Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yesterday was a good day for The University of Texas

FtBendHorn

I'm a huge football fan but a UT graduate first and foremost. Keeping Rick (I can't remember the department of education) Perry out of our business was a huge win for the The University of Texas. Ok, back to coaches and timelines.

Bill Powers needs to deliver an address to the alumni and all other interested parties to set forth his vision and for the University. If he were to articulate the situation as he sees it and sets forth the metrics he agrees to be held accountable to, he will blunt the ability of others to use the University in their political games. As it is, few of us today have any idea what he sees as the future of the University and what would constitute successful or impotent leadership on the part of Powers. I agree his protecting the University from Perry's politically driven "reforms" has been huge. Yesterday's meeting largely ended Perry's ability to force his stupidity on UT (aggy, however, is getting a new President and he is a non-academic lobbying crony of Perry's). We now need to know where the University is headed and what agenda deserves our vigilance and support. (Cleaning up the rot within Bellmont would be a nice item to include on that agenda - starting today, not tomorrow, not next week, not a number of weeks from now and not after next season).

I'm a huge football fan but a UT graduate first and foremost. Keeping Rick (I can't remember the department of education) Perry out of our business was a huge win for the The University of Texas. Ok, back to coaches and timelines.

Don't misunderstand the situation from yesterday. This was not a Perry attack this was a statement from UT people. You need to handle Mack situation for we will handle you.

Don't misunderstand the situation from yesterday. This was not a Perry attack this was a statement from UT people. You need to handle Mack situation for we will handle you.

That is exactly what happened. It was implied or even said outright, you keep your job as long as Mack leaves, and soon

a good day for all of us......Hook'em