Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OC Candidates

Darrell McPhaul

Why is nobody interested in Major being groomed under the new staff? He has been handcuffed by MB, how do we know he isn't the answer if given a chance? Or is it assumed he is going with Will?

Please, no more grooming while on the job, especially a position as important as the OC with a new staff. Major-handcuffed or not--needs to get out and proven himself somewhere else before coming back (if he does). And we don't know for certain how much he's been handcuffed by Mack, when all is said and done

Possibly because I want to believe, and also because I believe that Nick Saban is a man of action.

I was around when Mack Brown was hired. Everything happened quickly. The Power Brokers at Texas have a plan, and when it is time to execute, they do so with flawless precision. Anything else creates a much higher risk of failure. I think Saban understands our Power Brokers, probably more than Mack Brown ever did.

How many times have our PB's offered head coaches a 'blank check' to get any assistant they wanted? They gave Mackovic one, and he hired Bobby Jack Wright to fix our defense, Bobby Jack Wright! They gave Brown one, and he hired Harsin (who I liked) and Manny Diaz. Manny who? Saban evidently knows what to do with a blank check and understands the idea behind it. To me it's simple, 'Please feel free to hire the best staff you can find, oh, and money is no object.'

It's nice to find a head coach that is secure enough to hire great coordinators. Ain't life grand?

We might want to thank these guys, all of them.

By the way,

Hook 'em!

java

Yes I confirmed again. Contract is in house. No I don't know length or amount because I never press on details like that but it is complete. I asked him about Morris and he is a guy they like but don't think will happen.

So you're saying we currently have two head coaches?

Edited by HornNdriftwood

Major has been under appreciated from the word "go"! I was in the stands in 2001 for the Big 12 Championship when he came in with 2:00 left in the half and threw an 80 yd strike for a TD to give us hope. He is one of us! He was stripped by MB from being one of the best ever!! Why are we so quick to believe the hype on other OC's when Major hasn't had " once again" the opportunity to prove himself!!! I am on board with the new regime, but DAMN, let's stand up for OURS!!

the money that's going to be spent for a staff will be an amazing number. One of the top recruiting coordinators in the country is rumored to be on the way if Saban inks the deal. And yes, recruiting is going to get fun again really soon.

Do you think the Receivers coach from Bama is coming?

Here is a name that some of you may have forgotten about as an OC...Todd Dodge

besides his UT past, he built some powerhouse at SL Carroll and obviously knows how to develop QB talent based on how many he sent to major college programs

There's no way we'll have a signed contract for a new coach when the old coach has not officially resigned.

Maybe I misunderstood what Austinhorn was trying to say. (very possible!)

What I got is that Saban has agreed in principle to the contract that is in the department. Remember, just because it's signed by Saban doesn't mean anything if it's not signed by the Texas side of things. So it's not impossible to actually have a signed contract.

What I was trying to say is that his source is legit. The person telling him what he is sharing would know what's going on.

Major has been under appreciated from the word "go"! I was in the stands in 2001 for the Big 12 Championship when he came in with 2:00 left in the half and threw an 80 yd strike for a TD to give us hope. He is one of us! He was stripped by MB from being one of the best ever!! Why are we so quick to believe the hype on other OC's when Major hasn't had " once again" the opportunity to prove himself!!! I am on board with the new regime, but DAMN, let's stand up for OURS!!

Major was awful as an OC. I hope he is the 2nd to go.

What I got is that Saban has agreed in principle to the contract that is in the department. Remember, just because it's signed by Saban doesn't mean anything if it's not signed by the Texas side of things. So it's not impossible to actually have a signed contract.

What I was trying to say is that his source is legit. The person telling him what he is sharing would know what's going on.

Not trying to impugn his source. Don't even know who it is.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs, but if it's not signed by all parties it's not a "contract."