Find results in...

Twitter war between Clay Travis and IT going on

LongviewLobo01

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just looked at the IT website to see what they say in their Intellectual Property Statement. I found this paragraph:

APPLICABLE LAW

The Inside Texas website and service(s) are created and controlled in the State of Mississippi. As a result, the laws of the State of Mississippi will govern the terms of use without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. The parties agree that a condition of using Inside Texas website and/or service(s) is that any and all claims that arise out of the use of this website and/or service(s) will be tried in a court in the State of Mississippi and Mississippi law will apply. The Mississippi courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue, and you consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts over any claim, suit or proceeding arising out of the use of Inside Texas website and/or service(s) or the terms of use.

Mississippi?! Really?! Not Texas?!

I just looked at the IT website to see what they say in their Intellectual Property Statement. I found this paragraph:

APPLICABLE LAW

The Inside Texas website and service(s) are created and controlled in the State of Mississippi. As a result, the laws of the State of Mississippi will govern the terms of use without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. The parties agree that a condition of using Inside Texas website and/or service(s) is that any and all claims that arise out of the use of this website and/or service(s) will be tried in a court in the State of Mississippi and Mississippi law will apply. The Mississippi courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue, and you consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts over any claim, suit or proceeding arising out of the use of Inside Texas website and/or service(s) or the terms of use.

Mississippi?! Really?! Not Texas?!

My thoughts exactly. What the hell is up with Mississippi?? Seems strange.

Chats are actually a pretty sketchy area, legally speaking. It is technically a two (or more) way conversation done electronically. A game company that I moderated for, several years back, actually tried to sue for copyright infringement / fair use. They ended up losing the case because of the "electronic" communication and leveraged a similar law in Texas for the one party consent. Now the obvious way to get around this is to have an agreement when joining the chat regarding the use of the content in the chat. Not knowing how IT has theirs setup and/or the agreements, I can't really talk to this incident directly and I am not a lawyer so this is just something I have seen. It is just not as cut and dry as it may be seen.

Saying that though, doing what Clay did as a "professional" is very low ball. Not that I had any respect for the guy, doing something like this is BS. I was a bit shocked Ketch jumped into that fire. Pissing matches are never a good thing to get in the middle of.

I was a bit shocked Ketch jumped into that fire. Pissing matches are never a good thing to get in the middle of.

Hence my dislike of Ketch. He once did the exact same thing to my little site, stating we copy and pasted his War Room verbatim. Which didn't happen, and he couldn't prove either. I called his bluff.

Pot meet Ketch.

rant over.

Cossell, are you still on the site? If so, I will send the link. I couldn't believe it myself.

He first uses his first name, then goes on to say, "He used his real name on the first comment under the "outkickthevoerage.com" article. Lots of folks on the thread calling him out for doing it.

Edited by hooked76

Here is the conversation:

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Nahlin is a nice enough guy... I think. He used to email me about getting a job on OB, but he doesn't seem to be too much of a fan these days. He's just young and full of spirit.

ANOTHER POSTER:

If you're going to go below the belt to prop yourself up like that, you should tell the board how many times you've failed to hire Jesus Shuttlesworth.

KETCH:

That conversation has never been had. I've never talked with XXXX (My edit: I don't want to say his name) about anything like that.

I did reach out to Scipio though.

ANOTHER POSTER:

Why did you just refer to one of them by their alias name, but not the other? Again, that seems like low-blow stuff.

KETCH:

Paul W.

I wasn't trying to be low-blow. XXXXX posted under his own name on the Outside the Coverage story. First reply. Personally, I thin it's time for XXX to post as XXXX.

JS's name has been out there before but it just shows you how low class ketch is being. He also mentioned he said it as it's time for him to use his name. Who is ketch to decide that for someone else? He's just pissed it regularly has better info and has for years even back to recruitocosm

In his defense, no last name, but told everyone about his being the first comment on an article so it took 20 seconds to figure it out.

JS deleted the comment under article. It said he liked the story and well check out the site. Ketch is justifying this by saying that he used his name, but nowhere did he mention his name as JS.

Edited by hooked76