• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider Jason a friend and I really respect Dustin's baseball coverage and knowledge. I've been there since damn near the beginning, back to TheUniversity.com/Austin360 days. I have a lot of friends that I have met there and that site alone was my ONLY link to Texas Football for a long time when I moved to Washington. I am not the biggest GK fan, but for the reasons previously stated, I will be sticking around there.

That said, I have been spending a lot of time on here, but I think that most of y'all hit Luby's for the LuAnne Platter at 4:30 and are in bed after the 6 o'clock news. :cool:

I consider Jason a friend and I really respect Dustin's baseball coverage and knowledge. I've been there since damn near the beginning, back to TheUniversity.com/Austin360 days. I have a lot of friends that I have met there and that site alone was my ONLY link to Texas Football for a long time when I moved to Washington. I am not the biggest GK fan, but for the reasons previously stated, I will be sticking around there.

That said, I have been spending a lot of time on here, but I think that most of y'all hit Luby's for the LuAnne Platter at 4:30 and are in bed after the 6 o'clock news. :cool:

Never met you, but you come across as a genuinely laid back guy.

Good to have you over here.

A lot of really good posters in this thread.

Kinda where I'm at Bag. Always enjoyed your posts over there.

My old handle was TD96 but after that MTD character surfaced I changed it.

I have have enjoyed OB for so long but man its just gotten brutal over there at times.

I was pissed when that pathetic MTD character ruined your handle. That guy is a great example of exactly the type of poster (even if he was a troll joke) this site needs to avoid at all costs.

I've been with OB since the Austin 360/TheUniversity.com days as well. OB has been a good site over the years and I hope the mods crack down on all the trash threads. I love this site, but will stay with OB as well.

Most of us live in the central timezone brah

I am considering it, but I would miss it. Ketch has gotten too full of himself and forgot it's the members that make that site and not the mods. He also flew his liberal flag around a bit too much. It's still a great site because it has a lot of great posters(fewer than there used to be). Ketch and the other mods are great at what they do and seem to put in a lot of work. With Hornsports emerging, I'm not sure if I'd miss OB enough to give them$100 per year.

Not to make this thread anymore of a group hug but I had my run ins with cosell and mcphaul on orangebloods. I think I was more swept up in the board environment and I enjoy the calm over here. I've apologized to those guys on orangebloods all in the spirit of personal growth. You guys are doing a great job over here.

Cosell I may be emailing you in the next few days with a James Lockhart update.

Not to make this thread anymore of a group hug but I had my run ins with cosell and mcphaul on orangebloods. I think I was more swept up in the board environment and I enjoy the calm over here. I've apologized to those guys on orangebloods all in the spirit of personal growth. You guys are doing a great job over here.

Cosell I may be emailing you in the next few days with a James Lockhart update.

Thank you, good sir! Good to have you over here, 40.

No issues with you at all. As I've said in the past, you never crossed a line with me. And I don't hold grudges anyway.

I will admit to trying to change some of the bad attitudes (not you) over there at one time, and all it did was clutter the board. It wasn't my intentions. I can see how it came across the wrong way and I do regret that. Most of the times that I got myself in a back and forth over there, I was simply trying to mirror a bad poster and see if he could figure out how stupid it looks. But in the end it just was a stupid idea on my end.

Long time reader of the sticky threads, short time poster on the message boards. It took some time to digest it all.

It is a little bit of a culture shock to see the disrespect over there. It's all good now. Live and learn.

I tried to quit after Ketch was pretty rude to me after I replied to his Trayvon post, but he emailed me and comped me a couple of months. I really like McComas' coverage of ball and baseball. I'm with Joeywa that Ketch isn't my favorite part of the site, but I'd miss it. That said, depending on this site and how search pans out, I could see myself here and IT only. Maybe. Getting a lot of riff-raff over there.

been on OB for many years - still visit but not that much ( feel it is a good site but not enjoying it as much as i used to) -

have hardly posted there in all the years i have been there -

probably have posted more here in past month or so since i have joined as i feel more comfortable here - the mods here have a good handle on how the site is handled

enjoy this site a lot and spend more time here

I am still a member on the OB. There are definitely days like today that are quite crazy, but there are still many things I enjoy about the OB. There are also so really good posters I would miss. That said I am glad to have found this site. It is the Yin to the OB's Yang. McPhaul was always one of my favorite and respected posters over there and I love his vision for this new site. Hook 'Em!!!

I may cancel, but I'm not sure if I will wait until the coach drama is over. I will miss the OT and random posts the most. I could not care less about pop culture, so I never read Ketch's 10 thoughts. I like this site because when a post is made, half the replies aren't rude and disrespectful. You get that at both IT and OB. I "grew up" on forums where you treated people with respect and spoke to them like you would if they were standing in front of you. Be respectful even if you don't agree with them.

So I'm not sure exactly what I will do.

My friend, that is exactly why I am here. I don't know about OB, but IT has a little group that is more interested in bashing other posters or trying to be stand up comics, than talking all things UT. I have yet to see poster bashing on this site - vigorous discussions and argument are fine, if they are respectful of anothers opinion being just that - an opinion.

Seen the latest war room? They are so back and forth on these reports.

One time they truly feel there will be a mutual parting of the ways, with Mack Brown, now it's if he beats Baylor by at least 10, there is a good chance he is back

Who in the hell comes up with this stuff?!?, "if he beats Baylor by at least 10"

Seen the latest war room? They are so back and forth on these reports.

One time they truly feel there will be a mutual parting of the ways, with Mack Brown, now it's if he beats Baylor by at least 10, there is a good chance he is back

Who in the hell comes up with this stuff?!?, "if he beats Baylor by at least 10"

Considering this is literally Baylor's Super Bowl, I'm not concerned all that much.

I was on OB for > 12 years overall, I loved the OTs...I hated the confrontational BS. My card info changed and I will not update it as I was wanting to cancel anyways.

I am on 247 but that is about to change.

I was on IT around 2000 and just let it lapse.

I feel like I have the best of all worlds here and as I have posted before, I am HOME!!!

I am a member at 247 and have been a couple of years. I like their recruiting coverage. The coverage of coaching changes and things like that always lags behind sites like this though. I think that is because they follow a newspaper type format of having to have two or three verifiable sources before they will go with a story. Nothing wrong with that I guess, but I like to hear what's going on a little quicker than that. I really enjoy this site.