Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Saban/Powers meeting

MBHORNSFAN

Cannot happen.

Saban is still an employee of U of A. No rep of Texas can talk to him without prior consent of U of A.

Sexton may be talking to Powers, and Saban talking to Sexton, but there cannot be any discourse between Saban and Powers or U of T would be liable for an incredible legal suit.

I'm splitting hairs, but that is what is done in these instances.

Chip will post late tonight that he has some new breaking news that he is waiting for final confirmation. Then tomorrow he will post that his sources have confirmed that saban and powers had a meeting.

No matter what you think about him, he is a professional and is going to check out anything.

Cannot happen.

Saban is still an employee of U of A. No rep of Texas can talk to him without prior consent of U of A.

Sexton may be talking to Powers, and Saban talking to Sexton, but there cannot be any discourse between Saban and Powers or U of T would be liable for an incredible legal suit.

This is true folks. Everyone needs to step back, let this breathe a bit and look for things to start popping tomorrow. Just try and understand that so many people are trying to "get the real scoop" and posting things that aren't helpful. Mack will be back tonight. Things are in motion. Contact with Saban cannot happen directly. Breathe and let things breathe a bit and you'll see things happen tomorrow.

I'm anxious too but right now, everyone just needs to step back and relax a bit.

Hook'em!

I really don't get all the vitriol towards Chip Brown. The guy is a great journalist with goods sources. Like I posted in a previous thread, the difference between Chip and a lot of bloggers is he will go on record with his real name backed with sources. That is called journalism my friends. Sure Chip has an occasional miss, but his batting average is pretty strong.

I really don't get all the vitriol towards Chip Brown. The guy is a great journalist with goods sources. Like I posted in a previous thread, the difference between Chip and a lot of bloggers is he will go on record with his real name backed with sources. That is called journalism my friends. Sure Chip has an occasional miss, but his batting average is pretty strong.

Im sure Chip believes what he has heard but IT has owned the Saban story since last year (with people like Chip and Ketch trashing them for the initital report on Sexton meeting with Texas) so at this point I think its pretty silly to cast them off as just "bloggers" because Kevin Berger posts under Jesus. The same as OB getting all the credit for the Mack story when even our Mcphaul here beat them long ago is silly

IT is an insider pay site just like OB with mods and multiple staff members who all post under regular names. JS's identity has not been a secret for a long time now

Im sure Chip believes what he has heard but IT has owned the Saban story since last year (with people like Chip and Ketch trashing them for the initital report on Sexton meeting with Texas) so at this point I think its pretty silly to cast them off as just "bloggers" because Kevin Berger posts under Jesus. The same as OB getting all the credit for the Mack story when even our Mcphaul here beat them long ago is silly

IT is an insider pay site just like OB with mods and multiple staff members who all post under regular names. JS's identity has not been a secret for a long time now

I agree DizzG. I guess I am just getting really tired of the pissing matches between the pay sites. I know JS identity has been out there for a while. I don't have a sub to IT, but I know they have been on top of this Saban story for a while as has McPhaul. That is why I really love this new site because it an exchange of all of the available information. At the end of the day I don't really care who broke the news first. I just want what is best for the University of Texas.

Dizz......

How is it semantics the man reporting what hes being told? Damn you have an ax to grind.

Hey Slot, Hope all is well! Was not taking a shot at Chip. Chip is great. What must of done a poor job of explaining is I really beleive Chip & Jesus know the same information. One chooses to share an optimistic view about what has transpire and the other one (Chip) is more conservative in his assessment of what is being shared

Cannot happen.

I'm not sure where you are getting your information, but its not from Nick Saban's employment contract. http://www.hornsports.com/docs/Nick_Saban_Contract.pdf

His contract only says he needs to inform the university before speaking to any other university or any pro team. Nothing about being prohibited from talking to anyone without permission from UA.

Also, Sexton, acting as agent, talking to anyone is not legally different from Saban talking to anyone.

Dizz you really do seem like a scorned lover with all things Orangebloods

I haven't been a fan of their information for at least the last year. The best thing about that place was OT threads. I also don't like how treat people which is why so many great posters have left. I don't hate chip but he's wrong a lot and hardly the only one out there with sources. Ketch's butthurt over IT is getting silly as well. I does bother me they get absolute credit for info others have had for months including Mcphaul

No way in hell OB uses other's information. I think McPhaul has done a great job, but OB can't run with that kind of info "Saban to Texas" when it for the most part is speculation and prediction. While I do trust McPhaul's info, OB can't run with anything like that until the pen hits the contract. OB will be the first to truly report it. They have the best sourcing and I believe they are the best.