Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coach denials

Fatherof5

Saban "I was never interested in the Texas job"

Malzahn "Auburn is a good fit for me"

Strong "I have no interest in UT job"

Miles "lets not kick my name around UT job"

There are plenty more. The only coach I have heard say he would consider it is Gruden and that's just a ploy to get more bank out of esecpn. While I have no interest in most of these guys I am sick of hearing the lies. No way in hell these guys are not interested in doubling their income, being provided the greatest recruiting base and facilities in the country, having a reasonable path to CFB playoff every year, and living in a city that is second to none. I don't buy it and man it would be refreshing if one or more of these twerps would admit it.

Saban "I was never interested in the Texas job"

Malzahn "Auburn is a good fit for me"

Strong "I have no interest in UT job"

Miles "lets not kick my name around UT job"

There are plenty more. The only coach I have heard say he would consider it is Gruden and that's just a ploy to get more bank out of esecpn. While I have no interest in most of these guys I am sick of hearing the lies. No way in hell these guys are not interested in doubling their income, being provided the greatest recruiting base and facilities in the country, having a reasonable path to CFB playoff every year, and living in a city that is second to none. I don't buy it and man it would be refreshing if one or more of these twerps would admit it.

They all have jobs so they can't say they want the UT HC position. If it doesn't work out then they have screwed themselves.

They all have jobs so they can't say they want the UT HC position. If it doesn't work out then they have screwed themselves.

^ This.

What you're hearing is standard responses. There are some who are currently HC at other places who have been, well, aggressive with their contacting UT. But they'd never admit it publicly.

That's not the way ESPN works. They could care less if he was interested in the job. There are a coupla dozen former Coaches/players lined up to take Gruden's place. They don't believe it would be much of a drop off. If Gruden says he's interested, he's interested.

That's not the way ESPN works. They could care less if he was interested in the job. There are a coupla dozen former Coaches/players lined up to take Gruden's place. They don't believe it would be much of a drop off. If Gruden says he's interested, he's interested.

I hope you are wrong. Don't want him here at all.

I hope he's right. Jon Gruden would be the best choice, way better than Saban. Study Jon Gruden's work ethic and life and you should agree.

I think Saban would have the recruiting edge for the foreseeable future. high school kids wanna go to the coach that won 3 of the last 5 MNC.