick to diffuse the whole thing.

Strange but I will say it is good that OB isn't reporting Saban as a front runner. They move the needle to their credit and if they report it ESPN will be rolling it on their bottomline.

OB is the last group the people calling the shots wants to report any coaching news. The Fisher smokescreen is being done perfectly if its Saban.

Do not agree that Hicks is a source for Orangebloods, even though they would like you to think that. Information is on a complete lockdown at Bellmont; violate that at your own risk. If in fact one of the Hicks brothers had told OB anything, it might be instructive to consider the motivation.

Chip had a long career in print journalism at the DMN and established a decent reputation. He still gets the benefit of the doubt from many due to that history. I'm not sure where he is now professionally; I'm not sure he knows either.

A couple of you here seem to think highly of Jason. I've never really been able to figure out his role there.

I call absolute BS that Powers has ever talked to OB. He's probably only vaguely aware who they are at best.

Jason Suchomel is the worst thing about Orangebloods. Ketch should force him to retire, for the good of all.

Jason Suchomel is the worst thing about Orangebloods. Ketch should force him to retire, for the good of all.

You have a right to your own opinion and I respect that.

However, I know Jason personally and think he's a great guy. He's never crossed me in any way and always seems to have something nice to say. He's been a customer of mine for about 4 years.

As far as his job, Jason is trained well in reporter work and it shows. But that's the kind of reporting you'd expect in a newspaper, the TV news and such where sources are named. He's very good in that regard, but it does not lend itself to the type of writing/reporting that say McPhaul or Jesus do.

Again, I respect your right to think as you see fit and don't think less of you for that. Just posting another view.

Do not agree that Hicks is a source for Orangebloods, even though they would like you to think that. Information is on a complete lockdown at Bellmont; violate that at your own risk. If in fact one of the Hicks brothers had told OB anything, it might be instructive to consider the motivation.

Chip had a long career in print journalism at the DMN and established a decent reputation. He still gets the benefit of the doubt from many due to that history. I'm not sure where he is now professionally; I'm not sure he knows either.

A couple of you here seem to think highly of Jason. I've never really been able to figure out his role there.

I call absolute BS that Powers has ever talked to OB. He's probably only vaguely aware who they are at best.

I missed the Scholes welcoming party here on HS. Thanks for the input my man. Good to see you around these parts. Chip's sources are feeding him 100% Bellmont stock-pit ticker-tape info. And it's probably Patterson's doing. FTW.

@ Badboy- Definitely not disputing any of that. I just don't see him jumping ship after winning a NC. Has any coach ever done that?

No, but run down the list of programs that won the national championship since 2000, find which major programs had an opening (without NCAA sanctions) and compare those schools to FSU and I think you'll have the answer as to why?

2000 - Oklahoma - Bob Stoops

2001 - Miami - Larry Coker

2002 - Ohio State - Jim Tressel

2003 - LSU - Nick Saban

2004 - USC - Pete Carrol

2005 - Texas - Mack Brown

2006 - Florida - Urban Meyer

2007 - LSU - Les Miles

2008 - Florida - Urban Meyer

2009 - Alabama - Nick Saban

2010 - Auburn - Gene Chizik

2011 - Alabama - Nick Saban

2012 - Alabama - Nick Saban

2013 - FSU/Auburn - ???

Of all those schools listed above LSU, FSU, Auburn, and Miami are the closest together IMO. And if you'll remember, Michigan had Les Miles in their grasp until LSU got wind of it and put the major pressure on Miles to make a decision. Nick Saban left LSU for the NFL.

You have a right to your own opinion and I respect that.

However, I know Jason personally and think he's a great guy. He's never crossed me in any way and always seems to have something nice to say. He's been a customer of mine for about 4 years.

As far as his job, Jason is trained well in reporter work and it shows. But that's the kind of reporting you'd expect in a newspaper, the TV news and such where sources are named. He's very good in that regard, but it does not lend itself to the type of writing/reporting that say McPhaul or Jesus do.

Again, I respect your right to think as you see fit and don't think less of you for that. Just posting another view.

Joeywa has met Suchomel a couple of times and speaks very highly of him.

Joeywa has met Suchomel a couple of times and speaks very highly of him.

Jason Suchomel is one of the best human beings that I have ever known. He is honest and I trust anything he says completely. You may not like what he reports, but you can rest assured that he believes what he reports to be true.

I am proud to be able to call him my friend.

I

Well....... I guess we shall all see what happens. This is a great thread. IT and HS say that Saban is in play. OB says its done. OB is a reporter of news, as they cannot be wrong because of who they are and IT and HS are a little more provacative. Not saying one is right and one is wrong, as I have no idea, currently, but I like the work the HS and IT put together because they hear the goods and report what they hear weather it comes to frution or not. OB is so very conservative, and is possibly trying to kill the Saban talk in the case that when it is released they get first dibs. No matter what happens, I will continue to peruse all sites.

I can say with confidence that Saban was a done deal before Mack screwed it all up. I saw the texts from someone as close to the situation as could be. Hopefully things continue as they once were

@ Badboy- Definitely not disputing any of that. I just don't see him jumping ship after winning a NC. Has any coach ever done that?

Has this opportunity in this circumstance ever happened before? No, that's why ridiculous names are being thrown around. In 98 when Mack took over, UT was still on the way up in a new conference. Austin was still America's best kept secret. 16 years later. Austin is one of the fastest growing cities with the best economies in the nation. It's a beautiful and exciting place to live and work. Also along the way we built out a stadium in a downtown setting and grew into a $140mm/year monster with it's own network.

I'm not so arrogant as to think we can get anyone because of who we are but I also am not naive to believe that if Texas calls, anyone who gets that call doesn't hear them out.

FSU is a tier 2 school with two other potential power programs in the state. Fisher hasn't signed his extension and Texas could/would make it seem like chump change if they wanted to. FSU is a good program with a good football team. It is not a top 5 job. Texas has every right to the argument of being the #1 job in the country.

badboy, thank you for putting everything into perspective. In the midst of the chaos, it is easy to lose sight of who and what we are. I don't think that listening to Mackspeak for the last 15+ years has improved our interpretation, either.

Mack is destructive and selfish, yet full of folksy charm. The charm makes it easy to buy the folksy, down home persona, eventually; however, one sees through the charade and disaster strikes! Since Mack retired, my reactions to news events regarding the program have changed. Hope flourishes that our new coaches will have solutions to problems that appear to have eluded Mack & Co.

Thank goodness we are not held hostage any longer!

Hook 'em!

Edited by java
Well....... I guess we shall all see what happens. This is a great thread. IT and HS say that Saban is in play. OB says its done. OB is a reporter of news, as they cannot be wrong because of who they are and IT and HS are a little more provacative. Not saying one is right and one is wrong, as I have no idea, currently, but I like the work the HS and IT put together because they hear the goods and report what they hear weather it comes to frution or not. OB is so very conservative, and is possibly trying to kill the Saban talk in the case that when it is released they get first dibs. No matter what happens, I will continue to peruse all sites.

I can say with confidence that Saban was a done deal before Mack screwed it all up. I saw the texts from someone as close to the situation as could be. Hopefully things continue as they once were

Think about it this way - can OB afford to say Saban is coming - and then he doesn't? And if you're reluctant to go with a story like that before you feel it's time, are you going to feed your competitors by confirming that there may be something to it but you're just not ready to put it in print?

We're going to the Pac 12?

We're going to the title game and not OU?

For a long time, they denied Saban was even a consideration or that we were talking to them.

Something like this, if it didn't materialize, would probably be the end for them or something close to it.

Edited by Sirhornsalot
Jason Suchomel is one of the best human beings that I have ever known. He is honest and I trust anything he says completely. You may not like what he reports, but you can rest assured that he believes what he reports to be true.

I am proud to be able to call him my friend.

I

Jeez, anything?

Im not so sure that our committee gives on hoot what is or isnt being said on message boards. I'd like to think we influence them but in the end they are professionals and we arent. I have faith that they will get the job done.

When I say that I really mean all the people driving the Saban hire....who are also the same people driving the committee...and the same people driving Patterson.