Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Christmas Next Year

Darrell McPhaul

Next year when Hornsports will not be running in the red, we are going to adopt a family and provide a wonderful Christmas to those who would not otherwise have one.

Years ago my my brother and sisters quit exchanging gifts and instead chose to spend that money on kids that would not have had a Christmas.

I believe you find true happiness when you learn to enjoy giving more than you do receiving.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Next year when Hornsports will not be running in the red, we are going to adopt a family and provide a wonderful Christmas to those who would not otherwise have one.

Years ago my my brother and sisters quit exchanging gifts and instead chose to spend that money on kids that would not have had a Christmas.

I believe you find true happiness when you learn to enjoy giving more than you do receiving.

That is a wonderful idea! Lets make it happen!

Awesome. I do this with my company every year. We used to do a huge, expensive staff party but we finally all agreed to spend that money adopting a needy family instead. MUCH more rewarding for everyone !

I agree w/ the giving, everyone needs to do that year round...not just today. The simplest offering of help can be a great gift to someone in need.

Open doors and hold them open, help the elderly w/ what appears to be something simple (to you), take an interest in a kid that has no leadership in his/her life, say "thank you, please, and you're welcome"...kindness and courtesy can be contagious if we encourage it!!!

Sounds like a great idea. Not to be nosy, but what is the source of your revenue? I do not see ads on here, but I do use ad blocking software.

Capn, It is your site too so, we are not going to look at it as you being nosy. Never in my life have I had an issue with lifting the kimona for any of my customers.

For the last two years, Aaron has supported this site out of his own pocket. Truly astounding when you have a wife and three kids. Two months ago Aaron & Mike reached out to me to gardener my interest on building this site. Their timing was perfect. I was looking to do something on my own. In the last two months we have had several members reach out to us an offer to sponsor us. That is now paying the bills. However, we had to upgrade the server too so, that made Aarons cost even higher. The good news is, the sponsors we have, have gotten business from this site already. That is one thing we are going to encourage, is that you shop in your own community.

In Feb we plan on taking this site behind the curtain. We believe this community provides us all value. With that said, we also understand that a lot of our members are on a fixed income so, you will not see anything like a $10.00 a month charge from us. We are looking to cut that by 50%. We are thinking along the lines of $5.00 a month. How would you all feel about that?

Keep in mind, the best is yet to come. We are developing a recruiting, baseball, volleyball and basketball forums that will be second to none. It just takes time and resources to get there. We have no aspirations of becoming Orange Bloods. On the contrary,this is going to be a tight knit community first and we will not sell out and let this site become a free for all.

I have read that a lot of people come here for the inside information. I would not encourage you to join this site for that reason. You should join a site because you enjoy and appreciate the quality of the members that participate. I see where we have approximately 3800 members now. If only 1,500 signed up in February my feelings will not be hurt, because I will know we have the right 1,500 members building this foundation.

Darrell

Capn, It is your site too so, we are not going to look at it as you being nosy. Never in my life have I had an issue with lifting the kimona for any of my customers.

For the last two years, Aaron has supported this site out of his own pocket. Truly astounding when you have a wife and three kids. Two months ago Aaron & Mike reached out to me to gardener my interest on building this site. Their timing was perfect. I was looking to do something on my own. In the last two months we have had several members reach out to us an offer to sponsor us. That is now paying the bills. However, we had to upgrade the server too so, that made Aarons cost even higher. The good news is, the sponsors we have, have gotten business from this site already. That is one thing we are going to encourage, is that you shop in your own community.

In Feb we plan on taking this site behind the curtain. We believe this community provides us all value. With that said, we also understand that a lot of our members are on a fixed income so, you will not see anything like a $10.00 a month charge from us. We are looking to cut that by 50%. We are thinking along the lines of $5.00 a month. How would you all feel about that?

Keep in mind, the best is yet to come. We are developing a recruiting, baseball, volleyball and basketball forums that will be second to none. It just takes time and resources to get there. We have no aspirations of becoming Orange Bloods. On the contrary,this is going to be a tight knit community first and we will not sell out and let this site become a free for all.

I have read that a lot of people come here for the inside information. I would not encourage you to join this site for that reason. You should join a site because you enjoy and appreciate the quality of the members that participate. I see where we have approximately 3800 members now. If only 1,500 signed up in February my feelings will not be hurt, because I will know we have the right 1,500 members building this foundation.

Darrell

Thanks for the quick response, and $5 for this site would be a bargain. Even though I only know a couple of posters here, this place has become my favorite Longhorn site.

Darrell

Darrell,

You are absolutely correct. Aaron is a great guy and he wouldn't allow me to contribute monetarily to the backend server stuff. I'm just glad to be apart of what we have going on here. Many of us are current/former OB/IT/247 users. Those sites are great in their own right. Because the site is new, it learns from the previous ones while creating its own environment. We have a lot of well known posters here which is excellent for the community. I created the backend servers with expectation that the site will grow. This site belongs to the community and I am just a small piece. Myself and the rest of the mods/staff will make sure we stay true to what we are building no matter how large the site may get. We have an interesting journey ahead of us as Longhorn fans and HornSports will have us covered!

5 bucks a month is not bad at all. Me being the poor college student I am I look at cost in terms of Chipotle burritos. That's not even a full burrito! I can make the sacrifice. Keep up the good work y'all, I have really enjoyed it.

Lol Been there my friend. The Chipotle on the drag was my first Chipotle burrito! I've been hooked ever since. Focus on finishing school and you will appreciate those broke college days. Good times!