Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Might be a good time for the insiders to say something.

_stampede_

Patterson, Brown, Powers and the who damned crew just gave the finger to the fambase. The "insiders" have to be humiliated and Texas is a laughingstock. I can't wait to hear the hate and venom raining down at DKR next year. I will personally mock any recruit who is dumb enough to sign to play for Mack Brown. At some point, we have to ditch the loser and find a winner. Fu@k Mack, fu@k Patterson, fu@ck the whole damned bunch of losers.

i'll give a non-biased opinion... those of us from other fanbases feel sorry for you guys. on the other hand we feel that there's some level of corruption for mack to grab them by the horns and stay. Also you have 2 certain insiders (not one on here) that are probably never going to be trusted again.

Hope Mack steps down in the best interest of the University.

Although not landing Saban is disappointing, let's move forward to the next best candidate. Maybe a younger candidate will serve best for Texas in the long run.

Saban is not coming because Powers and Patterson didn't have the stones to fire Mack. A complete and utter catastrophe for UT.

there are no insiders.

Mack is staying:

Brian perroni ‏@perroni247 33s

that's big news rt @bobbyburton247: Breaking: Source tells me that mack brown, following mtg w school prez and ad, will remain coach

dislike :(

We need to get ready to deliver hate and vitrol directed directly toward Steve Patterson and Mack Brown until both are gone. Any recruits who sign to play for Mack deserve all the humiliation and frustration that they know is coming. Enough is enough. After the second half of the Baylor game, how can anyone defend Mack's coaching ability?!

We need to get ready to deliver hate and vitrol directed directly toward Steve Patterson and Mack Brown until both are gone. Any recruits who sign to play for Mack deserve all the humiliation and frustration that they know is coming. Enough is enough. After the second half of the Baylor game, how can anyone defend Mack's coaching ability?!

All this happening on a day when Famour Jameis high school coach says he made over 10 calls to Mack Brown about FJ and Mack never returned any of his calls?

On the insider stuff..it is obvious that Mack did a "Crazy Ivan" and convinced Peterson and Powers to go along with him? Everyone was reporting Mack was gone. Even the LHN was saying Mack had probably coached his last game. What I can't understand is why would Texas hire an AD who obviously doesn't give a shit about the quality of athletics.

Never in play my a##.. he would have publicly put the rumors to rest days ago.

It was blatantly obvious. The guy was out recruiting all the top talent to Alabama. He had no reason to address something that didnt exist. This is the most fabricated case of nonsense I had ever seen and it never made any sense. None of it. We just got Tao'ed thats pretty sad.

Wow! There are some guys whose careers are gonna take a hit for this (Chip Brown, Ketch) if Mack is staying. Certainly makes paying for any "insider" site seem comparable to being member of UFO conspiracy theorists. Slightly disappointed about Saban, but Texas does not need Saban. Mack however absolutely has to go. I am trying to stay calm and reasonable, but I can't view a decision to keep Mack as anything more than a slap in the face to the alumni and fans and has nothing to do with job performance and everything to do with Powers and BMDs protecting their buddy.

Saban was NEVER in play. NEVER.

If the Associated Press had a message board, I'd invite you to go argue with them. They said a couple months back that you're wrong - and proved it.

I have texts in to both guys I've been talking to. I am waiting to hear back. Their delay tells me they're trying to figure out whats going on as I type.

As for what I can figure . . .

1. I don't care if BB said the sun would come up tomorrow, he saying it would cause me pause. He's simply the last to know on whatever happens with UT. I like him, too.

1A. ESPN, as powerful as they are, is not plugged into this situation. There's reason they interviewed McPhaul. ESPN may be plugged in on the Bama side, however.

2. IF Saban did in fact sign a contract - it could simply be upping the ante for UT and smells of a Mack that is being defiant. Saban may have determined that there's too much crap against the fan already with Mack and his situation might be better served without all that. Until UT gets its act together with Mack.

What do I believe at this point?

1. Mack is going to retire/resign. I still think it happens, perhaps tomorrow. If not, it's about to get ugly.

2. A contract extension does not spell the end for UT-Saban. We were going over their number anyway. Way over.

3. I'm ok if the Saban part doesn't come through. I'm not ok if the Mack part doesn't come through.

4. UT will hire the very best coach out there not named Saban if Saban-Texas just fell through.

If the Associated Press had a message board, I'd invite you to go argue with them. They said a couple months back that you're wrong - and proved it.

I have texts in to both guys I've been talking to. I am waiting to hear back. Their delay tells me they're trying to figure out whats going on as I type.

As for what I can figure . . .

1. I don't care if BB said the sun would come up tomorrow, he saying it would cause me pause. He's simply the last to know on whatever happens with UT. I like him, too.

1A. ESPN, as powerful as they are, is not plugged into this situation. There's reason they interviewed McPhaul. ESPN may be plugged in on the Bama side, however.

2. IF Saban did in fact sign a contract - it could simply be upping the ante for UT and smells of a Mack that is being defiant. Saban may have determined that there's too much crap against the fan already with Mack and his situation might be better served without all that. Until UT gets its act together with Mack.

What do I believe at this point?

1. Mack is going to retire/resign. I still think it happens, perhaps tomorrow. If not, it's about to get ugly.

2. A contract extension does not spell the end for UT-Saban. We were going over their number anyway. Way over.

3. I'm ok if the Saban part doesn't come through. I'm not ok if the Mack part doesn't come through.

4. UT will hire the very best coach out there not named Saban if Saban-Texas just fell through.

Yeah, that they asked. he said no thanks. END OF STORY. until it popped up on our boards and somehow a major rumor was started EVERY major game they had this year. get real dude, take off the burnt orange blinders. you were wrong. sorry.