Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
beevomav

Brandon Moore Commits to Texas

Brandon Moore is huge at 6-foot-7 and 330 pounds he will fit in nicely with the returning defensive lineman freshman Taylor Bible (6-5, 315); freshman De'Aires Cotton (6-4, 297); freshman Greg Daniels (6-5, 280); sophomore Ashton Dorsey (6-5, 295); sophomore Calvin Howell (6-4, 290); sophomore Chris Whaley (6-3, 279); and freshman Desmond Jackson (6-1, 285).

Moore, a defensive tackle, is a Junior college transfer from Scooba, Miss./East Mississippi Community College and was recruited by defensive tackle coach Bo Davis. He has been recruited hard by Miami and Florida.

I also like the kids confidence, shown in this quote:

"I already knew what I could do. He knows, too," Moore said of Coach Davis. "I went to the game [on Nov. 19 against Kansas State] and saw what they had. They need some help. I can give it to them. I feel like I can rush the passer and stop the run. I think I can do some things immediately to help them out."

This year marks a change in recruiting. The Longhorns have not looked at Juco players and for the most part recruited Texas primarily. In fact prior to yesterday Brown had recruited two Juco players in his time at Texas. Now Moore joins Donald Hawkins (Senatobia, Miss./Northwest Mississippi Community College) committed as well. Hawkins is a 6-foot-5 defensive lineman.

Both are expected to make an impact on the team in 2012..

Hook Em Boys..

imghook%20em%20horns2.jpg

I am pumped about the JUCO commits. Hard to believe that Texas doesn't scout the JUCO players like a lot of other schools in the Big XII do. This recruiting class has been monstrous to say the least and if we can pinpoint the qb position better we are going to light it up next year.

Curious enough about Moore was he played for Saban in 2009 (only a few games) and Saban suspended him indefinitely for violating team rules. He went on to a juco in Mississippi and was being recruited heavily by Florida and The U.

Talent galore and thank goodness he will be wearing burnt orange next year.