Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lil Christmas Info

Darrell McPhaul

I'd take Fisher without question. You want someone who has succeeded while following a legend? Someone who has built a program from mediocrity into a powerhouse? Someone who recruits top tier talent and then develops that talent? Someone who hires very good assistants? Someone who has learned from the greatest coach in college football history? Fisher is the answer to all of those questions.

Obviously everyone wants Saban, but why not hire the next Saban and keep him for 10-15 years than Saban for 5-7?

If Fisher were to come, I'd want a few guys from his staff without a doubt. Give me Pruitt the DC, Sunseri the DL coach and Brewster the TE coach for sure. And I want their strength coach Vic Villoria too.

It is called a contingency plan. One that we did not have in place before. I baffled on why this is so hard to understand?

I think what's scaring people is a few days ago there was info from a couple of different sources that made it sound like Saban was a done deal again. Now with Mack acting like a scorned ex girlfriend it could screw things up with our number one choice. All this waiting till Jan stuff is kinda wearing on all of us as well.

I'd take Fisher without question. You want someone who has succeeded while following a legend? Someone who has built a program from mediocrity into a powerhouse? Someone who recruits top tier talent and then develops that talent? Someone who hires very good assistants? Someone who has learned from the greatest coach in college football history? Fisher is the answer to all of those questions.

Obviously everyone wants Saban, but why not hire the next Saban and keep him for 10-15 years than Saban for 5-7?

If Fisher were to come, I'd want a few guys from his staff without a doubt. Give me Pruitt the DC, Sunseri the DL coach and Brewster the TE coach for sure. And I want their strength coach Vic Villoria too.

I agree you cannot doubt the job Fisher has done at FSU.

And another thing that people need to know about Fisher is how highly thought of he is around the SEC parts. LSU fans that I work with swear by Fisher. They rave about how strong he recruited Alabama and Florida for them. He owned Mobile when he was there and they have hardly been able to pull anyone from there since he left. And remember, Jameis Winston is an Alabama kid.

You want a coach who would be able to keep the top talent from Texas in Austin and cherry pick from the Southeast to finish the class off, Fisher would be great.

Guys, while we scored a TD with Saban, McPhaul is simply saying jumbo was ready to score when the clock ran out.

So if the TD with Saban were to be called back (no reason it would right now), we know we could insert Fisher and get a TD if we had to.

We scored. And so far, no need to review the play.

Nice. I like the way you put it!

Thanks for the information. It's always nice to have a backup plan in case Saban has a medical condition that prevents him from moving to Texas, gets kidnapped, or simply changes his mind (let's face it, the man can be fickle). You always have to cover your ass in a scenarios like this due to soooooooo many outside influences. Patterson is doing the smart thing here. I like that backup plan.