Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why isn't there more chatter?

If Saban to Texas is a done deal surely more people than Hornsports posters know about it. Yet it's hard to find anything at all.

Just seems like there would have to be a few leaks and I can't seem to find anything.

I'm not calling out our insiders. This is an honest question. Enough people would have to know that the story should at least be floating, yet all you see is that it's not happening.

Help me out here.

I think there a couple of things in play here. First and unfortunately Texas still has a head coach, second Saban has conveniently been on the recruiting trail all week and so he has not been available for any comment, and third I don't think Sabans agent will leak anything until Mac announces he's leaving. Also most media outlets will not report on anything unless they can get multiple sources which they probably haven't able to do. I'm sure there's other reasons but these are just a few possibilities that came to mind.

• Administrators
If Saban to Texas is a done deal surely more people than Hornsports posters know about it. Yet it's hard to find anything at all.

Just seems like there would have to be a few leaks and I can't seem to find anything.

I'm not calling out our insiders. This is an honest question. Enough people would have to know that the story should at least be floating, yet all you see is that it's not happening.

Help me out here.

Brasky - I'm coming over tomorrow. I'll bring beer.

With all due respect, maybe we aren't getting info as it happens. Maybe it drips at predetermined intervals, or at least as controlled as possible. Maybe the Saban "agreement" has been on ever since McPhaul told us it was...Camp Saban just needed to know for themselves Mack was truly gone. Maybe Belmont called Chip (it easily could have been McP's guy calling him) to force the situation bc Camp Saban hadn't heard a definitive time table, as may have been originally discussed.

Once news was out, nationally, Camp Saban actually (without a January-2013-doubt, 100%) knew Mack Brown was gone.

It's happening.

Help me out here.

Perhaps you should turn on ESPN... It is being beaten like a dead horse every hour over there. they speculate as to who the next coach will be then Herbstriet comes on gives his two cents about how Mack deserves better.

I find it incredibly interesting that we aren't hearing more chatter from the people we would ordinarily expect to hear a lot of it from. Guys like Tim Brando, who is an SEC-centric guy with his own talk show hasn't touched the subject as of late. Mrsec.com has only managed to find the cbssports.com article mocking the process of UT finding a new coach. Clay Travis put out an incredibly weak piece talking about possible replacements for Mack that included Major Applewhite, Kevin Sumlin, Will Muschamp and Mike Gundy. Does ANYONE wearing burnt orange think for a second any of those coaches would stand a chance of being HC at Texas?

If it were possible to shoot down the Saban-to-Texas story, it would be the SEC-centric writers (not Finebaum-esque "analysts") with leaks and rumors from their SEC sources. Its been crickets from those guys. They know the sources. This is potentially a HUGE story and they haven't been able to tamp it down.

If Saban goes to Texas, it will be interesting to hear certain people explain why arguably the best coach in the game decided to take a step down in prestige after winning 3 of the last 4 MNCs (after all, isn't even the weakest SEC team far more prestigious than the best Big 12 team?). I can't wait to hear how that is going to be explained by those we know whose purpose in life is to slavishly worship all things redneck and who find importance in life by metaphorically fellating all things SEC (ie: those in farmville).

sec guys dont want it to happen.. this will dramacticaly change the big 12 landscape..lhn will thrive and get picked up even by more carriers..theres no way ut or the bmds will let this out untill mack is gone..expect if this is to happen it will come within 5 days of macks announcement.if it drags past a week saban isnt coming move on...

What your men see:

I died laughing at the shotgun gif.

More like he's expecting to come home to this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]407[/ATTACH] and [ATTACH=CONFIG]408[/ATTACH]

but instead he's stuck with:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]409[/ATTACH] and [ATTACH=CONFIG]410[/ATTACH]

That's hilarious! Our poor men. He comes home to grilled cheese quite often. Although, I do put in a little effort and make it on the stove instead of microwave.