Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BMD's Heading to Austin

Darrell McPhaul

I believe that there is more to this than just Saban as in Powers, Dodds, Brown, JJ and Perry (Aggyis scared)

OR

I believe the 3 BOR called this meeting ( Maybe Powers is stepping down due to the football deal and Friend Mack)

I hope Powers doesn't step down. While he may not be someone in favor of Saban, I still believe he's a great President for the University when it comes to the academic side of things. He might need some convincing when it comes to hiring Saban, but the guys who would be doing the convincing are all very extremely successful people who have done made a career convincing people of their way of thinking. I trust them.

I hope Powers doesn't step down. While he may not be someone in favor of Saban, I still believe he's a great President for the University when it comes to the academic side of things. He might need some convincing when it comes to hiring Saban, but the guys who would be doing the convincing are all very extremely successful people who have done made a career convincing people of their way of thinking. I trust them.

Why do you believe he is a great president for the university?

Why do you believe he is a great president for the university?

He's improving a lot of things on the academic side. He is fighting Perry tooth and nail from allowing Perry to make UT into a diploma factory. Powers has improved our standing in places like the AAU and other organizations. He's been working with Dodds and will now work with Patterson in an effort to make the athletic department completely endowed and self sufficient, which would in turn allow more money for the academic side of things without needing the legislature as much.

He brings a Pac 12 view of academics into UT and that is needed. Have you seen the rankings of the Cal system of schools? That's where we want to be and that's where he's trying to get us.

I'm not just talking about the BOR to meet with Powers. The BMD's are inroute today.

I stated yesterday that Tuesday or no later than Thursday the announcement will go down.

That schedule appears to be right on.

McPhaul sounds like the BMD are tired of the game MB is playing thanks for sharing keep up the good work. my friends y'all have a great week

Do you REALLY think Perry's lackeys are going to say the last straw was Powers refusing to fire Mack Brown? This, while the legislature has clearly instructed the BOR not to take any employment action against Perry?

Do you really think Rick Perry wants Mack fired that badly?

Perry's guys are already against Powers, its the pro Powers guys that are in an uproar about Mack, at least a couple of them. Those are the guys Powers has to please because one of those guys flips and Powers loses. .

If he doesn't handle this well he will be out of a job, maybe not right now but in the near future and all that he holds dear could go down with him.

I suspect he will sacrifice Mack for what he believes is the academic good of UT

Perry's guys are already against Powers, its the pro Powers guys that are in an uproar about Mack, at least a couple of them. Those are the guys Powers has to please because one of those guys flips and Powers loses. .

If he doesn't handle this well he will be out of a job, maybe not right now but in the near future and all that he holds dear could go down with him.

I suspect he will sacrifice Mack for what he believes is the academic good of UT

Let's hope so. Powers would be a huge loss to Texas, but this can't continue any longer.