Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mack Brown, Bill Powers, and Steve Patterson

camross

Everything I have read from Chip on OB has put me more and more into panic mode. Chip Brown has been reporting that Mack wants to come back, Powers is 100% in control in his future, and he may allow Mack to come back. Patterson seems to have no power at all. What a clown show it is at what should be the greatest Athletic Department in the country. Does anyone have any positive news to report? If Mack comes back, or does not resign quickly, the Texas Football Program will continue to go down the tube. What is everyone's take on the situation?

Newsflash: Chip Brown has been wrong before! I think this thing is picking up steam. I believe Powers must either get on board, or get off the boat. Why would Mack want to come back when virtually the entire Longhorn Nation wants him gone? Take your buyout and exit with dignity. Should this become a pissing match between Powers and the BMDs along with the regents, Powers will not win. I believe all parties will do whatever is necessary to avoid a messy divorce. FWIW

You have to remember Chip reports what he hears from both his trusted sources and the official mouth-pieces at BM. If you read through his posts you will see that he says that he thinks Mack is gone. Journalist often report the "official" word along with sources they develop. You often have to read between the lines to get their true take on it. It is the only way to walk that fine line and keep their press access to the school. It is a different road than what the insiders take. Both have good value in their own right.

Edited by HornEsch

You have to remember Chip reports what he hears from both his trusted sources and the official mouth-pieces at BM. If you read through his posts you will see that he says that he thinks Mack is gone. Journalist often report the "official" word along with sources they develop. You often have to read between the lines to get their true take on it. It is the only way to walk that fine line and keep their press access to the school. It is a different road than what the insiders take. Both have good value you their own right.

Interesting, I had not thought of it like that. I'm buying into the Insiders' posts regarding Saban and I hope to God they are right.

I can't see a formal announcement coming until Wednesday at the earliest. The induction ceremony for Jerry Gray is tomorrow night and they wouldn't want to take any attention away from that. Also they wouldn't be back in Austin until tomorrow night/wed morning either. Given those realities, how long do they wait before announcing Saban? Can't announce while the corpse is still warm, regardless of how angry fans are it would show a complete lack of class for the University. On the other hand how long can Saban deflect the rumors?

This is going down exactly like I mentioned earlier.

The big money guys who are behind Saban, guys like Hicks and Moffitt and Rowling and the like, put on their selling shoes and sold Saban on Powers. Being as they are all made men in the business world you know when they talk, people listen. I don't know what Powers was told or how it was told to him, but I can probably speculate. Either way, the guys behind Saban are making things happen and aren't going to be stopped. They are going to get what they want. And we are all going to be happy when this is over.