Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Now that the staff,team and admin have been informed of the transition, our goods friends at Belmont have shared with us that the mood around the program is a mixture of gloom & doom mostly on the admin side and excitement with a bit of anxiety from the players side.

I'm curious why you and others use Belmont? I thought athletics have left Belmont? Just asking..

Now that the staff,team and admin have been informed of the transition, our goods friends at Belmont have shared with us that the mood around the program is a mixture of gloom & doom mostly on the admin side and excitement with a bit of anxiety from the players side.

If the players were only told that Mac was stepping down I find the excitement part interesting. Did the players stop listening to Mac long ago and they are just as glad to see him go as the rest of us? If this is the case that is very telling.

If the players were only told that Mac was stepping down I find the excitement part interesting. Did the players stop listening to Mac long ago and they are just as glad to see him go as the rest of us? If this is the case that is very telling.

This is indeed the case for the majority of the team.

That's pretty much what I'd expect. A lot of the admin side are soon to be unemployed and the players realize that some serious accountability is about to be introduced into the program. That will be a positive for some and a negative for others.
yep, first thoughts that came to mind for me as well.

'Course, due to my general nature, I'm still not wholly convinced of anything yet (at least as far as the next HC), but do feel like surely one way or the other Mack is moving (or already has moved) on. And that's the first really needed step. I won't say everything else is gravy ('cuz who knows what would happen if it's not NS), but it sure is a relief to know the general sluggishness and apathy will be removed.

Such et al say that it is 100 percent false that anyone has been informed. They even went so far to say it was a few coaches and players who said this. Is this part of controlling the message?

I don't know what the deal is but the IT insider who posted it said two players have been told directly and this insider is respected / former UT player

Such et al say that it is 100 percent false that anyone has been informed. They even went so far to say it was a few coaches and players who said this. Is this part of controlling the message?

Well, maybe who ever Ketch is talking is not aware yet? The person I spoke with gave this discription.

I'm sure Ketch will catch up;)

yep, first thoughts that came to mind for me as well.

'Course, due to my general nature, I'm still not wholly convinced of anything yet (at least as far as the next HC), but do feel like surely one way or the other Mack is moving (or already has moved) on. And that's the first really needed step. I won't say everything else is gravy ('cuz who knows what would happen if it's not NS), but it sure is a relief to know the general sluggishness and apathy will be removed.

Hey Bert, for what its worth I've always been far more worried about the Texas side of this deal (Mack exiting, Power following through, guys like Jamail not sabotaging, etc) than I have ever been about the Saban side of this deal. We had that side squared away for the most part months ago. So, know this...if Mack announces he's stepping down this week then you can feel certain Saban will be announced as the new Texas coach the following business day....ie. Mack announces on Thursday then Saban is introduced on Friday....if Mack announces on Friday then Saban is introduced on Monday.

McPhaul,

By informed do you mean that Mack is resigning and Saban is becoming coach, or that Mack is resigning.

I know Brian Davis and FatDog have to drowning their sorrows in a bucket or 15 of ice cream.

Saban can't sign until MACK makes it official and Mack keeps delaying the time interval that was initially agreed upon.

Hey Bert, for what its worth I've always been far more worried about the Texas side of this deal (Mack exiting, Power following through, guys like Jamail not sabotaging, etc) than I have ever been about the Saban side of this deal. We had that side squared away for the most part months ago. So, know this...if Mack announces he's stepping down this week then you can feel certain Saban will be announced as the new Texas coach the following business day....ie. Mack announces on Thursday then Saban is introduced on Friday....if Mack announces on Friday then Saban is introduced on Monday.

Good info. Baghorn. I've been skeptical it happens but I'm really hoping. Next few days will be something else that's for sure.

I stay confused..but I do have a question for anyone who may have an answer. Why is Mack out recruiting, and what the hell could he be telling recruits?

Mack owes it to the recruits to give them facetime during these uncertain times. Some of those recruits maybe being told it may a good idea to look elsewhere?

Or he could be reiterating that we need to see them at the Banquet?