Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mack Brown??????

JimsTexas

Mack Brown deserves the respect of all of us and the level that he has taken the Texas football program including the expanses of the top notch facilities. But this talk that MB is asking for another year is not in the best interest of Texas football. Sorry aggies eat you hart out but The University Of Texas is the flag ship university of the state of Texas and 8/3 seasons are not good enough.

With the talent pool in Texas and the kind of talent Texas can pull in it's unacceptable that we are not in the MNC hunt every season.

Those 8/3 seasons would be good for some other college but not at The University Of Texas.

At Texas I call if mediacy and folks at Texas that old dog just want hunt.

Now we have all said that MB needs a graceful way to say good and if this season ends like we all hope it will. With a win over Baylor that would be a prefect situation for MB to do tell the Texas fan that he is stepping down.

I want to thank our insiders for sharing there information. I think our insiders are right and MB will step down time will tell. My friends y'all have a great weekend

JimsTexas,

Well put. I believe most Texas faithful are in agreement that Mack Brown has earned and deserves a graceful exit. Determining just what constitutes a graceful exit is up for interpretation. Mack need not fall into the Bobby Bowden boat and think he has an open-ended tenure. That ship has sailed. Does he deserve another year? I personally don't think he does. But Steve Patterson holds the cards and it will be at his discretion. I've stated in previous posts that I think Mack's return is 60/40 in favor of him coming back in 2014. Should that be the case, I think it's paramount that it be understood that 2014 is a farewell tour. Mack will have a chance to pass DKR on the all time wins list and can leave with grace. The flip side of this would be another start like we had this season. I believe attendance would drop as would interest. It's a dangerous gamble and Patterson very well could be factoring that into the equation. I think the one thing that has hurt Mack with his constituency through the years is the way he loses games. Brother when he gets beat, he gets pummeled to the point of embarrassment. It's a huge risk to bring Mack back in 2014, but one I think Patterson will take. FWIW

Edited by RoyalCrowns

I don't believe in "farewell" tours...it may start out as hush-hush but then it gets reported and boom the season and recruiting go to sh1t. What follows is complete and utter chaos.

I don't like the idea of a farewell year that is only going to put us future behind in recruiting. We are already seeing some blow back in recruiting. The recruits want to know who there coach and position coach will be. The further behind we fall in recruiting the longer it will take to rebuild. Mack has a big ego he might feel he should leave when he is ready. My friends y'all have a great week.

I don't like the idea of a farewell year that is only going to put us future behind in recruiting. We are already seeing some blow back in recruiting. The recruits want to know who there coach and position coach will be. The further behind we fall in recruiting the longer it will take to rebuild. Mack has a big ego he might feel he should leave when he is ready. My friends y'all have a great week.

I love your writing and I do believe Mack knows he will resign.....yes we are Texas.

Jim you have a good week!!!:)

Agree. This was the farewell year. The beat down in Dallas was the highlight of the farewell year. The Sooners even made TShirts for the farewell tour, God bless 'em. Overtime in Morgantown was exciting as hell. A Turkey Day win is always a great thing in Texas. Let's wrap it up with a conference title!

Jim, just came over from OB. Good to see that you are here. I miss your posts. Caught any fish? Need to see pictures. And I hope that Mack allows himself to go out gracefully whether on his terms or not.

anglerman have not been in the last month but Deb and I are working on our trip to Alaska next year. We will leave in April start in Mississippi visiting ken. Then head to Washington State were I plan on visiting Principal and joeywa. Will come home in time for my grandson and Texas football season. My friends y'all have a great weekend