Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NOTE TO McPHAUL et al

BiggUggly

You need to take control of this board NOW!

At some point, you will want this board to have subscriptions and to pay you for all the work that you do. I applaud you for that. However, as someone who is a paying member of all Longhorn sites, I see enough of the assholes elsewhere.

When I joined here, I did so hoping we could all share info, occaisional laughs and become "internet friends" (is that a little gay?).

Now, virtually every thread is filled with insults and callouts.

I wish you the best, but I can assure you that if you do not take control, you will end up being the site that we all left to be here.

I don't think we're there yet but this week felt a little more like OB. I get that orangeman or whatever his handle is doesn't think there's ever been anything to the Saban story; I don't need him being aggressive multiple times on every single thread on the topic with nothing new to say. I got it the first time. There are a few others but he stuck out.

It is. I don't think things are out of control at all. These are tough times for us Longhorns. Just got to suck it up and withstand it. Things will get better before too much longer.

I think we are all a little on edge

As Gene Hackman said in Crimson Tide after Denzel said the crew had low morale and was on edge, "anyone that can't take it can get off the boat right now, gentleman we are on the verge of war, that is all"

Agreed, there is nothing wrong here. This is FAR FAR from being Orangebloods.

I agree, but that is more because the sheer difference in size. OB is a huge beast that sorely needs a lot more in regards to dedicated mods and the ground rules have always been fluid. Now is when the foundation is built for the future growth. I know there is a lot of people on edge, but this will not be the last time.

The "just a few" posters will grow as the site does.

At some point, you will want this board to have subscriptions and to pay you for all the work that you do. I applaud you for that. However, as someone who is a paying member of all Longhorn sites, I see enough of the assholes elsewhere.

When I joined here, I did so hoping we could all share info, occaisional laughs and become "internet friends" (is that a little gay?).

I wish you the best, but I can assure you that if you do not take control, you will end up being the site that we all left to be here.

Bigg,

I hear you loud and clear. The mods have stepped it up a notch in the last two days. We will continue to improve in this area and I can promise you that.

Right now, emotions are high so, I'm learning how to walk a fine line. I appreciate the input.

I am a member of various sites. Unfortunately, they, along with Houston sports radio are all becoming reruns of the Beavis & Butthead show. Calling out people for stating information from reliable sources is ridiculous. If you are wanting stories that are rock-solid, stick to the newspaper. I for one appreciated hearing what is going on behind the scenes, even though it sometimes doesn't come to fruition. Keep up the good work McPhaul! Most of us are big-boys and can stand a disappointment now and then. Hook'em!!!

i agree with this. i've only been here a short time, but i've seen enough of the debbie downer stuff already. this board has great potential, and its off to a great start, but if it turns into OB lite, it won't have been worth it. just my two cents. i agree with my man BU. don't let it slide into the pit because you're trying to build the subscriber base.

It's nothing like OB.

OB is bad because you have such a strong push back by Mack's followers and Bellmont cronies it seems.

This site and IT doesn't have that issue IMO.

I think it's more of the Mack haters openly attacking the Mack followers and the personal attacks that follow. None of which are moderated even though the admins post in the same thread. There are no rules and it's just a fight club over there.

People who pay their money have to be given a bit more latitude, that is the unfortunate nature of the beast.

We as of yet aren't in that trap. With growth means you are going to get some salty people. Im as salty as anyone, but I think everyone on the team knows what crosses a line.

i agree with this. i've only been here a short time, but i've seen enough of the debbie downer stuff already. this board has great potential, and its off to a great start, but if it turns into OB lite, it won't have been worth it. just my two cents. i agree with my man BU. don't let it slide into the pit because you're trying to build the subscriber base.

I agree with Slim and Bigg. There are always a few posters that feel they have a right to post anything. They ruin it for everyone. By the time you try to gain control it will be too late.

I think it's more of the Mack haters openly attacking the Mack followers and the personal attacks that follow. None of which are moderated even though the admins post in the same thread. There are no rules and it's just a fight club over there.

It goes both ways. I know you lean in the Mack backers( unless I've mistaken you as I have seen your posts) column so your response makes sense.

I make no bones I want Mack gone. I do not attack other posters though.

It goes both ways. I know you lean in the Mack backers( unless I've mistaken you as I have seen your posts) column so your response makes sense.

I make no bones I want Mack gone. I do not attack other posters though.

Yes, I have been a Mack supporter, but I also agree that it's time for change. I think the majority of Texas fans agree upon this fact but the incessant bitching and bashing gets old. We get it, he needs to go, so lets just let it all play out and see what happens.

i lean to the positive but you cant have a board that's just all positive. This place has been refreshing so far. I dont think its going to become an OB Part 2. For one it actually has moderation and people seem genuinely interested in this being a different type of board than OB. One filled with great topics and discussion. Even when we dont agree. And great posters. This place is already loading up on really good posters

Yes, I have been a Mack supporter, but I also agree that it's time for change. I think the majority of Texas fans agree upon this fact but the incessant bitching and bashing gets old. We get it, he needs to go, so lets just let it all play out and see what happens.

Well said.....I think most of us feel the same way....