Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chip Brown is claiming.........

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I'm missing some big storyline with Chip, WHO DOES HE WORK FOR? Why would national media give his 'Mack stepping down' story any airplay when others had been saying it for however long prior? Why is he the de facto mouthpiece for all things insider?

Chip has contacts with ESPN who really like him. He also has a long history as a sports reporter before coming to Orangebloods and people respect him from that. He's been wrong on a lot of things, but OB and Chip are still the ones the national guys will run a story from. It sucks, but is what it is.

Chip is saying that we had a chance in mid December but that the chances to get back in are close to zero. Sounds like from his post that the BMD were interested in mid December. Can't tell from his post if he things the BMD are no longer trying.

Shaunsters points out on Chip's thread that zero chance was incorrect. Jason told Shaunsters that he didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

Pretty funny actually. Zero chance is an absolute. Chip may be right but I wouldn't call out a poster for saying that zero chance is incorrect. It's not like Shaunsters is claiming Saban is coming to UT.

Isn't Orangebloods a Bellmont mouthpiece?

Chip is getting info from Plonsky, which is inaccurate. I don't know if Saban signs or not. I'm just reporting what I hear from a guy that is handling this. They are talking. Chip is wrong.

Beat me too it. Chip isn't so much a Belmont mouthpiece as a Plonsky mouthpiece. He must have hooked her up with a really hot bit of pussy.

Edited by lilMAC25
If Saban not coming to Texas is because of Mack's lawsuit threat, I will hate that man until the day that I die.

I dont think it has anything to do with that. Most people with any sort of legal background I've seen on various sites seem to be saying even if that threat were real (which people are doubting), they dont think Mack has any case whatsoever, and that UT has no concerns

Chip must use Burton as his source.

I chortled.

Chip may be right but I wouldn't call out a poster for saying that zero chance is incorrect.

You're transposing Chip's "near zero percent chance" with what Such said about Shaun's post. Chip never said Saban was "dead." He essentially stated it was "highly, highly unlikely."

Chip is saying that we had a chance in mid December but that the chances to get back in are close to zero. Sounds like from his post that the BMD were interested in mid December. Can't tell from his post if he things the BMD are no longer trying.

Shaunsters points out on Chip's thread that zero chance was incorrect. Jason told Shaunsters that he didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

Pretty funny actually. Zero chance is an absolute. Chip may be right but I wouldn't call out a poster for saying that zero chance is incorrect. It's not like Shaunsters is claiming Saban is coming to UT.

And it's not like Chip is saying there is 0% chance of ending up at Texas.

That the percentage chance of Nick Saban ending up at Texas is almost at zero.

To be fair, Chip isn't "claiming" anything. He is reporting what he is being told. He didn't say zero, he said "almost at zero." Fair enough if you want to question his sources, but wouldn't you have to know who they are in order to question them? Like it says on that big building on the UT campus...Seek the truth and it shall set you free.

we can debate semantics but almost at zero is basically saying there is like a 1-2% chance which is Chip basically claiming he's been told (for whatever motivations) there is mostly no chance with Saban

I guess he left some very minimal wiggle room as its not exactly 0%, but he's basically saying its not happening per whoever is feeding him info

I think he getting this from Steve Hicks.

He's been getting a lot of stuff from Steve Hicks, and I also believe Powers. Some of it is a smokescreen, some of it is true. That's just the way it works. I also believe there's a power struggle and Powers and Mack need to get out of the way.

I know he also gets info from Plonsky, but some of this info is coming from the above 2 imo

Edited by Mr. Cosell
Chip is getting info from Plonsky, which is inaccurate. I don't know if Saban signs or not. I'm just reporting what I hear from a guy that is handling this. They are talking. Chip is wrong.

Yes, no disrespect to Chip or OB... but their sourcing have been proven to be 100% Bellmont backed. If Patterson is directly or indirectly telling Chip 0% chance, that's a very very good thing. Getcha Cohibas ready fellas.

The last time I got pregnant, I'd started working at home and stumbled upon the internet 'mommy board' phenomena. I always thought it was an enigma, that it had to be hormones driving these women to behave the way they did, catty and full of bravado. Now I realize that this culture exists among men, too, except the conversations center on insider sports intel instead of circumcision. Bizarre.