Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Giant Baba has spoken on OB

LongviewLobo01

When he talks, you should listen.

I'm not going to copy and paste because that's not what should be happening, but basically he said that talks have been going on since January and said that $8 million a year has been a "done deal" as long as a set of parameters go through and he said those are falling into place. That the thought of titles at 3 schools is something that Saban cares about.

It's not like The Giant Baba, aidensdad and guys like that to post things unless it's true.

When he talks, you should listen.

I'm not going to copy and paste because that's not what should be happening, but basically he said that talks have been going on since January and said that $8 million a year has been a "done deal" as long as a set of parameters go through and he said those are falling into place. That the thought of titles at 3 schools is something that Saban cares about.

It's not like The Giant Baba, aidensdad and guys like that to post things unless it's true.

I am with you on this information.......HOOK' EM

Some of the parameters I think that had to be met:

1. Alabama not playing for a national title

2. Money for Saban to clean up his messes from Bama and restock his nest egg

3. Major money for hiring of assistants so he doesn't have to worry about them jumping ship yearly

I'm sure there are more but those are the ones that I think were major. The big thing this weekend is not having a complete clusterf*ck of FSU and OSU losing. Both of them losing could push Alabama into the title game against the winner of the SEC title game. If FSU or OSU wins, Alabama is eliminated and he can definitely walk away at that point. I personally think that's the only hang up right now. Oh, and the fact that Mack hasn't officially announced his retirement, but I have a feeling that comes pretty quickly after the Baylor game.

Once Mack steps aside the last hurdle will have been crossed and then it's just a matter of whether or not Saban really wants to do it. We will definitely see at that point. If I had to guess, I think Saban is the Texas coach by the end of next week and the college football world will be turned upside down.

Edited by LongviewLobo01

Some of the parameters I think that had to be met:

1. Alabama not playing for a national title

2. Money for Saban to clean up his messes from Bama and restock his nest egg

3. Major money for hiring of assistants so he doesn't have to worry about them jumping ship yearly

I'm sure there are more but those are the ones that I think were major. The big thing this weekend is not having a complete clusterf*ck of FSU and OSU losing. Both of them losing could push Alabama into the title game against the winner of the SEC title game. If FSU or OSU wins, Alabama is eliminated and he can definitely walk away at that point. I personally think that's the only hang up right now. Oh, and the fact that Mack hasn't officially announced his retirement, but I have a feeling that comes pretty quickly after the Baylor game.

Once Mack steps aside the last hurdle will have been crossed and then it's just a matter of whether or not Saban really wants to do it. We will definitely see at that point. If I had to guess, I think Saban is the Texas coach by the end of next week and the college football world will be turned upside down.

Hey, Lobo, what pct. of you think Saban will be Texas coach by end of next week is what you hope/want and what pct. is what you really believe? Just curious. Tell your Dad hello for me.

CardSID,

Right now I think it's 100% that Saban is the coach at Texas next week. There are too many posters with too many skins on the wall all saying the same thing. Either this is one hell of a ruse by Sexton and Saban to get him a pile of money or this is legitimate. And I really don't think they'd need to go to all of these efforts to just get him a monster raise. The 60 Minutes piece about how much Saban has meant to Alabama pretty much gives him all the leverage he needs. And that's not even taking into account the fact that he wins titles.

I've been on the fence about the issue up until this point. I've always wanted Saban, but never truly believed until now. I mean if Saban was going to stay at Alabama and wanted a raise, why hasn't he gotten one yet? He's had all season long to negotiate with Alabama and put this rest and hasn't. I think that is the biggest red flag to me. I'm not worried about the articles or any of the statements. If Saban wanted to put this to rest all he had to do was walk into the AD's office and get a new contract for $6-7 million a year and this is over right then.

All I know is that if Saban backs out and doesn't end up coming there are going to be a LOT of posters who will lose a lot of credibility. I've spoken with mcphaul a couple of times and he's not backing down. I trust him implicitly.

I have been following this site for a short while now out of obvious interest (and some amusement) for how the whole situation is going and was wondering a couple of things. Based on the "parameters" mentioned and Saban's history, I would have to wonder if this wouldn't include to be left alone in handling of football matters. I was extremely skeptical when he went to Bama that the administrators and boosters would be able to let him handle his affairs without giving their input but to my surprise, it appears that they did and he was able to make the changes he wanted to. Would the "power players" at UT be able to do the same thing and let him do whatever he wanted without any input? If the salaries that are being thrown around are accurate (~7-8 mill.), would UT also be willing to spend the money to bring in whatever staff he wants to bring in? If he makes the move, will the UT fans be patient enough to let him build the team or will they expect similar results in a similar time frame as what he did at his current job?

I have been following this site for a short while now out of obvious interest (and some amusement) for how the whole situation is going and was wondering a couple of things. Based on the "parameters" mentioned and Saban's history, I would have to wonder if this wouldn't include to be left alone in handling of football matters. I was extremely skeptical when he went to Bama that the administrators and boosters would be able to let him handle his affairs without giving their input but to my surprise, it appears that they did and he was able to make the changes he wanted to. Would the "power players" at UT be able to do the same thing and let him do whatever he wanted without any input?

I think they would. This isn't a Jerry Jones situation where the men behind the scenes will be judging the coach's every move. Saban will be trusted with the team, just as Mack has been trusted with the team.

If the salaries that are being thrown around are accurate (~7-8 mill.), would UT also be willing to spend the money to bring in whatever staff he wants to bring in?

Absolutely. If they're serious about bringing in Saban, they'll give him his best opportunity to win. I'd expect them to spare no expense on Coordinators and etc.

If he makes the move, will the UT fans be patient enough to let him build the team or will they expect similar results in a similar time frame as what he did at his current job?

I think most would expect him to have us as a Big 12 Championship contender next year. They'd expect the same in 2015. And then by 2016, we'd expect him to have us in the National Championship chase.

On a side note, glad to see an LSU fan on the board. Hope you stick around. LSU is the team I pull for in the SEC.

Thanks for the welcome, Blake. I was just curious on some UT fans perspective on what they are willing to do and what the expectations are. Good luck with a coaching search.

Y'all have a nice site without much of the BS around here. I feel badly for your program being in "limbo" right now with it seeming like Mack wants to stick around longer than he should and causing damage in the process. I don't think he means to do that but I just don't think he is able to look at it objectively enough to realize that is what he is doing. Obviously, I wouldn't mind seeing Saban go to UT but, then again, LSU is one of the few teams that has held their own with Bama with Saban at the helm since he has been there. So I won't lose too much sleep if he stays where he is at. Also, I have high hopes for the next couple of years.

Thanks for the welcome, Blake. I was just curious on some UT fans perspective on what they are willing to do and what the expectations are. Good luck with a coaching search.

Y'all have a nice site without much of the BS around here. I feel badly for your program being in "limbo" right now with it seeming like Mack wants to stick around longer than he should and causing damage in the process. I don't think he means to do that but I just don't think he is able to look at it objectively enough to realize that is what he is doing. Obviously, I wouldn't mind seeing Saban go to UT but, then again, LSU is one of the few teams that has held their own with Bama with Saban at the helm since he has been there. So I won't lose too much sleep if he stays where he is at. Also, I have high hopes for the next couple of years.

Welcome Tiger fan. Nice to have a different fan-base perspective without all the BS