Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cancelled your subscription to OB?

I set a lot of the folks I posted with over here now and I'm a member at IT as well.

Just curious....I'm not sure if I will be over there much longer or not. Been with that site for almost 9 years now and it has changed a lot in the last 6 months.

I don't want this to be a bash thread at all. Just want to know if some of you have "officially" walked away.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may cancel, but I'm not sure if I will wait until the coach drama is over. I will miss the OT and random posts the most. I could not care less about pop culture, so I never read Ketch's 10 thoughts. I like this site because when a post is made, half the replies aren't rude and disrespectful. You get that at both IT and OB. I "grew up" on forums where you treated people with respect and spoke to them like you would if they were standing in front of you. Be respectful even if you don't agree with them.

So I'm not sure exactly what I will do.

I am a member of IT and 247. I had been thinking of giving up the 247 membership because the content has been bad for a long time. I did the OB 7 day trail a couple of weeks ago and did not like it at all. I had to call to tell them I wanted to stop the membership and was on hold for over an hour waiting. The only reason I have stayed with 247 is because of recruiting and that you can go to all of the other boards and see what they are talking about. That is nice to have when you are hoping for big news to break. IT is by far the best though.

Interestingly enough I had changed credit cards and didn't update the Rivals site with new card #. So the membership expired, and I haven't renewed. Had been thinking about it for months though. As you said that site has really changed in the last year or so. And there are a few things related to how the site is run that I'm not happy with either.

i have been on OB for about 10 years and still enjoy it. It has gotten a little too big, but I really enjoy a lot of the conversations that you just don't get at the other sites. I also like the way Chip and Such handle things as well.

I have tried and enjoy other sites, especially this one so far. Honestly, while I like IT and some of the information I see too much whining over there as well and since I am not as invested in it, in regards to friends, it really does not do much for me. It is kind of funny/sad that they actually seem to take a ton of jabs at Ketch and OB only to get upset when they feel slighted. Some people just take this stuff too serious.

Ironically there is a lot of cross-posting that goes on across all the sites, but especially IT and OB.

So long story short, I have no reason to leave OB. Between OB and now here I am really content and if I had to choose just two they would be the ones. Add in the other sites like IT, with their sources, and you get pretty great coverage from a lot of different perspectives.

I walked away from OB a few months ago. The Trayvon thread and the endless flaming did me in. Luckily, I had just found Tx Renegades and got here through D. McP. I am a bit of a recruiting Junkie and have a few ties to old coaches. I hope we get a good dose of recruiting news here. Might join IT for that fix...

Cancelled 247 back in August....it was just so obvious everything written over there had Bellmont's stamp on it. That was nauseating. I've been on Orangebloods since the beginning and while the staff's content has never really been compelling....the message boards were just too lively to walk away from previously. Today, I'm right on the razor's edge of cancelling. I've already scaled back posting over there as its difficult to have any kind of intelligent dialogue on that site. My primary sites at this point are Hornsports and IT. I really support McPhaul's vision for this site. He's got a good handle on the right culture for attracting and retaining quality posters.

I walked away from OB a few months ago. The Trayvon thread and the endless flaming did me in. Luckily, I had just found Tx Renegades and got here through D. McP. I am a bit of a recruiting Junkie and have a few ties to old coaches. I hope we get a good dose of recruiting news here. Might join IT for that fix...

It will be a while for the recruiting, but it will come with time.

Eric does good work over at IT.

And feel free to post your high school tidbits (or more) here. That's what this site is about, giving the fans a voice.

Or, if you don't want the hassle, you can get me in touch with them to add to my list of sources for the site if you want.

mrcosell@hornsports.com

Good to have you over here.

Cancelled 247 back in August....it was just so obvious everything written over there had Bellmont's stamp on it. That was nauseating. I've been on Orangebloods since the beginning and while the staff's content has never really been compelling....the message boards were just too lively to walk away from previously. Today, I'm right on the razor's edge of cancelling. I've already scaled back posting over there as its difficult to have any kind of intelligent dialogue on that site. My primary sites at this point are Hornsports and IT. I really support McPhaul's vision for this site. He's got a good handle on the right culture for attracting and retaining quality posters.

Kinda where I'm at Bag. Always enjoyed your posts over there.

My old handle was TD96 but after that MTD character surfaced I changed it.

I have have enjoyed OB for so long but man its just gotten brutal over there at times.

i have been on OB for about 10 years and still enjoy it. It has gotten a little too big, but I really enjoy a lot of the conversations that you just don't get at the other sites. I also like the way Chip and Such handle things as well.

I have tried and enjoy other sites, especially this one so far. Honestly, while I like IT and some of the information I see too much whining over there as well and since I am not as invested in it, in regards to friends, it really does not do much for me. It is kind of funny/sad that they actually seem to take a ton of jabs at Ketch and OB only to get upset when they feel slighted. Some people just take this stuff too serious.

Ironically there is a lot of cross-posting that goes on across all the sites, but especially IT and OB.

So long story short, I have no reason to leave OB. Between OB and now here I am really content and if I had to choose just two they would be the ones. Add in the other sites like IT, with their sources, and you get pretty great coverage from a lot of different perspectives.

These team sites, and the recruiting news, have gotten so big over the past ten years. It is no longer about breaking the news, IMO, it is about the way you deliver it and the community you build.