Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Update

MBHORNSFAN

Just an FYI for all of you who are hating etc. Ketch is doing a chat right now that he admits that Saban was all but a done deal. Also stated that a BOR member was emailing people on Wednesday saying Mack was stepping down and that Saban was a done deal. Now no one knows for sure why Saban walked but it appears because Mack was stalling. So believe what you want the Saban to Texas was solid up until tonight. Also Ketch said that Saban did in fact reach out to a very well respected Texas Ex yesterday to see if he would like to join his staff at Texas..

Edited by MBHORNSFAN

Just an FYI for all of you who are hating etc. Ketch is doing a chat right now that he admits that Saban was all but a done deal. Also stated that a BOR member was emailing people in Wednesday saying Mack was stepping down and that Saban was a done deal. Now no one knows for sure why Saban walked but it appears because Mack was stalling. So believe what you want the Saban to Texas was solid up until tonight. Also Ketch said that Saban did in fact reach out to a very well respected Texas Ex yesterday to see if he would like to join his staff at Texas..

I'm sure that guy was Ricky Williams.

I watched the banquet and never once did anyone directly say Mack was staying, If he was staying, why did they not use tonight to stick it to the insiders and just announce he was staying for 2014?

I find it ironic that the Mack stays group, who questioned every statement from insiders, are now using as proof that Mack is coming back, reports that Mack told a high school coach he was staying?

I have no inside information, but it seems highly likely that Mack put a wrench in the Saban to Texas plans, but will indeed step down after the Alamo Bowl. Nothing else makes any sense to me.

I have no inside information, but it seems highly likely that Mack put a wrench in the Saban to Texas plans, but will indeed step down after the Alamo Bowl. Nothing else makes any sense to me.

I'm thinking this as well. My 2 degrees in communication tells me the nonverbal language from both Sally and Mack were very telling. Sally looked like she wanted to either punch a baby or cry because someone died.

Sure, you can say "well Mack sounded great?!" Keep in mind, he has experience in speaking to this crowd and he has very good facework skills. If I were Mack, I just would have negotiated a deal to where I'm the prime fundraiser/speaker for UT. He, without any training, has a knack for that.

I'm thinking this as well. My 2 degrees in communication tells me the nonverbal language from both Sally and Mack were very telling. Sally looked like she wanted to either punch a baby or cry because someone died.

Sure, you can say "well Mack sounded great?!" Keep in mind, he has experience in speaking to this crowd and he has very good facework skills. If I were Mack, I just would have negotiated a deal to where I'm the prime fundraiser/speaker for UT. He, without any training, has a knack for that.

Everyone was choosing their words carefully. Even after it was over, a UT representative gave a no comment as a reply to a direct question. Mack accomplished what he wanted, and that was to screw the Saban deal. Sad that Powers and Patterson were such willing participants.

Sorry, but I absolutely do not believe that Saban walked because the deal might be delayed a few days. It looks more and more to me that he wanted an offer for Alabama to match. Lesson learned is that is better to wait until a deal is done to say public ally "done deal."

Sorry, but I absolutely do not believe that Saban walked because the deal might be delayed a few days. It looks more and more to me that he wanted an offer for Alabama to match. Lesson learned is that is better to wait until a deal is done to say public ally "done deal."

This and Sexton leveraging Texas for his boys' good.

Malzahn, Jimbo and now Saban... all got paid.

I think that's the point. The deal was going to be delayed considerably more that a few days.