Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know some will disagree with this

el mahico

I think Mack is handling this very well when it comes to recruiting because it portrays him as faithful to Texas and helps his victim public perception. Internally, I think he is handling this poorly now that the report was leaked. He sees that he holds all the cards now and is playing hard ball.

Hey EM, as posted on another thread glad you are up here!

I don't know all the behind the scenes stuff but it does not seem like Texas as an institution is in front if this and is the one dictating terms.

Again I keep reading stuff up here about how Mack is "making it tough" and even demanding more money on the exit. Really? This seems completely ludicrous to me.

Mack deserves our thanks and he deserves our respect, but I believe we deserve his, too. And I'm not claiming he isn't; again my knowledge of the situation is limited to what I've been reading up here.

But what I've been reading up here has made me lose some respect for the guy.

Shrug. It will all work out in the end. And I definitely agree that most of us are probably just being overly anxious. After all we've been waiting for this since BYU (and many of us longer).

It just seems to me though that UT would have had a schedule in place weeks ago for how things would flow this week regarding Mack (not so much Saban as there are other moving parts). But to coin a phrase, it seems the inmates are running the asylum, to an extent.

But Mack's handling this well, imo. He could easily make this whole thing a nightmare for Texas. He's not. Just about any other coach would be talking to the media and making things more difficult. I think we're all just expecting too much given the circumstances. Everyone keeps bringing up USC. USC didn't fire a legend. They fired a JAG that nobody will talk about anymore and who didn't deserve that job. What's going on right now is a soap opera because that's the only way it could be in this scenario. Texas splitting ways with one of it's top 2 coaches ever and about to potentially hire maybe the best ever. This is kind of a big deal.

Good post! Makes a lot of sense.

Hey EM, as posted on another thread glad you are up here!

I don't know all the behind the scenes stuff but it does not seem like Texas as an institution is in front if this and is the one dictating terms.

Again I keep reading stuff up here about how Mack is "making it tough" and even demanding more money on the exit. Really? This seems completely ludicrous to me.

Mack deserves our thanks and he deserves our respect, but I believe we deserve his, too. And I'm not claiming he isn't; again my knowledge of the situation is limited to what I've been reading up here.

But what I've been reading up here has made me lose some respect for the guy.

Shrug. It will all work out in the end. And I definitely agree that most of us are probably just being overly anxious. After all we've been waiting for this since BYU (and many of us longer).

It just seems to me though that UT would have had a schedule in place weeks ago for how things would flow this week regarding Mack (not so much Saban as there are other moving parts). But to coin a phrase, it seems the inmates are running the asylum, to an extent.

yea, like I said banquet weekend and the timing of the dark window in recruiting kinda all came together. Texas always does things with a plan and Patterson is leading us in the right direction. He will have earned his salary by January.

Well after the banquet and all the speculation flying around, I'll go ahead and say that I don't think that Mack handled it well. If we ever get the real truth and find out that Mack did in fact ruin Texas shot at Saban I would hope that your mind would change as well.

Right now, Mack's legacy will be forever tarnished in my mind and I speculate MANY others.

yea, like I said banquet weekend and the timing of the dark window in recruiting kinda all came together. Texas always does things with a plan and Patterson is leading us in the right direction. He will have earned his salary by January.

I have always liked your stuff as a whole EM. But this one smells on Mack and Powers side of things. Sounds like that put there personal agenda ahead of the Football program, and that is not the way to do things.

JimR, glad to see you on this board. As a former Longhorn baseball star, you are far from a "nobody" here. You can see things from a different perspective than 99% of the rest of us. I haven't always agreed with everything you've said, but I have always admired your contribution to Longhorn athletics. Hope you become a regular poster over here.

beware of a man who smells of salmon