Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ASU Coach Todd Graham

Darrell McPhaul

no thank you. The way he recruited kids to rice, tulsa and pitt, promising to be there for them and help develop their skills and then left in a heartbeat each time shows he has little commitment to the players and is all about his personal ambition. We don't need that as part of our program.

No to miles because of the refusal to hold kids accountable for getting into trouble. If a kid has two sexual assaults you don't let the team vote him back as a starter (and let's not forget his quarterback got run out of uga for a sexual assault arrest also).

all of this! ^^^

No thank you. The way he recruited kids to Rice, Tulsa and Pitt, promising to be there for them and help develop their skills and then left in a heartbeat each time shows he has little commitment to the players and is all about his personal ambition. We don't need that as part of our program.

No to Miles because of the refusal to hold kids accountable for getting into trouble. If a kid has two sexual assaults you don't let the team vote him back as a starter (and let's not forget his quarterback got run out of UGA for a sexual assault arrest also).

Agree

I went to school with Graham for 6 years and have been very disappointed how he has job-hopped and been willing to say whatever whenever. He was generally a pretty good guy during 7-12th grades. He fired the entire staff/department at Rice when he went there...equipment manager, secretaries...everyone. People who had been there for decades had their career ended so Todd could change the culture...of course he was gone after one year and all of them were still out their jobs. What a culture change. I understand wanting the change the environment but to have no commitment to the school after all that was very disappointing.

That's coaching. He's no different than most other successful coaches in that dept. It is a volatile business and you know that when you elect to go in the field. Yes, even the people in the dept.

He's been successful. But he probably won't get the Texas job.

Darrell, can he take the job? or does Patterson's contract at ASU prevent it? I've read Patterson cannot take ASU employees. Yeah, I'm sure there's a way around any contract, but just wondering if this has been addressed behind closed doors. Thx.

No surprise there.

I don't want to see Graham or Miles on the UT sidelines.

Why not? He wins. So he does move around a lot but what if he goes to Florida next year and wins a few national titles while the replacement we hire doesn't win anything? Not saying that will happen but just because a guy moves around a lot doesn't mean he isn't a good coach. I am impressed with what he has done in 2 years at ASU.

Edited by ChrisFlanagan

No thank you. The way he recruited kids to Rice, Tulsa and Pitt, promising to be there for them and help develop their skills and then left in a heartbeat each time shows he has little commitment to the players and is all about his personal ambition. We don't need that as part of our program.

No to Miles because of the refusal to hold kids accountable for getting into trouble. If a kid has two sexual assaults you don't let the team vote him back as a starter (and let's not forget his quarterback got run out of UGA for a sexual assault arrest also).

Nicely put & completely agree.

I was doing some consulting work at Rice and was actually doing the work for my friend Chris Del Conte. He had really gone out of his way to get Graham the money he said it would take to keep him, after all Graham had just gotten Rice into a bowl game for the first time since, well since fire was invented. Graham shook Del Conte's hand, looked him in the eye and said he was committed to Rice and he had his word. Graham proceeded to go in the bathroom down the hall and called Tulsa and said here's the number Rice gave me, if you match it I'll come back to Tulsa. Tulsa agreed and Graham left the building without telling anyone. del Conte got suspicious and ran Out of his office, right by me, yelling words he does not use, and out to the parking lot where he confronted Graham as he got in his car. Graham just shrugged hs shoulders and said he was going back to Tulsa. No apology, explanation or anything. Graham is the only person I have EVER heard Chris speak poorly of.

When Major, who was Graham's OC came back to UT, I had the opportunity to bring up the subject of the incident. It was a team lunch on Gameday and there were several other coaches at the table so Major shouldn't have said anything derogatory but he DID say Graham left a lot of people at the alter that day.

All Graham had to do was be honest with Del Conte that day but, as he has demonstrated many times in his career, he chose not to.

Edited by POCKEY