Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

latest update from Chip will make you hate Mack even more

DizzG

Further goes into Mack and Powers being in cahoots to torpedo Saban. That the large donor base is very upset including the very top of the food chain. That Mack threatened in the meeting yesterday to go public to the press about the inside effort to take him down and that got back to Saban's camp

Chip is going nuclear on Mack. He seems really upset he got f##ked with and Mack is trying to take down OB.com and other media

this weekend will be very interesting. I suspect the Billionaires are not going down without a punch to Powers

Chip is 100% accurate. I've have had the opportunity to work with those who have seen this side of Mack. He has two personas, the public side which is the great ambassador, etc and the internal side which is the vindictive, control the message, worry about who is saying what, etc. It doesn't surprise me at all that Mack is controlling this whole thing.

Taking on billionaires is a really bad idea. How do you think they become billionaires? They run the state of Texas. They are going to pick our next Governor. Do you think they cannot handle a Cal-Berkley grad and whiny self important mangina who has overstayed his welcome. Mack isn't Michael in this story; he's Fredo.

It sure looks like we are stuck with Mack, whether we like it or not. I have a signed collage of pictures from the final Lonestar Showdown. It's signed by Mack and Justin Tucker. I was ready to bring it here to the office and hang it proudly, because that's how I want to remember Mack. Now I view him in a completely different light.

Rich people don't go to jail. However, the people that clean up their messes do. The BMD's money will dry up faster than a muddy stock tank in July. They are going to hang him out to dry and I can't wait to see it.

Further goes into Mack and Powers being in cahoots to torpedo Saban. That the large donor base is very upset including the very top of the food chain. That Mack threatened in the meeting yesterday to go public to the press about the inside effort to take him down and that got back to Saban's camp

Chip is going nuclear on Mack. He seems really upset he got $#@!ed with and Mack is trying to take down OB.com and other media

this weekend will be very interesting. I suspect the Billionaires are not going down without a punch to Powers

I agree, short of naming names Chip let him have it. If he was pissed before, this will really get him going.

I just dont see a real logical way Mack can come back after this mess. He may have just wanted no Saban, but I wont be shocked at all if he still steps down now

I might be in the minority but I believe he will step down. ESPN Radio, for what it's worth, this morning quoted Powers & Patterson as saying that it is in Mac's court and his decision. This might be Mac's out in controlling the message which is what he has wanted the whole time.

I believe this was nothing more than a mole hunt. Belmont wants to control the message and when all of the smoke clears will control the message. I don't think MB comes back after the bowl game. I think MB agreed to help take down these websites on his way out. I think Powers, Patterson, Jamail, McCombs and MB devised this plan to give the middle finger to OB, IT etc...by allowing the reports of NS reach a feverish pitch and then wait NS out,knowing he would get tired of the commotion and sign his extension with Alabama.

Two options from here on:

1. Show Mack he is and will never be larger than the UofT. (Force him out...termination, resignation, etc. just FORCE HIM OUT!)

2. Bow down to him and allow him to dictate what ever he wants. (Gets a raise after an 8-5 2014 season and coaches through 2020.)

If we land a big time coach, we will begin to start remembering the good that Mack brought to Texas. Until then, if he is still around, it will get darker and darker around here. I just wish the folks in charge would see that Mack needs to go. Period.

I believe this was nothing more than a mole hunt. Belmont wants to control the message and when all of the smoke clears will control the message. I don't think MB comes back after the bowl game. I think MB agreed to help take down these websites on his way out. I think Powers, Patterson, Jamail, McCombs and MB devised this plan to give the middle finger to OB, IT etc...by allowing the reports of NS reach a feverish pitch and then wait NS out,knowing he would get tired of the commotion and sign his extension with Alabama.

After the fall out this assessment seems to be the most accurate. UT "sources" were either duped themselves or there was intentional false information put out to fan the flames of Saban to UT to make certain media outlets and reporters look bad (which worked perfectly). Saban and Sexton used this situation to their advantage by amazingly staying quiet long enough to "concern" Alabama with TWO contract extension offers.

Masterfully played by S&S.....however, the one flaw with this strategy is it makes our President, AD, and BMD look like buffoons. Of course, this all goes away rather quickly if Mack retires and we actually hire a top tier coach. The Longhorn community will unite around the right hire.....in the mean time we have a House divided and Mack Brown is the pinnate for all of the upset fans.

Jamail and McCombs are the only BMDs calling the shots now the others have been exposed and neutered. That was the plan all along. This allows the new AD to control the message from this point forward.

This.

I simply cannot believe that the effort to get Saban was a uniform, unanimously supported decision and that one man stopped it (Mack).

That's an extremely simple and convenient explanation for an exceedingly complex situation.

... ESPN Radio, for what it's worth, this morning quoted Powers & Patterson as saying that it is in Mac's court and his decision....

If this is true, then Patterson should just leave now. I do not see how he or the perception of him could ever recover. The boos are going to be raining down if Mack is on the sidelines again.

What a horrible state of affairs.

What was the point to begin with? Dodds could have done all this without ever leaving bed.

Was this part of the package when he signed on? Is he afraid of Mack? Afraid of someone(s) else? What good is a scared AD? He was supposed to be a bold instigator of change.

And since when do employees determine when their employment contracts are terminated? Patterson must have somehow avoided Contract Law because this is not how it works.

If this is true, then Patterson should just leave now. I do not see how he or the perception of him could ever recover. The boos are going to be raining down if Mack is on the sidelines again.

I've been saying this all year but you people would stop going to the damn games and giving them money it would send a MUCH bigger message than booing. An empty stadium would be very embarrassing to these idiots in bellmont.

Interesting question. Which is worse?

Empty seats or a consistent crescendo of boos?

I vote boos since it will be clear to Mack (as well as Steve, Bill and Deloss) who they are directed at.

We already know they notice - as MB's mug was never shown again on the jumbotron after he was booed once.