Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm surprised

MBHORNSFAN

I am really surprised how far behind the Saban story most of the national guys are. They're all saying at 100% Saban will not come to Texas. Several at ESPN this morning said Saban never really considered leaving Bama for Texas. How can these people be so far behind? Do they have some bias(SEC)?

I am really surprised how far behind the Saban story most of the national guys are. They're all saying at 100% Saban will not come to Texas. Several at ESPN this morning said Saban never really considered leaving Bama for Texas. How can these people be so far behind? Do they have some bias(SEC)?

Of course they do. Don't get me wrong, they want a strong coach at UT for the LHN, but not at the expense of the premiere program of their self-appointed premiere conference.

It's astonishing actually. They are all unanimous in the thinking that he's staying. Nobody can comprehend that Saban might actually be leaving.

Just more of the same of them inserting themselves into the story instead of reporting it. Once Saban becomes UT's coach then they will be talking about how improbable it is for the next 4-5 hour news cycle, they are as predictable in their shitty reporting as aggy is at being mediocre.

Edited by NLeininger

Actually, I'm a little let down by the fact that the national guys are even being asked the question. We've known (or hoped) that Saban was coming for so long that I was looking forward to the sports world completely freaking out when it was announced out of the blue. That would have been a huge shock to the nation!

i am not... any "source" they would have is not giving them what they need to move on with the story. We are fortunate and unique @ hornsports. secondly, if Saban To Texas happens the secsecsec love fest will die in about 3/4 years. the coaching is what elevated that conference you have a Saban departure, Spur at the end of his coaching days and you are left with les miles, gus, and richt carrying the torch. i think this is an epic power grab by Texas with many different layers. that fear is why the national guys are hoping it doesnt happen. they have a vested interest of not waking up the sleeping giant.

until saban says so and show up to a pc...then hes the coach at bama and theres no news to report...hell we still have a coach here who is fighting for his job...yes yes i hope McPhaul sources are correct but untill i see saban in burnt orange i just cant believe it...but if he does show up omg the media will blow the f up...eat crow and all!

Instead of being surprised by it, perhaps you should consider the possibility that Saban isn't coming here. Its naive to believe that all the stuff we have been told by the "insiders" wouldn't have trickled over to the Bama side. The only thing we know for 100% certainty is that Nick Saban is about to get a HUGE raise.

I was watching ESPN this morning when they were talking about Mack and they added "And University of Texas President Bill Powers may be gone today also as his future is the topic of a BOR meeting." If they actually believe Powers was about to get fired by the BOR, they are clueless as to what is going on in Austin and with the University of Texas. To me it seems they are lost on the whole dynamic that is going on around the program and the school.

Instead of being surprised by it, perhaps you should consider the possibility that Saban isn't coming here. Its naive to believe that all the stuff we have been told by the "insiders" wouldn't have trickled over to the Bama side. The only thing we know for 100% certainty is that Nick Saban is about to get a HUGE raise.

it has trickled down. its been said even by SEC homers like Paul Finebaum that bama people are worried

the Bama AD wont even comment on Saban's future and deflects questions.

Even the conservative OB is saying Saban is vetting staff for Texas. Maybe he signs the deal...maybe he doesnt, but at this point there is too much out there (even starting to hit nationally) to think this is all the product of some creative insiders

I have considered that but I think there is way too much smoke. I believe now Saban is coming to UT

My best guess is that from ESPN's perspective, and because of the LHN, they do not want to be seen as having had any undue influence on Saban leaving Alabama.

They were certainly slow to begin reporting this story, which is a pretty big one within the college game.

While on most stories, they trip over themselves and everyone else claiming to be "the first to report" whatever it may be.

So, I think the various show producers were instructed, by the upstairs powers, to go slow, be overly cautious and report with bias towards Saban remaining at Bama.

My best guess is that from ESPN's perspective, and because of the LHN, they do not want to be seen as having had any undue influence on Saban leaving Alabama.

They were certainly slow to begin reporting this story, which is a pretty big one within the college game.

While on most stories, they trip over themselves and everyone else claiming to be "the first to report" whatever it may be.

So, I think the various show producers were instructed, by the upstairs powers, to go slow, be overly cautious and report with bias towards Saban remaining at Bama.

Possible.

My guess is that since things are in such a state of flux and there is little traditionally sourced information to go on, a number of media types would rather miss out on this story (or come to the party late) than get it wrong. Details will almost certainly change as things either come together or fall apart and there will be plenty of time when things start happening to jump on the story. After all, pretty much the only people who are watching this story evolve and who have a clue there is a divide in expectations are the UT fans. I don't even think the Bama fanbase is getting the supposed confirmed information we are reading from guys like McPhaul and Shuttlesworth.