Find results in...

Tidbit

Sirhornsalot

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think patterson makes this hire and rumors like this will be either part of a misinformation campaign, or made up. He knows what he's doing and i just dont see him allowing one peep to escape. I cant imagine there will be anyone on the phone calls but patterson and the agent of the coach involved at this stage, and i don't believe he'll share any details of calls.

So you're talking Jim correct?

I almost would rather have John....heck he has the SB ring....how many college coaches have a SB ring to flash to potential recruits?? Much better than flying down in a helicopter which is a douche move IMHO....

Jim kicked tail at Stanford and brought USC and Carroll down to the point of crying about getting blown out. John has never sniffed a college HC gig and a super bowl ring doesn't recruit by itself.

That use to rub me wrong, too. But if you're ok with someone happy about your news or in agreement with it, then you have to be ok when someone is not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It is always helpful when the naysayers actually make a case for what they are saying, though.

In my case, I don't have a dog in the fight. I'd be THRILLED with a Harbaugh hire. He's easily my favorite (post-Saban). But I also know Texas will make a great hire even if his name isn't Harbaugh. I'd be fine with a couple different candidates they're looking at.

Agree. That was my point. How do they know he won't consider the opening?

I think patterson makes this hire and rumors like this will be either part of a misinformation campaign, or made up. He knows what he's doing and i just dont see him allowing one peep to escape. I cant imagine there will be anyone on the phone calls but patterson and the agent of the coach involved at this stage, and i don't believe he'll share any details of calls.

If he's smart he's using a few BMD to get some off the books compensation to push salaries near 8 figures expanding the candidate pool to virtually everyone.