Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I give permission this time(Saban rumor talk thread)

MBHORNSFAN

I dont want to get banned over there LOL. Was good stuff though. Separate from the Jesus stuff one of the biggest things for me tonight was seeing Aidensdad post Saban to Texas. As mentioned in the other thread he's a very well respected & connected poster who doesn't post often anymore, and doesn't post crap for the hell of it.

I dont want to get banned over there LOL. Was good stuff though. Separate from the Jesus stuff one of the biggest things for me tonight was seeing Aidensdad post Saban to Texas. As mentioned in the other thread he's a very well respected & connected poster who doesn't post often anymore, and doesn't post crap for the hell of it.

Exactly, seeing AD throw that out there is all I needed to hear. that guy is tuned in and doesn't run his mouth.

What a time to join this board! And might I also say the manner, detail and respect that is shown on here is off the charts. Thanks for letting me tag along.

Let's just say I'm 8 yrs old again and it's Christmas. And I cannot wait to see what St Nick will bring when he comes down my burnt orange chimney. Cheers! 🍺🍺🍺

There was also some tidbits about 2-5 5*s potentially following Saban Westward. No names though.

I am wondering how the University of Alabama will react to Saban leaving and whether they will tightly impose the terms of his contract. They aren't problematic on the surface, if the University wanted to, they could be petty.

The three provisions of interest is the Saban has to notify the University before talking to any other schools. If he is talking seriously with Texas, he would have had to already give that notice.

He would have to give 30 days notice, so if he announced today, he wouldn't be free from his existing contract until after the bowl games.

He can't talk to any Bama recruits at his new school unless the new school had previously also been recruiting the individual. Are there any Bama 5* that Texas is also recruiting? I would think to ensure Texas suddenly starts to recruit a Bama 5* someone on the Texas staff would have to be told to do it and Mack would know it was going on.

If Saban breaches aby of the terms of his contract, what would UA do? Bob Witt is their President and had DEEP UT connections. I personally don't know if they would do anything, but Saban just taking 2 5* recruits doesn't happen without issues being created.

I am wondering how the University of Alabama will react to Saban leaving and whether they will tightly impose the terms of his contract. They aren't problematic on the surface, if the University wanted to, they could be petty.

The three provisions of interest is the Saban has to notify the University before talking to any other schools. If he is talking seriously with Texas, he would have had to already give that notice.

He would have to give 30 days notice, so if he announced today, he wouldn't be free from his existing contract until after the bowl games.

He can't talk to any Bama recruits at his new school unless the new school had previously also been recruiting the individual. Are there any Bama 5* that Texas is also recruiting? I would think to ensure Texas suddenly starts to recruit a Bama 5* someone on the Texas staff would have to be told to do it and Mack would know it was going on.

If Saban breaches aby of the terms of his contract, what would UA do? Bob Witt is their President and had DEEP UT connections. I personally don't know if they would do anything, but Saban just taking 2 5* recruits doesn't happen without issues being created.

Good question...but I would think that if he buys out of the contract then those provisions would be void, correct? Or am I incorrect? I've been wrong once or twice before.

Good question...but I would think that if he buys out of the contract then those provisions would be void, correct? Or am I incorrect? I've been wrong once or twice before.

Here is Saban's contract. http://www.hornsports.com/docs/Nick_Saban_Contract.pdf

There is no buyout provision. All he has to do is give 30 days notice and he walks. he could negotiate an exit that would modify the terms of the contract, but I wonder why UA would be motivated to do that.

The first hint I was looking for that things were happening was a report of a Texas assistant showing up unexpectedly at a game in which a Bama 5* recruit was playing with the back story being that because Texas has plugged some of the leaks the recruit was looking at Texas. Either there needs to be some attention paid to the mechanics of how Saban would disengage from UA and begin to take control at Texas, of you have to accept he will ignore the details contained in his contract and that UA would not take issue with him doing so.

I haven't followed other high profile coaching changes, so I don't know how these issues are usually addressed. Hopefully, someone can chime in on the details.

Here is Saban's contract. http://www.hornsports.com/docs/Nick_Saban_Contract.pdf

There is no buyout provision. All he has to do is give 30 days notice and he walks. he could negotiate an exit that would modify the terms of the contract, but I wonder why UA would be motivated to do that.

The first hint I was looking for that things were happening was a report of a Texas assistant showing up unexpectedly at a game in which a Bama 5* recruit was playing with the back story being that because Texas has plugged some of the leaks the recruit was looking at Texas. Either there needs to be some attention paid to the mechanics of how Saban would disengage from UA and begin to take control at Texas, of you have to accept he will ignore the details contained in his contract and that UA would not take issue with him doing so.

I haven't followed other high profile coaching changes, so I don't know how these issues are usually addressed. Hopefully, someone can chime in on the details.

Enter Patrick Suddes.

Enter Patrick Suddes.

Makes a lot of sense. I'm guessing a phone call or a mailing to a recruit would easily qualify as Texas actively recruiting an athlete. I personally don't think a 30 day notice clause is that much of an issue. UA will want to get moving on as quickly as possible and get a new guy ion place asap. The part I'm wondering is how Saban's notice to UA that he is talking to Texas hasn't been leaked.

I do not believe Mack is leaving so Saban is not coming to UT and I seriously doubt that Saban comes to UT even if Mack leaves but, if he does come to Texas, I doubt very seriously that Alabama can keep any recruit from going wherever they want to go to school.

I am skeptical that Saban is coming to Texas, but who really knows at this point. There is enough credibility on the line that certain people have to be working on something other than idle chatter.

As far as Bama preventing a recruit from coming to Texas, that isn't the point. The point is that Saban can't recruit a Bama recruit (unless Texas has previously also been recruiting him) or Saban breaches his agreement with UA. The kid goes where he wants to and has no repercussions. UA and Saban would have a breach of contract issue and Bama could seek damages against Saban as an individual.

What a time to join this board! And might I also say the manner, detail and respect that is shown on here is off the charts. Thanks for letting me tag along.

Let's just say I'm 8 yrs old again and it's Christmas. And I cannot wait to see what St Nick will bring when he comes down my burnt orange chimney. Cheers!

AGAIN? I thought you WERE 8.

I do not believe Mack is leaving so Saban is not coming to UT and I seriously doubt that Saban comes to UT even if Mack leaves but, if he does come to Texas, I doubt very seriously that Alabama can keep any recruit from going wherever they want to go to school.

Mack is gone 100% trust I

Have a hard time believing this

Powers debunks Saban rumors

University of Texas president Bill Powers on Thursday debunked the widespread rumors that the school is pursuing Nick Saban or has agreed to a contract with the hugely successful Alabama coach and said there has been no decision on Mack Brown's future as the Longhorns head coach.

"I've never met Nick Saban. I've never talked to Nick Saban. We have not hired Nick Saban," Powers told the American-Statesman on Thursday afternoon. "Mack's our coach, and I can say flatly that the rumors we have hired or come to an agreement with Nick Saban or even talked to him are false."

Powers acknowledged that a current Texas regent and a former regent had met with Saban's agent, Jimmy Sexton, last January about the possibility that Saban could replace Brown, and Powers said he "exempts" that meeting from Powers' current views. After that meeting, former regent Tom Hicks spoke to Brown about the possibility. Brown told Hicks he did not want to resign, and the flirtation with Saban went no further at the time. Saban has won four national championships, including three of the last four.

"There was an outreach to his agent, and I exempt that from this discussion," Powers said. "Whatever happened then happened. We don't have any plans one way or the other (to replace Brown). And we don't have an opening."

Powers declined to speculate on Brown's future at Texas and said there are no plans to sit down and discuss it. Both men as well as new athletic director Steve Patterson will be in New York City, starting Sunday, for the National Football Foundation banquet as well as meetings with Texas alumni. Brown's contract pays him $5.4 million a year and runs through 2020.

Asked if Brown has told Powers that he wants to stay at Texas beyond this his 16th season, the president said, "That's for Mack to decide. I think he would (tell me)."

Powers also said Patterson would "absolutely" be involved in any decision-making progress concerning Brown's job status "and anything involving men's athletics."

He stressed that Patterson did not come to Texas "with an agenda" but is taking his time to familiarize himself with everything. Patterson officially replaced outgoing athletic director DeLoss Dodds last week.

"I know this (Brown's status) is on a lot of people's minds," Powers said, "but people are focused on the Baylor game."

Texas (8-3) faces Baylor (10-1) at 2:30 p.m. Saturday in Waco in the final game ever played at Floyd Casey Stadium with an outright or share of the Big 12 football championship on the line.

Nick Saban as Texas Longhorns coach? UT president says no | Bohl Games | www.statesman.com