Darrell McPhaul

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would call others first like Fisher and Shaw

but I really think Texas should back the trucks up for Briles. Ive come around on him maybe being the best overall fit taking all the factors into account

If Texas wants a quick fix I would think someone who a) already knows Texas and the high schools recruiting wise and B) can also coach their ass off should be heavily considered

agree colepayton, If we don't go Strong if Shaw is a non starter, he will likely be the HC at Florida in 2015.

yep i agree strong would be awsome hire..and if muschamp fails in 2014 hes going to florida in 2015..i love shaw but hes not leaving..we gotta be realistic and get over theses pipedreams.

It looks like a lot of people have cooled off on Gundy. That's slightly disappointing. Obviously you make your first calls to Fisher and Malzahn but after that, I'm calling Gundy. Shaw appears to be a long shot and while I really like Franklin, I'm just not sure he's ready for THIS kind of job. I really hope the Swinney talks are behind us.

And Urban a very long shot, we should start focusing the other candidates.

After listening to Pattersons impressive speech concerning the type of candidate Texas would consider, I'm pretty sure Patterson in strongly leaning towards the college ranks.

Did I miss something? Last I heard you said we were still talking with Sexton through back channels...Did that change?

And Urban a very long shot, we should start focusing the other candidates.

After listening to Pattersons impressive speech concerning the type of candidate Texas would consider, I'm pretty sure Patterson in strongly leaning towards the college ranks.

I don't think what he said would preclude Jim Harbaugh. He's still my No. 1.

McPhaul, there was another thread, that said that Saban wasnt entirely off the table just yet. With this thread, are you saying he is 100% off the table now? (Dont have any hopes up, just going by what you and some others have said about Saban not being completely done yet, and there is definitely an uphill battle to get him)