Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Deal is not Dead

johnabeard

Do you seriously think Mack can right the ship? Give me a freakin break. The last 4 years have been a joke and he can turn it around in the next couple of years? He wants the all time win record and will be here until he gets it. It's all about Mack. He is a hated man and UT would be stupid keeping him around even after he is no longer head coach. FUMB and I am so done with UT football. Rot in hell MB.

Just two days ago, we all knew mack wasn't going to announce his retirement at the banquet Friday night, all he did was deflect the questions, he never once said I will be the head coach in 2014. The latest on espn that mack will make a decision on his own time.

there cant be any deal with saban till mack steps down period, its against the law.

Saban is the sneakiest coach out there, especially after the way he left Miami.

my theory is mack steps down within a few days like he was suppose to do after the banquet so it could be about the kids, and then texas makes an 8 mill offer to saban what happens then is all speculation

Sorry...but this is the type of delusion that has made the Longhorn program the laughing stock of the nation right now. Please stop....don't stoke the flames with your uninformed opinion that some poster will run off and claim as fact on a dozen other boards.

Dont know why people are keeping on this "Mack wont be back" when everything says that he will. Its done and over. Time to recruit and hopefully right the ship.

Mack may come back but if you go off of yesterday it seems people went out of their way to not say he's coming back. Even at the Banquet Patterson nor Powers said anything about Mack as a coach next year - they totally avoided that word and only mentioned working with him in the future - which could easily be his ceremonial position he likely gets when he retires. No one would utter one word about Mack coaching next year including Mack himself to ESPN

That to me suggests this is far from over and decided. If it was there would have been no reason to avoid the subject and there are reports out there coaches nor players/recruits have been told anything about Mack staying as of last night. Seems they would have been told if that were the case

Bet you Mack will be back for one maybe two seasons. They will let him get the overall win record and then retire. Dont know why people are keeping on this "Mack wont be back" when everything says that he will. Its done and over. Time to recruit and hopefully right the ship.

If the powers that be allow him back for the sole purpose of breaking DKR's then they can and should burn in hell.

Sorry...but this is the type of delusion that has made the Longhorn program the laughing stock of the nation right now.

It's true. We are looking pretty bad. Our entire athletic department is controlled by a handful of aged, prickly, egomaniacal billionaires who protect the job of their buddy who protects the financial security of his buddies (using our money). There is no accountability. All our major programs have been out of contention for several years yet are allowed to simply muddle along. And why? Because we recruit "good kids who graduate?" The whole imagery that is forced on everyone that "We're Texas" is delusional. What does that even mean anymore? We are mid-level conference performers in all sports? (dont mean to step on Volleyball's toes - yay them!). Our athletic department is bloated and inefficient. And it has been going on for years as no one over there notices or even cares. "We're a joke" seems a more accurate slogan.

It's true. We are looking pretty bad. Our entire athletic department is controlled by a handful of aged, prickly, egomaniacal billionaires who protect the job of their buddy who protects the financial security of his buddies (using our money). There is no accountability. All our major programs have been out of contention for several years yet are allowed to simply muddle along. And why? Because we recruit "good kids who graduate?" The whole imagery that is forced on everyone that "We're Texas" is delusional. What does that even mean anymore? We are mid-level conference performers in all sports? (dont mean to step on Volleyball's toes - yay them!). Our athletic department is bloated and inefficient. And it has been going on for years as no one over there notices or even cares. "We're a joke" seems a more accurate slogan.

Or our boosters pulled what Auburn did with Tubberville when they tried to get Petrino but failed. same thing.

Bet you Mack will be back for one maybe two seasons. They will let him get the overall win record and then retire. Dont know why people are keeping on this "Mack wont be back" when everything says that he will. Its done and over. Time to recruit and hopefully right the ship.

Ok, I'll bite. 5 dollars says Mack is gone. Anymore than that and I have to get permission from my wife.

Just two days ago, we all knew mack wasn't going to announce his retirement at the banquet Friday night, all he did was deflect the questions, he never once said I will be the head coach in 2014. The latest on espn that mack will make a decision on his own time.

there cant be any deal with saban till mack steps down period, its against the law.

Saban is the sneakiest coach out there, especially after the way he left Miami.

my theory is mack steps down within a few days like he was suppose to do after the banquet so it could be about the kids, and then texas makes an 8 mill offer to saban what happens then is all speculation

Seriously. It's time to stop being delusional. That's not happening.

Keep telling yourself that and quit lying already. You are making the program look ridiculous. You werent in the board meetings nor were you in Sexton's office. quit making claims to which you no nothing about personally. Its really getting old.

Your buddy Mack is the queen of ridiculousness. You can run and tell dat, home boy.