Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

Saban to Texas?

Gonna go ahead and throw it out there. I have heard rumors over the last few weeks and saw this on twitter today. The guy makes a good point about recruiting. Also Mack Brown is the highest paid coach in NCAA football.

Take it with a grain of salt but it sure is tantalizing!

Nick Saban and the Longhorns « Loser with Socks

Funny it started with a blogger in Alabama who is a Auburn supporter. Later the rumor was posted in the forum at Burnt Orange Nation. That is how news is spread in today world. Starts with a blog, then someone in the media picks it up and next thing we will hear Saban tell us there is no truth to the story.

All that being said, Saban is a whore and it would not be the first time he has sold his soul for more money.

You cannot pay enough for the class Mack Brown commands. Saban is a horses ass but one of the best college coaches out there. Mack is not going anywhere anytime soon so I would shug the rumors off as just that - over the top rumors.

If you haven't yet seen this it is damn hilarious.

LSU_vs_Bama.gif

lsu_vs_bama_mediumlsu_vs_bama_medium

That is good stuff. I would like to see a change at Texas but only if we can get a guy like Saban. Mack is a nice guy and does a great job of representing the school but he is not a great coach from and X and O standpoint. Plus, why would Saban leave Alabama? He wouldn't!

Internet rumors are just that rumors, I'm not buying. By the way, just heard Arizona State has invited Mike Sherman in for an interview.

Haven't heard about the Sherman interview at ASU. Alabama's assistance coaches' names are being thrown around for head coaching positions though.