Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

James Harrison must be stopped..

Yet another hit, to the head, by this coward and this time it was on UT alum Colt McCoy. The league must stop this asshole before he kills someone.

image.jpg

Worse yet the Browns putting McCoy back in two plays later. His dad this morning reported Colt afterward didn't remember the game. He blasted the Browns, as he should have.

Link:

Report: Colt McCoy's dad mad at team for putting son back in game

• Administrators

It was a vicious hit and Harrison should have been suspended from the league indefinitely years ago. My big beef in this is McCoy's dad. He needs to voice his concerns in private. Colt is a grown man and to have his "daddy" saying those things could really jeopardize his relationship with his teammates and coaching staff. First his wife.... Now his dad.... I feel really bad for the guy.

Colt, after the game, didn't even know what had happened. He had no memory of the game. You can't put that on the QB or any other player. You can't put the guy in because he gets up and puts on a helmet and says he is ready to play. People's thoughts on this has to change and not because it is Colt.

I am reminded of Merrill Hodge a RB who is now an ESPN analyst. He used to carry a note in his pocket for years after he was done with football because he would forget where lived. Roger Staubach's career was cut short by concussions and the last season Trey Newton had to give up football because of ongoing concussion syndrome.

Guys like Harrison, who says F@#K the rules I am going to continue to be a dirty football player and if you don't like it suspend me, should be taught a severe lesson. This was no mistake, this was a premeditated attempt to knock out a QB and if the Browns gave a shit about their own players, he would have succeeded.

I agree that Harrison needs to be punished. He has been making late, dirty hits every since he started. But Colt did pass the concussion tests on the sideline before he went back in. He wanted to put the team in a position to win the game. As a Browns fan, I can honestly say that Colt moved up a few notches in my eyes (and I loved the guy to start with). He is dedicated to the team and wants to win football games. Period.

Don't foget Colt more than likely said he was fine to go back in. The responsibility lies on the medical and coaching staff to ensure a player has the capacity to return to the field. In this case we are left to believe the word of Brad McCoy or the word of the Cleveland Browns staff. Gotta say that I agree with @bbdude on this about Brad McCoy backing off. Colt ain't a little boy any more and can and should stand up for himself.

• Administrators
Hey gang, I have a 31 year old son and he will always be my little boy and I will never not stand up for him. Don't piss me off by going after a dad who was defending his son, especially one whose son played for UT..

th_angry.jpg

I hear ya bro but I am worried about the shit he may take in the locker room. We know he's no daddy's boy but between this incident and his wife calling Collin Cowherd's show and saying all that crap about Texas players receiving improper benefits..... He just needs them to tone it down a bit.

I have 3 boys ages 9, 7 and 18 months. I will fight for them until the day I die. That's why we are good parents.

Harrison only got a one game suspension. What a F'n joke. He's a damned repeat, repeat, repeat etc offender and he clearly doesn't give a damn about losing a little money.

The NFL should've suspended his ass for the rest of the regular season and playoffs. Take away his ability to play and things may change with him, but doubtful.

• Administrators

Mike Holmgren, Browns President came out today and said that Colt was not checked for a concussion on the sideline before going back in the game. He didn't exhibit signs of a concussion they said. They need to take another look at that hit! Any dummy would know that he needed to be checked.

Troy Aikman got a concussion and on the sideline the knew how many fingers they were holding and even talked football, until someone noticed he was talking of a game he played in Henreitta HS in Ok..

The comment about no one was paying attention and didn't notice. How the hell can you miss that?

• Administrators
Troy Aikman got a concussion and on the sideline the knew how many fingers they were holding and even talked football, until someone noticed he was talking of a game he played in Henreitta HS in Ok..

The comment about no one was paying attention and didn't notice. How the hell can you miss that?

Ridiculous. Concussions are a bigger problem than ever now in the NFL and you would think teams would err on the side of caution. As Red Fox would say: Ya Big Dummies!

1267731551452.JPEG