Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Mack Brown Announcement Has Me Irked Off

BevoBlake

Not because Mack Brown is stepping down, no I'm happy about that. But because now all of the sites reporting it, are crediting Chip and OB. McPhaul called this near a month ago. If anybody deserves the credit on this, it's McPhaul. Not Chip. Not OB. I'm not bashing Chip or OB. I'm simply stating that they don't deserve the credit on announcing the news.

Again there is a difference in being a reporter / journalist. Chip is a known entity with a long history. Insiders by in large are not as known. Just the way it works. Not saying it is fair.

To Chips credit, he has been saying for a long time that he believed that Mack was gone and had been hearing that it could happen. He tends to be more cautious in just coming out and saying. We need to keep this site vs site crap down. IT is almost unbearable because they spend more time bashing OB, even on the threads about the news. I am starting to spend most of my IT time here.

HornEsch - Again, I'm not bashing OB or Chip Brown. Chip's comments carry weight, that's why people are reporting on them. I'm simply stating, McPhaul made this very clear to us well over a month ago when Chip was sitting on his hands and talking possibilities. I'm not hating on Chip for that, it's the way he does his business and there's something good to be said of that. But it doesn't change the fact that it was McPhaul who broke the news that Brown would be gone.

do not be petty. who cares? McPhaul knows what he did.

Respectfully Jim, it's not being petty. I'm not going out to those sites to correct who first confirmed the news. I'm airing a small grievance on the lack of respect McPhaul got in this announcement. McPhaul put his reputation on the line a month ago and has been getting belittled on other sites for it since. Now those people are praising Chip on uncovering the same news that McPhaul announced in November.

I agree BevoBlake and I understand that point and honestly did not see it as a bash. I could just see some already getting the OB bash started. I really like IT for the JS content, but I hardly even open threads over there anymore because half the post are an OB bash fest.

McPhaul has been a favorite poster/insider for a long time. Used to defend the hell out of him against the angry mobs that OB has. So yes I know, I for one will most certainly give him a lot of credit for the news. Chip is good at putting the whole story into a great picture while not generally being first to report. That is why I love to get my news from all the sites.

Again there is a difference in being a reporter / journalist. Chip is a known entity with a long history. Insiders by in large are not as known. Just the way it works. Not saying it is fair.

To Chips credit, he has been saying for a long time that he believed that Mack was gone and had been hearing that it could happen. He tends to be more cautious in just coming out and saying. We need to keep this site vs site crap down. IT is almost unbearable because they spend more time bashing OB, even on the threads about the news. I am starting to spend most of my IT time here.

This.

We all know who has been out in front of this from the start. I'm telling you guys, Horn Sports is the fastest growing community out there. The others know it, too. We're just a bunch of good ol' boys that love our Longhorns. This site is blowing up right now as I type. Don't worry who takes credit. We know the truth and the truth is in membership, views and most importantly accuracy. Props to the staff here at HS. Well done! :)

Hey now.

Lets be fair about what happened.

IT and this board hardy said a word about OB's until Ketch started his crap of outing JS's real name and knocking McPhaul and IT.

What you are reading is the backlash of that. Had Ketch kept quiet nobody would be saying a thing.