Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Brown refutes story of him stepping down.

RoyalCrowns

I don't buy it. Denials happen all the time, look at the Deloss situation. At halftime on LHN, he denied reports of him stepping down... resigned a few weeks later.

McPhaul did a great job of saying it first that Mack would be st, and Chip Brown's sources through Belmont confirmed it.

Chip doesn't get the information he gets and go to print with it unless it's done. This is playing out the exact same way as Dodds' retirement went. Chip reports. Texas denies. Dodds retires.

Yeah, you don't run with what Chip put out there if there is any way it's false. That would be career suicide.

There won't be an announcement until the new coach is in place. When Belmont is ready to announce the date for Mack's press conference, you can rest assured that the new coach has been lined up. in other words, when a press conference is announced for Mack Brown, you can be assured that the next coach has been approved (all the I's dotted and T's crossed). Belmont is controlling the message here, and that is why they are currently denying all of the reports even though Mack is indeed gone.

There won't be an announcement until the new coach is in place. When Belmont is ready to announce the date for Mack's press conference, you can rest assured that the new coach has been lined up. in other words, when a press conference is announced for Mack Brown, you can be assured that the next coach has been approved (all the I's dotted and T's crossed). Belmont is controlling the message here, and that is why they are currently denying all of the reports even though Mack is indeed gone.

I was thinking that the next coach was already decided and that's why it's being leaked to someone like Chip that Mack will step down. Is this not true?

I was thinking that the next coach was already decided and that's why it's being leaked to someone like Chip that Mack will step down. Is this not true?

It has but there are additional things behind the scenes that need to happen before the PC is announced. This is why the "leaks" are coming out now but are still being "officially" denied.

I disagree. Chip has been wrong so many times since the DMN days.

Chip and Orangebloods have been behind on this story from the beginning. They aren't going to run with something like this without double or triple confirmations. And don't forget, Chip's story on Dodds retiring caused almost the exact same reaction and even caused Dodds to go on LHN at halftime of a game to deny. Then what happened? He retired or was retired a few weeks later.

I don't think Mack's retirement is going to be a secret through the weekend. The banquet is a perfect time and place for him to be honored.

Chip and Orangebloods have been behind on this story from the beginning. They aren't going to run with something like this without double or triple confirmations. And don't forget, Chip's story on Dodds retiring caused almost the exact same reaction and even caused Dodds to go on LHN at halftime of a game to deny. Then what happened? He retired or was retired a few weeks later.

I don't think Mack's retirement is going to be a secret through the weekend. The banquet is a perfect time and place for him to be honored.

I'm with you that I think Mack says sayonara by this weekend. Chip though is learning about having multiple sources before going with a story because he did not use to do so.